Fix FPS & lag instead of bringing new game content?

Merre

I get constant 15-16 FPS in Taverly/Burthope, around 17-18 in GE, it's a consistent 27-30 FPS elsewhere (except for Darkmeyer which is like 10 FPS), with all settings on max including 4xAA. It appears that new areas seem to lag more (although Dominion Tower is lag free for me)...?

My God, I would kill for fps like that. I barely get 20fps in fixed mode with all the settings on minimum - and that's in quiet areas. I logged into W1 G.E. just to see what would happen and I dropped to about 3fps. It's ridiculous.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I run on about 30-50 fps depending on what computer I am on. I don't see what the big deal is about just turning the quality on the lowest setting. I don't know about you (well actually I do, apparently you're unwilling), but if I were having your problem while playing on high setting, I would turn it to the minimum. ESPECIALLY if it were affecting my gameplay THAT much. In fact, I always turn my graphics setting on "min" no matter what computer I'm playing on. I hate all of the confusing graphics and different looks. It really pisses me off.

diabl0_915.png

Except that some of us are running in fixed mode with everything turned off and still barely get 20fps in a completely empty area. Start adding other players to that equation and the fps just gets even worse.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm back to avoiding the G.E. on busy worlds just like before the Nuke. Not because of the spam but because the frame rate is so low I can't do anything.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Except that some of us are running in fixed mode with everything turned off and still barely get 20fps in a completely empty area. Start adding other players to that equation and the fps just gets even worse.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm back to avoiding the G.E. on busy worlds just like before the Nuke. Not because of the spam but because the frame rate is so low I can't do anything.

I don't see your problem being entirely Jagex's fault. Maybe you should post your specs or something.

I have to jump in this thread. Wasn't extremely bothered with the small lag/low fps until today I tried to do the Firemakers Curse's boss. :wall: Get your things together JaGeX!

Oh and the new Burthorpe... bloody hell.

Sephy.png

Gosh, I'm tired of people telling others to lower or their settings or "get a better computer" only because they're lucky and not affected by this issue.

Every computer that's not older than 5 years has the specs to run Runescape smoothly basically. The problem are NOT the specs. It's very likely certain incompatibility issues which is why some people are affected and others not.

Besides, apart from Screen size turning down your graphics does next to nothing in terms of improving your FPS and even if you put up with the annoyance of the tiny fixed screen, it's just a few fps you can squeeze out of that. Most people still haven't got a smooth game after that.

Ya, my fps is lower too, but I doubt his fps is that low solely because of jagex.

Before the last few updates, I was running a stable 30 fps, more in empty areas. Nowadays, with almost minimal settings I don't get over 20 in empty areas, very often around 10-15 and 3-4 in busy areas such as the grand exchange or the new burthorpe. Clearly my computer's fault right?

When I run other games, I run at a stable 30-40fps.

When I run Runescape, I run at 2fps.

Wtf.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It's funny because I have no lag and FPS issues whatsoever. Maybe you should consider getting a better computer if you haven't upgraded yours recently, you can't expect Jagex to keep up with the graphics but be held down by lower-end computers. I'm still on a GT9500 GFX card and I can support almost maximum graphics with 50 FPS, my other computer is on a GTX550-Ti and it runs everything smoothly, so I don't see why people are lagging FPS-wise.

There are options for lower graphics aswell. If you lag on FPS, why not try lowering them?

Ping lag-wise, I'm from Asia and the lowest ping I can get on a server is 250. It doesn't disrupt my gameplay. You're from the UK, so I'm not sure what causes you to lag.

I'm having the same problem as these people, maybe not as severely now but it's hardly improved. I get no difference between min and max gfx with my 'piece of crap' computer. Just saying. Maybe you should've thought it through that RS probably is affecting certain hardware differently than others before posting, also. The Min spec's on RS are also very low, why would anyone need a new computer all of a sudden?

The RS ping thing is really messed. I can get delay on a low-ping world and no delay on a high-ping world. I think it's mostly reserved for the amount of disconnects anyway.

553VriC.png?1

It's funny because I have no lag and FPS issues whatsoever. Maybe you should consider getting a better computer if you haven't upgraded yours recently, you can't expect Jagex to keep up with the graphics but be held down by lower-end computers. I'm still on a GT9500 GFX card and I can support almost maximum graphics with 50 FPS, my other computer is on a GTX550-Ti and it runs everything smoothly, so I don't see why people are lagging FPS-wise.

There are options for lower graphics aswell. If you lag on FPS, why not try lowering them?

Ping lag-wise, I'm from Asia and the lowest ping I can get on a server is 250. It doesn't disrupt my gameplay. You're from the UK, so I'm not sure what causes you to lag.

Some people just have to use low spec pc's PIU - they cost money and its a recession

Some people just have to use low spec pc's PIU - they cost money and its a recession

^This. Besides, the minimum specs for RS don't really require cutting-edge technology. I have a 5 year old laptop that more than meets the minimum specs to run RuneScape, is unreasonable to assume that means the game will run with a reasonable frame rate (ie: not in the red and bordering on single digits) at the lowest game settings?

Must say, RS seems to be running pretty well for me on a mediocre 3 year old laptop.

I play on standard detail (Is it just me or does it feel waay more claustrophobic now days?) though, because i don't play runescape for graphics, hell, i actually prefer the simple derpy ones.

CNqWHdA.jpg