Gardening for Victory!

I was talking to my brother today about how some people are just instantly recognisable on rune. and then you came running round the corner :D Can spot you a mile off! :thumbsup:

Thats some pretty hefty bxpw levelling, congrats on them! Can't wait for the Morytania dairies myself too, if only for more mushrooms from the patch :D

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I was talking to my brother today about how some people are just instantly recognisable on rune. and then you came running round the corner :D Can spot you a mile off! :thumbsup:

Thats some pretty hefty bxpw levelling, congrats on them! Can't wait for the Morytania dairies myself too, if only for more mushrooms from the patch :D

Haha, I didn't think I was that recognisable! I recognise your clothes though, especially with your shiny new cape - well done on that! :D

Yeah, I love those sorts of things. What do you reckon some of the tasks will be?

Managed to get 80 Thieving yesterday:

120322142205.png

This means I now have all skills 80+! Quite a big achievement for me.

I decided to show off my new cape:

120323211340.png

It's nice, though I think I'll still stick to my (apparently recognisable) ensemble.

Got a few levels, including 85 fishing, 87 woodcutting and 91 FM (1 more to adze! Should get in a couple of weeks of strange rocks)

My plans for the next week I am unsure of; I'm going to continue herb farming for money, and I've added morchellas too. I'm thinking about starting to level crafting to 89; I've got almost 1k sandstone to convert to flasks, which will be either profitable or useful (or both!) I will also work on getting a few more skills to 85, namely agility (until Skoll bonus wears off), hunter (for more Samaden/Ugune seeds) and possibly mining. I need a good setup for LRC though, I think I will post in H&A.

I would like to DG more, but I can't help feeling I slow teams down. In most parties, I am the only sub-137 combat (and often, sub-100 DG) player. As such, I just can't keep up in terms of DPS and deaths. I worry that I compromise floor times and my own exp - maybe I should hold DG off a bit until I get some more combat experience. However, before I do that, I would like to get my hands on at least a few overloads, so it may be quite some time.. we will see. I continue to C2 fish my lower floors when I feel like it.

Speaking of agility, I got my agile legs as well - thanks to my T2 Surefooted aura, getting through those laps was a lot quicker (and less painful) than I previously expected.

Bring on the next few levels!

That's a whole lot of nice levels and quests completed! Congratulations :D

I figured I would catch some Zamorak jadinkos (while I still knew the combination for the habitats) and stock up on Zamorak vines. I spent a couple of Arctic bears there and managed to get around 150 vines, meaning I will have enough for favour potions for quite some time. In the process, I got 84 hunter:

120324174357.png

Worked on some hunter some more and managed to boost my stack of Marble vines to 400 or so - should keep me going for a while! :) Left me with 165k to 85 too, which I might get this week while getting rocks + placeholder witchdoctor legs.

With this in mind, a picture of my herblore/farming tab seems appropriate:

120325192543.png

I do enjoy Herbitat <3: I have enough farming, mining and hunter potions to last me a long, long time! However, I can't help myself from making more. It's free exp (if you ignore the time aspect) and I'm sure I'll put the potions to good use - in the holidays, I manage to get through at least 1 farming potion per day.

I also made some more extreme potions - I'm now less than 200k exp from 91 herblore. I should have enough extreme attacks and strengths to last me through to 99 Slayer, give or take a few (depending on tasks, cannoning, maging etc.) I will therefore make some more of these potions just for Overload use. I'm not sure on the number of Overloads to make; obviously, they are very expensive but invaluable for DG/bossing.

Speaking of DG, I did a couple of floors today, bringing me very close to 88 (another floor should do it!). I hope to get 89 by the end of this week; it seems it will unfortunately include a reset too, but at least I will have a higher prestige. In the next couple of months I'd like to reach warped floors, but I think I will need to do some combat training. My melee stats just don't cut it; I'm almost always the lowest level in the party by ~20 levels.

I did train some Summoning, just enough to get me 81: I now have access to Gorgonite Ragers, which will be more useful for bosses.

120325183542.png

120326203356.png

Got 88 DG! As you can see I did buy it with a few tokens, but I was close to a level and it didn't seem like any more floors were going to start that evening.

I had a good attempt at the new Tasks; managed to complete the Easy, Medium and Hard sets (and got the early bird bonus too - all went to RC!) and did a few of the Elite tasks. The only thing I can't boost for is the barehanded shark I think, but I don't mind; chances are I wouldn't be able to use the reward on RC anyway.

I spend a few hours in the Jadinko Lair, finally getting myself 92 FM:

120328002041.png

I then completed the Beacon Network and earned myself an Inferno Adze:

120328014703.png

This should increase my exp when getting my weekly rocks. Speaking of which, I completed week 18: just 3 months left. I also sold my Dragon Hatchet, managing to recoup all the money I spent on magic logs (plus a bit more!)

