Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

worst scam attempt

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

Blakey89
[ Display Name History ]

Blakey89

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 263 posts
that scammer story on that site was funny. anyone else have funny times when someone tried to scam them? i love to laugh. :lol:

Lord_Gromit
[ Display Name History ]

Lord_Gromit

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 596 posts
I had someone come up to me, and offer to give me a full free year of membership if I gave them my password. I reported them instantly.
Posted Image

hazardmaster
[ Display Name History ]

hazardmaster

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,395 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Hazardmaster
  • Clan:RIP Divine Kings&Adrenaline
This is one of the ost funna ones. I was selling my full zammy to this guy for 2.9m. I click accept when it is 2.9m. Then he changes it to 29k and then HE accepts. When he changed it my accept was cancelled. SO basically it was him offering me 29k for full zammy and I hadn't even accepted :lol:
Posted Image

Dilts36
[ Display Name History ]

Dilts36

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
lol. its even better when people are like... can you trim my arrmor... Bwhaha, ive never scammed anyone but still thats so funny when people say that. people even say that on P2P.. lol
Posted Image

Daruina
[ Display Name History ]

Daruina

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 354 posts
I just remembered another time.

I was mining in the mining guild and I recieved a PM from this guy with a name like E0n(lots of numbers). It read "Hello sir, I am a player moderator. Jagex has assigned me to ask you if you would like to become one too." I replied telling him no thanks, obviously knowing he was a scammer. He was probably one of those noobs that saw my red h'ween mask and wanted it. Then he begged me in PM's for ages pleading me to become a player mod which annoyed the hell out of me so I said "Ok where are you?"

He told me that he was invisible because he was a player mod, but I found him hiding around those trees east of the mining guild. He tried to run away too it was so funny. When I caught up he pretended that he became visible so we could talk. So we did and he went through all the free stuff, free membership and all the 'special powers' that you get for being a player mod, such as free phats and armour delivered to your bank every month. He just needed my pass so he could register me. I told him a fake one and he logged just about as soon as I said it.

When he came back he was like, tell me the real pass or i'll ban you. I noticed that he was wearing a set of rune. "Give me that rune and i'll tell you my pass for sure!" I said, he replied "Wow ok." Stupidly, he thought he wouldn't lose a thing because he was getting my pass. Wrong.

After he found out that it was the wrong pass he begged and begged for my pass. He ended up giving me even more rune stuff, totaling about 400k worth altogether. This guy was so thick I felt sorry for him, but kept his stuff because he was a scamming noob. This isn't a made up story either, it's all true and very funny.

Ocelotbren
[ Display Name History ]

Ocelotbren

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

This is one of the ost funna ones. I was selling my full zammy to this guy for 2.9m. I click accept when it is 2.9m. Then he changes it to 29k and then HE accepts. When he changed it my accept was cancelled. SO basically it was him offering me 29k for full zammy and I hadn't even accepted :lol:

:lol: Wow, you know you scam too much when...

I just remembered another time.

I was mining in the mining guild and I recieved a PM from this guy with a name like E0n(lots of numbers). It read "Hello sir, I am a player moderator. Jagex has assigned me to ask you if you would like to become one too." I replied telling him no thanks, obviously knowing he was a scammer. He was probably one of those noobs that saw my red h'ween mask and wanted it. Then he begged me in PM's for ages pleading me to become a player mod which annoyed the hell out of me so I said "Ok where are you?"

He told me that he was invisible because he was a player mod, but I found him hiding around those trees east of the mining guild. He tried to run away too it was so funny. When I caught up he pretended that he became visible so we could talk. So we did and he went through all the free stuff, free membership and all the 'special powers' that you get for being a player mod, such as free phats and armour delivered to your bank every month. He just needed my pass so he could register me. I told him a fake one and he logged just about as soon as I said it.

