26-Jan-2012 - Dev Blog: Re-sculpting the TzHaar

BloodAngel

Did I miss something where it was said we would need fire capes for this quest?

If that's the case then I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend, though it seems unlikely since Jagex already recognized that they have players who either through disability or age or whatever, are not physically capable of beating Jad (hence why you can buy the ability to fight ice wyrms without the cape).

Other than that, looks nice.

I think Jagex said that the TzHaar quest or some aspect of it would require a Fire Cape at RuneFest.

They talked about a bigger Jad which would require a fire cape as entrance fee - whether that is during or after the quest idk, but I would guess after it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, my extreme desire to not spend 3 hours of my life for a chance to find out if I can prayer swap fast enough or not (I'm pretty sure I can't from every experience I have ever had trying it), means I'm going to wait and see if I need the fire cape to keep my quest cape or not.

Three hours is a bit exaggerated, the caves are an hour max, get a slayer task and Storm of Armadyl and it's under 40 minutes (even without ovl/turm/virtus).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It's not the waves that are the problem. I can't prayer switch no matter how powerful my weapons are or damage soaking my armour. It simply takes too long (takes me 1-2 hours) to get to Jad only to die in 5 seconds.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Whatever it is, pleaaasee don't require the fire cape for the quest. The fire cape is something aimed to be awesome and not be something you are forced to do. And it would kinda lose it's meaning too =/

Not that I don't want to do it.

Other than that, I love it.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

It's not the waves that are the problem. I can't prayer switch no matter how powerful my weapons are or damage soaking my armour. It simply takes too long (takes me 1-2 hours) to get to Jad only to die in 5 seconds.

I was like that when I used to play. It took me around 12 times to get my cape, but in the end, prayer switching Jad is actually quite easy when you figure it out (or was). In reality, you only need to switch one prayer. Learn one of his attacks as best as possible, which was magic when I did mine (this is going back 3-4 years). I would have ranged prayer on constantly, only switching for his magic attack, then switching back after the attack. it prived a much easier way to do it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Well, as soon as this is announced in the BTS, I'll get to 360-180-180 and logout until update. :3

New Jad meaning graphics or level 1404 BEAST? :unsure:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

There are also a few new Media images...

Seem to show Troll warzone?

New Tzhaar area + some of the monsters

Some green dungeon with some rather green, metallic looking dragons!

EDIT:

Could actually just be an updated Brimhaven Dungeon...noticing the wild dogs..

If it is the updated Brimhaven dungeon then it looks almost identical to the Dragonkin area shown in one of the screenshots over on Kotaku.

I think it's more likely to be Adamant dragons to be honest. For one thing, I don't see why they would add Green Dragons to a non wilderness area, not to mention those dragons in the new screenshots look identical to Mithril dragons only green.

Sylpheed.png

Three hours is a bit exaggerated, the caves are an hour max, get a slayer task and Storm of Armadyl and it's under 40 minutes (even without ovl/turm/virtus).

Jad seems to be the kind of boss that players will either kill without any trouble or will never be able to beat. It doesn't help that the waves are a huge time sink; You lose 40 minutes with every failure, or even every time you want to work out a new strategy.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fight caves and wish there were was more content like it and the fire cape. Maybe they could add a practice Jad to the Dominion tower? :grin:

<snip> Maybe they could add a practice Jad to the Dominion tower? :grin:

I would LOVE this. I hate losing 40mins-1hr just to die at jad too quickly before he even gets on screen. I just want a way to get better at knowing his attacks, so that I have a much better chance while fighting him in the caves.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I like everything except [hide]ivj20w.jpg[/hide]. I think it's neat they're showing who they got inspiration from. I'd love a Roger Dean-esque tzhaar land, and possible elf area. I kind of preferred the old theme of black and red to the current orange and grey, but it seems decent enough.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

<snip> Maybe they could add a practice Jad to the Dominion tower? :grin:

I would LOVE this. I hate losing 40mins-1hr just to die at jad too quickly before he even gets on screen. I just want a way to get better at knowing his attacks, so that I have a much better chance while fighting him in the caves.

I would love this option, I find Jad fun, and actually wouldn't mind paying a couple of fire capes to unlock something like this. :thumbup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

This is pretty amazing. I hope the Fire Cape gets a graphical update to restore its status as best looking cape in the game.

I can't really imagine something more powerful than Jad though. Jad can already one-hit you and uses all forms of combat as well as heals. I realize there's Nex, but she's soloable up to the blood phase, no? I don't consider her when I'm thinking of monsters meant for a single-player challenge.

Then again - and this is for everyone saying they can't get a Fire Cape - Jad is now extremely easy with Ganodermic armor. If they made a new monster, the only way they could make it more powerful would be through gimmicks like ignoring your gear, prayer switching itself, ARMOR switching itself, etc.

Lol, can you imagine having to practically brid a monster that becomes immune to one style, highly resistant to another, and changes its own attacks based on your own armor all at the same time?

Okay. Now I know how they can make something tougher than Jad. :P

2dgucz6.png

Lol, saw on XP-Waste that there was talk of a new Jad which would cost a fire cape to even attempt... So I spent days just getting capes and fell in love with doing caves. Then, in each dev-blog was no mention of a new Tzhaar or fight caves. Started to think it was just a rumour.

Finally! I know I (may not) have wasted my time! :P.

09144a99bb.png

This devblog was extremely interesting. I was thrilled to hear of a quest that looking into the nature of the TzHarr, and the rework. I love quests like that :D Hearing the research they did as well was pretty awesome. I can't wait to see the finished products.

hzvjpwS.gif

Well it sounds interesting and the artwork looks good, but I'll wait to see it in-game. Usually the real thing is nowhere near as good looking as they say.

2480+ total

Wouldn't having to pay a fire cape to practice on Jad defeat the purpose of practicing on Jad? Yall already have the elite glove revive bonus, so it's not as if there isn't already a fallback there.

Anyway, it's really hard for me to tell if I'm lagging or if the boss was designed to only give you a fraction of a second to react in the first place (which is then negated if there is any prayer lag in the equation). Due to all the changes, there's no sound to warn you or safespot to hide in, so in reality it's way harder for first timers now, not considering the unintentional assistance from ganodermic, which isn't exactly what you would call "accessible to everybody" but I guess it's closest to what you would call "too easy".

edit: yeah, jad needs to hit you at least 2 or 3 times to kill you, unless you're intentionally fighting at a low hp value, which is not advisable really

8f14270694.jpg