JAGEX LIMITED v.IMPULSE SOFTWARE, ERIC SNELLMAN, and MARK SNELLMAN

Mercifull

So do Jagex have to pay them back for all the memberships they bought for these bots?

As for giving them the information about all those who wrote scripts or helped develop iBot at any point, I think that was a low-blow by the bot developers to those who aided the most into putting money in their pockets. The clients were nothing without the scripts. I doubt they should be at all worried though.

09144a99bb.png

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won at least one million dollars, Ambler. I doubt the case cost even that. :P

Only if the developers break the conditions of the court ruling.

But they will have to pay for Jagex side of the legal fees plus any damages. I bet its easily wiped out any profit they ever made and probably more.

I don't doubt that ;) I just wanted to make sure that this won't be misunderstood

There is significant money changing hands, though... enough to justify a lien on the Snellmans house.

Defendants Second Payment to Jagex shall be secured by a lien on Defendants home located at 3012 Bellwind Circle, Rockledge, Florida 32955. The lien shall be for 200% of the amount of the Second Payment in order to cover any attorneys fees or costs incurred by Jagex in the event that it needs to execute on the lien due to non-payment by Defendants.

When you place a lien on real estate, you arent talking about chump change.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

So do Jagex have to pay them back for all the memberships they bought for these bots?

As for giving them the information about all those who wrote scripts or helped develop iBot at any point, I think that was a low-blow by the bot developers to those who aided the most into putting money in their pockets. The clients were nothing without the scripts. I doubt they should be at all worried though.

It's hard a low blow by the bot developers the court ordered them to do that.

Besides if the rsbot thing is anything to go by theyll offer an amnesty and maybe dole out some rollbacks, the only ones with any major concerned should be the re-sellers and the script devs as Jagex will likely take a less forgiving view on them and, as this shows, can take them to court and win.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bloody hell nice house!

nicehouse.jpg

6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 8,071 sqft. And if you were wondering whats under that glass roof, its an indoor pool.

picture-uh=b77f933939d81c661d4e315b77be9f6d-ps=9085cf1ba1438aa63da570bd95e2885b.jpg

Estimates value (according to Trulia): $1,099,000

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

:blink:

Share pls.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

That's the house mentioned in the court documents so I'd guess that's the house that the Snellman bros. bought with the money illegally earned from the bot.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

They won at least one million dollars, Ambler. I doubt the case cost even that. :P

Only if the developers break the conditions of the court ruling.

But they will have to pay for Jagex side of the legal fees plus any damages. I bet its easily wiped out any profit they ever made and probably more.

I don't doubt that ;) I just wanted to make sure that this won't be misunderstood

There is significant money changing hands, though... enough to justify a lien on the Snellmans house.

Defendants Second Payment to Jagex shall be secured by a lien on Defendants home located at 3012 Bellwind Circle, Rockledge, Florida 32955. The lien shall be for 200% of the amount of the Second Payment in order to cover any attorneys fees or costs incurred by Jagex in the event that it needs to execute on the lien due to non-payment by Defendants.

When you place a lien on real estate, you arent talking about chump change.

Looks like they own a very nice house. I was nosey too, Mercifull. :P One website listed it at $866K in November 2011.

Bows, the Snellman's house.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

860k-1000k... either way its one hell of a chunk of real estate paid for by cheaters.

Damn right I vote there for RuneFest 2012! lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Well, apparently Jagex (indirectly) already paid for that house, so why not :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

860k-1000k... either way its one hell of a chunk of real estate paid for by cheaters.

Damn right I vote there for RuneFest 2012! lol

picture-uh=e21576138e33f647fd53886342c48ed3-ps=d627b18bc1bf45f12d69f1727f34f9e1.jpg

Plenty of room for the tanks in the driveway. :P

RIP Michaelangelopolous

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Exhibit B is sadly confidential but what we do know is that the settlement was in "excess of six figures".

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I wrote about this back when Jagex first announced the lawsuit. I was slammed with spam comments by ibot users saying Jagex (with an F replacing the J) would never win and how I was only reporting on it because I was a (f word) and apparently have had intimate relations with Andrew Gower.

So watching Jagex win is especially fun for me.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Great job Jagex! I'm so happy the law came firmly down on the side of proper game play.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

VIIICCCCTTOORRRYYY

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101