When he came back he was like, tell me the real pass or i'll ban you. I noticed that he was wearing a set of rune. "Give me that rune and i'll tell you my pass for sure!" I said, he replied "Wow ok." Stupidly, he thought he wouldn't lose a thing because he was getting my pass. Wrong.

After he found out that it was the wrong pass he begged and begged for my pass. He ended up giving me even more rune stuff, totaling about 400k worth altogether. This guy was so thick I felt sorry for him, but kept his stuff because he was a scamming noob. This isn't a made up story either, it's all true and very funny.

I can't believe he actually did that...

As far as scams I've seen, they've just been the usual password/armor trimming/staff impersonation ones. :roll: I've tried to intervene when someone's actually getting scammed though. Seems to me they usually believe the scammer and not me however..
Bren

Blakey89
[ Display Name History ]

Blakey89

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 263 posts
had this a few hours ago

him: jagex blocks ur pw, see *********

me: really? cool, ******* (did that on purpose)

him: fauck u

me: *ignores*

this just a minute ago

*at otherowordly beings in zanaris*

him: are these guys easy?

me: yes

him: what is there max hit?

me: 8

him: fight one please

*i fight one, owning it :P*

him: cool, can i borrow your batte axe and see how good i do?

me: no

him: plz

me: no

him: noob

me: *ignores*

not a scam but noobiness.

aznmidget448
[ Display Name History ]

aznmidget448

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,743 posts
  • RSN:GamingGodPro
Noob (yet higher level than me at the time): I know how to duplicate items!!!!!

Me:How?!?!?! (i was a noob... sue me!)

Noob: Drop your items here. Then hold down Alt and then hit F4. =) look at all this essense i duplicated!

Me: Okay, so here?

Noob: Yup

Me: Okay dropped. Now for the keys (of course i knew alt f4... closes window, duh... I don't drop items... report the noob... i wait for the computer to autolog me off... Then I wait like a couple seconds and log back on... He's still there...)

Me: Are my items duplicated yet?

Noob: Hang on, don't pick them up yet. You need to wait a couple seconds after you log in

Me to myself: -.- noob....

WHY WAS HE STILL WAITING THERE?! WAT AN *&*&*!!!

panthers4091
[ Display Name History ]

panthers4091

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 367 posts
Once some guy PMed me and said he was a player mod.he said he received a report about me and wanted to check it out.the guy didn't have a crown next to his name.so I told him about it.he said they only appear in public chat.I played along and said OK.I told him to meet me so we could talk easier.He said he wasn't really a player and that he was just there,he could press the arrow keys and it would move around the map.I asked him what I was doing.he said the players don't show up.then he asked me for my pass.I told him player mods don't ask for passwords.then he said he wasn't a player mod,he was an admin.then I reported him and played along for a while,until finally he cursed me out.an even funnier thing...his name was runscap baner.

that noob.

another time some lvl 70(I was around 40 or 50 at the time) told me when you get members you can make someone else members.I told him to do it.he said he wanted my pass,then I reported him.

and yet another time...me and my friend were fooling around,actling liked we lived in some houses in varrock(not owned,thats not allowed :P )

I saw some guy standing ina house.he told me to get out because it was his.he told me he payed jagex 100 million to own it.I told him why would jagex want runescape money when they made the game?instant report.

I guess people think I look stupid...

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

noob: jagex blocks your password, here look *******

me: really? ok, *************

noob: f u

noob logs out

There are also these armor trimming scams, false dying/hacking dramas (for example: "plz i died in wild. big red demon killd me. can i hav free stuff plz plz"). And these all make up the...

...fun moments in busy Varrock streets :twisted:

What would be funnier is...

Noob: Jagex blocks your password, here look **********

Me: Really? Ok, **********

Noob: OMG, they really have one of those now?