I also broke a personal milestone: 15M Farming exp.

120328094109.png

My next personal milestone will be 100M total (should only be a few days). I'm currently working on using up my clan ring bonus on Woodcutting, then probably getting some more strange rocks or Herbitat. Nothing changes...

Another day, another few levels... namely 92 cooking (getting closer to rocktails!) and 81 RC.

120329200757.png

120329182254.png

I've also done some more vine herb farming and a couple of floors. Will definitely have to reset before getting 89, but oh well! I'll have another prestige level, meaning it'll be even better exp! :) I'm looking forward to warps, but they will be a long time away.

I'm currently just touching up my front page a bit, while fletching. Getting close to 88...which is nothing special, but still, it's a level!

I said yesterday I would be getting 88 Fletching this morning - here it is...

120330112843.png

In a sense I understand why people say Fletching and Cooking are easy skills; they can be levelled quickly and inexpensively, without a lot of attention or effort. However, they are so dull. I can see it taking me quite a while to max out these skills!

Speaking of which, I did grind to 93 Cooking:

120330230953.png

This allowed me to cross off a Falador task (2 left) and boost to finish a Varrock task (1 left), getting me closer to Taskmaster. I'm considering offering assists again in Cooking/Herblore, but they are both common and competitive skills and since the effigy nerf, it seems assists are rather thin on the ground!

I also did a few 5:5 floors and finished off C1/2ing my lower floors, leaving me 185k from 89 DG with a fresh reset - I haven't managed to get it this week like planned (and I am busy all weekend) but I will next week. Then it will be a short push to 90 - I should have quite a few tokens by then too, meaning I might get another DG reward. I'm unsure as to what would be useful though; I've heard the Chaotic Maul and Crossbows are useful, but I have never bossed. I will decide when it comes to it, I guess!

The other thing I did today was buy urns for Cooking/Fishing; enough to last me to 99 in both skills. It's a long way in the future, but it's a useful way of tracking my progress.

New post! Like I said previously, I was busy all this week, and could only fit a bit of 'Scaping time in.

I missed the SoF update by a few days; my thoughts on this are mixed. On one hand, increased revenue for Jagex from those who buy spins should lead to increased (quality of) content; however, microtransactions don't seem very fair and it almost amounts to RWT. I don't know whether the exp is good enough for it to be 'game-breaking'; all I'm sure of is that I won't be buying any (poor student!).

I do like the sound of this month's BTS though. I try to always partake in the Holiday Events; I tried it quickly this evening but the Chocatrice only gave one hint (which I worked out quickly) and the friend chats suggested on RSOF were pretty useless. I found 3 eggs and claimed my mask, but I do want to have another stab at it and do the whole thing (15 eggs from 3 waves). Hopefully, I will find a better chat or just a better time to play.

I like the sound of the DG rework and improvements; key-sharing should hopefully speed things up a bit more. I wasn't sure how this would 'realistically' be implemented, then I realised it's a game and I can carry some 1300kg on my back and eat whole sharks and cook chicken in 1.2 seconds (without getting food poisoning)...

The RC changes sound interesting; I'm not sure if this is the new method alluded to at RuneFest, but I shall certainly give it a go. I can't see it being much easier than using JoT/Penguin Points/Troll Invasion etcetera for exp, but if it's fun then it could prove to be popular!

As for what I have been up to so far this week: I broke 100m total exp (a huge milestone for me!) and realised I will soon be reaching 100 in-game days. I can't decide if this a reason to celebrate or be embarrassed...but I have enjoyed this game for many years. When I do hit 100 days I will work out my exp/hour, and set a personal goal of improving it. :) I skilled at the EoE citadel to reach my resource cap and claim a clan ring; this was quickly used up at the Jadinko Lair and the ivy spots north of Falador. I know an extra 16k exp isn't much, especially in a fast skill like WC, but seeing ivy chops giving me 500exp is very satisfying. :D I am definitely enjoying my shiny Adze; it is great chopping curly vines only for all 4 to be burned at once! It's faster FM experience for sure, but my only complaint is it decreases my favour output (as only vines burnt on the pit contribute to your total). Ah well, I think I have enough seeds through weekly rocks and Herbitat to last me a long time...while at Herbitat, I got 85 Hunter:

120331095829.png

Speaking of strange rocks, I completed my 19th statue; I immediately set out to collect more rocks. I'm currently sitting on 8 pairs of rocks collected, leaving mostly the more click-intensive skills which I will do before next Tuesday.

I decided to spend some money from herb runs and MTK on Crafting; I made some 1.5k green d'hide bodies to get 86 Crafting:

120405120324.png

I put this to good use with some Crafting potions and made my 1050 Robust glass into flasks, which I then sold for 4.5m. This made back my Crafting costs (and more!); I will aim to do a bit of Crafting each week, aiming to get 90 in several weeks.

I used most of the profits to start preparing for making Overloads. I have decided that as my stats are too low for any decent bossing, I will make Overloads just for DG (to help offset my relatively weak melee skills). With the help of my clan, I decided that I could value each dose of Ovl at ~80k exp over the long-run to 99, meaning each potion is 240k exp. With this in mind, I bought the supplies for 400 each of Extreme Attack, Strength and Defence, which got me 91 Herblore:

120405210921.png

I then made 400 Extreme Magic potions, leaving me around 350k from 92 Herblore and Extreme Ranging potions (and a chance to stew for Ovls). I know 400 is overkill, but I doubt I will make all 400 at level 92; it's too much effort involved with stewing, etc. I just want to have the supplies ready, and as I already should have enough potions to last me for normal combat (i.e. Slayer), any extras might as well be used for Overloads. I expect to be making my first batch in a couple of weeks, dependant on how much herb farming I can do (Extreme Ranging potions are expensive - 12k each!).

I realised I have about 21% left on my Skoll boots, meaning they will run out of charge in a few weeks at the current rate I'm using them at, part of the way through 84 Agility. Doing laps without double exp will be very slow, but my T2 Surefooted aura and weekly strange rocks are good motivation!

I realise this is a post and a half; I will soon be updating the front page with detailed plans on my goals in the short and medium term (the next few months) :)

Congratulations on 100M total experience! It's just a number like any other, but it feels great to hit those types of numbers. I'm low enough total exp that I still feel a small sense of accomplishment in reaching each million.

Getting 2135 total levels in 100 days of game time is actually pretty quick, I think. Nice job.

Congratulations on 100M total experience! It's just a number like any other, but it feels great to hit those types of numbers. I'm low enough total exp that I still feel a small sense of accomplishment in reaching each million.

Getting 2135 total levels in 100 days of game time is actually pretty quick, I think. Nice job.

Thank you! I've been following your blog, looks like you're blasting through the levels at a pretty decent pace! :)

Update will follow in a few hours.

Again, haven't had much time on RS. It seems strange that when I return to uni, amidst lectures and revision, that I will be able to play more..

I've collected all my rocks for this week, leaving me to complete my 20th statue tomorrow. I feel like I'm finally coming close to finishing this! I decided to do some 'easy' skills, so I got 89 Fletching:

120409165130.png

I know it's hardly exciting, but it's one step closer to another 90+ skill. I guess I will hit 90 in a few weeks, inbetween strange rocks and watching TV/films...

Later on, I decided to time myself at LRC. I've wanted to get a decent inventory setup for a while, and I realised that the best way to find out was to experiment. I went with EEE (for healing - turns out I didn't need it), 12 doses of Juju mining potion, 10 urns and 1 Obsidian golem pouch.

I filled the 10 urns in just under 11 doses of potion, or 1 Obsidian pouch (52 minutes to be exact). This means my experience is around 43k/hour; not fast, but not slow (I actually found LRC to be really relaxing; I don't know whether it is because I've had a chilled out evening though). I decided to do another trip, but with T1 Quarrymaster; this definitely improved my exp, but not by a massive margin. I will probably calculate it tomorrow with a few more trips; at the moment I won't change my setup.

(By the way I am banking gold (and sometimes coal, when the two gold deposits are both out), instead of superheating/alching/dropping).

In the process, I got 82 Mining:

120409224328.png

This is definitely a skill I will be returning to; I still aim for the once-coveted 85 for Runite ores. I know it's a shadow of its former profit-turning ability, but it still remains one of those milestones, like 85 Slayer or 91 RC, that demarcate the 'noobs' from the 'elite'. This doesn't hold true any more, but still, it's a goal!

I said I would update the front page with more detail on my goals. I have yet to do so; I want to get them straight in my head before I put them to paper (or blog!). I definitely know that I will be skilling for a long while, until most skills are 85+ (with some being 90+, or even more!) before I start combat again.

I am excited to see what this week's update will be; I hope it's the DG reworks and sagas!

As I expected: I had little time to play, in between seeing friends/family, packing and coming back to uni. However, now I am back, I feel much more motivated to achieve my goals here.

A few levels since my last entry:

While using up the last bits of charge on my clan ring, I got 88 WC:

120410150034.png

It seems I will be returning weekly to ivy, after I have got my rocks from curly vines.

I also managed to get 83 Mining:

120415154455.png

I'm getting closer to 85 Mining, and I am still really enjoying the skill. :thumbsup:

As I was close to a level, I used my Surefooted aura to get ~65k Agility exp, and level 84:

120415180146.png

This leaves the charge on my Skoll boots at just 10%, which I think will only last me until the end of this week. After that, bye bye 2x exp!

Finally, as I have been so close to 81 Prayer for so long, I bought 50 Dragon bones and altared them for another level:

120415195135.png

All in all, not too bad a week. I am going to start tracking my weekly exp gains using RuneTracker, for an idea of how I'm doing and where I have been focussing.

Plans for this week: complete Statue #21, do the Sagas (if released) and mainly aim on levelling Mining (to 85).

I am excited to see what this week's update will be; I hope it's the DG reworks and sagas!

I really enjoyed the update this week! Although the changes weren't massive, I can see them being helpful in pathing and in C2 fishing.

I will play a bit more tonight, though I desperately need a way of making money. I'm now farming torstol instead of snapdragon for quicker profit, but I'm unsure if it is working :S

So much progress in such a short time...Keep it up!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Due to meeting up with friends, birthdays and going out, I haven't played much. I completed Statue #21, it really feels like I'm on the home stretch!

I also did a few floors - I got 89 DG (only a few weeks late, right?):

120417163955.png

I then tried a TF floor for the first time; I didn't fight him though, I just watched so I knew what to do. I'm now just under 400K from 90 DG; I can't say when I will be getting it :P

During a floor, I got 82 Strength and 115 Combat:

120417174130.png

I also got 93 FM while collecting rocks at the Jadinko Lair:

120418182545.png

I found that getting strange rocks seems slower now I'm using my Adze; I suspect roots incinerated as I chop them don't offer the chance to get a rock. Oh well, I guess it's just more exp! :)

I'm currently working on getting my Fletching rocks, then I might do some mining (74K to 84) :)

A few levels since I last posted!

I said I was close to 84 Mining, so I got it:

120419181607.png

I'm now about 2 hours from 85, so I will be getting that soon! :)

I also got 84 Construction:

120421010242.png

Also 87 Crafting:

120421120421.png

After a load of C2 Fishing (and finishing it off in Piscatoris), 86 Fishing:

120421212438.png

I just need Hunter rocks to complete the statue tomorrow (won't happen). Hopefully it will be done by Wednesday though :thumbsup:

No other news really.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a whole lot of nice new levels :D Nice dungeoneering especially ;)

Thanks! :)

Very long time, no update! I've been very busy, and I'm not sure if this will change until the summer (where I might be even busier!)

I am very pleased with the recent updates (Runespan, improvements to FPS issues) and this month's BTS - not totally sure what 'Mad May' will involve however.

A few levels:

86 Hunter, 85 Mining, 82-84 RC.

[spoiler=Loads of images...open at your own risk!]SMxh6.png

xn2LM.png

NgYir.png

jPFwt.png

ZSiDb.jpg

ArfTN.jpg

I will post my goals tomorrow morning! :)

As I said yesterday, here are my goals:

Basically I want to get all my non-combat skills to 85+. This means RC, Construction, Agility, Thieving. I also want to hit 90+ in a few other skills, namely DG, Smithing, Crafting, Woodcutting. This will keep me occupied for a few weeks; I will post details on how I will do this after the weekend. For now, it's a friend's birthday so I'm off to visit him :thumbsup:

Spanprod.

RSprod.

In other news...85 RC! One more off the list.

uIMQV.png

Still at the 'span for now, it's easy enough exp and I am worried they will nerf it soon :S Completed statue #23 yesterday (my new complete day will be Sunday now) and I will slowly get my rocks this week (slowly due to gf staying over for most of the week). I might go get 85 Construction this week, as I have already bought the materials. But 4.5k oak planks make me shiver slightly... we will see!

My new, long-term plan is to only skill until I have collected all 30 statue pieces. Then I will slay (while skilling intermittently). That will also help me get the levels for some of the lower effigies (not that they even exist any more!)

Skilling itself is fine, but sometimes skilling for statue pieces can be infuriating.

Eg. Week that took nearly 500k hunt xp to get 2 rocks.

:|

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Skilling itself is fine, but sometimes skilling for statue pieces can be infuriating.

Eg. Week that took nearly 500k hunt xp to get 2 rocks.

:|

Tell me about it. About 180k Hunter exp for this week's rocks... did get me 87 though:

ZyQTj.png

Also 94 FM:

Zx9iZ.png

Close to levels in a few other skills, like 85 RC and Agility, 94 Cooking, 81 Thieving (won't happen for a while...) A few more sets of rocks to collect, they'll be done over the weekend in time for Sunday. Now exams are looming I think I will probably be revisionscaping, i.e. Runespan :D