Noob:*enters password*

Me:*Hacks noob and steals his precious bronze med :twisted: *

dempeople15
[ Display Name History ]

dempeople15

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 30 posts
scammer: Jagex blocks out your pass!! look! *********

me: Really? cool!!

scammer: yea man it's awesome try it

me:allscammersburninhell

me:nah sry man it didn't block it out, guess it only works sometimes.

kamikaze914
[ Display Name History ]

kamikaze914

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 464 posts
scammer: free armour trimming!!!!

me: cool!!! can you trim my wooden sheild?

scammer: sure!!! *i trade with him and give him sheild* here we go...*logs out*
Posted Image

scuza2100
[ Display Name History ]

scuza2100

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
the funniest one ive ever had is a lvl 3-5 noob (i can't remember) walks up while im wearing my full rune and the following scene happens:

noob: drop all ur stuff and press Alt f5. it will duplicate ur stuff.

me: lol don't u mean alt f4?

noob: drop ur stuff and press alt f5 or ill ban u.

me: ok.

*i drop my bronze med*

i log out

come back in and pick it up again

noob: drop ur rune and press alt f5

me: u must mean alt f4

noob: alt f5

me: lol

i call my friend over and i tell him what just happened.

we both start laughing at him.

i tottaly agree with Ocelotbren on the noobs trusting the scammers thing

and i tottaly agree with Ocelotbren on the noobs trusting the scammers thing

he logs out.

a guy comes over in full black (g) and says: hey u noobs laughing at me?

me: no at some noob

he gets mad and stars swearing

we ignore him and the noob comes back

my friend: hey the noob's back

noob: all of u drop ur armor and press alt f4.

me: he finnaly got the scam right. hooray

we all start laughing at him

last we ever saw of him

the message of the stroy is: its funny when a scammer gets the scam wrong. even more if he gets reported 6 times in the process

sorry if this one's a little long

and Ocelotbren is right about the noobs trusting scammers

Purefighta23
[ Display Name History ]

Purefighta23

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 372 posts
i once told a lvl 118 in rsc that i was jagex staff, and i knew his password. ill scam u all :roll:

Hitchy
[ Display Name History ]

Hitchy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 193 posts
ok i posted on rs forums selling mask set 18.5m.... some guy adds me says he'll buy.. meet him edge bank. I go edge bank he's not there so i ask him where he is. He replies : " omg i g2g soon mom's kicking off, come 2 monks quick plz "

I'm thinking hmmm monks.. i'm gonna have 2 walk through wildy BINGO!

I start accusing him of being an amateur scammer then all of a sudden he logs.
Posted Image
a proud member of the pure clan - TLP

hellbellz
[ Display Name History ]

hellbellz

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,631 posts
  • RSN '07:PC Princpal
Two times, people tried to tell me they were Jagax Staff, then I said "noob", then they said "lol, jking" I reported, then gave them a free trip to my ignore list =)

Babyshambles
[ Display Name History ]

Babyshambles

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • RSN:Babyshambles
someone said too me youve got dirt on youre dragon skirt, give it too me so i can clean it

i know its pathetic!

Sir_Jpbuckers
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Jpbuckers

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts

someone said too me youve got dirt on youre dragon skirt, give it too me so i can clean it

i know its pathetic!

Haha i literally rolled over floor laughing irl :)

At Varrock east the capital of scamming

Scammer: Look Jagex Made it so your pass is blocked look! : *********

Me: oh rly? Lets see: thisscamissoold

Scammer: This scam isn't old!

Me: Ahaha you just admitted that its a scam!

Scammer: **** (Logs out)

alord
[ Display Name History ]

alord

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts
wearing a blue phat isn't an easy job...

at least every 2 hours i get some players asking me if they could wear my blue phat only for a moment

or offering me mithril stuff and a few thousands of coins for my blue phat

or people saying they would report me cause they think i've scammed to get this phat

or following me to beg for cash sometimes for days (ya i don't even waste my time putting their names on ignore list)

Oy_the_Great
[ Display Name History ]

Oy_the_Great

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,412 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

wearing a blue phat isn't an easy job...

at least every 2 hours i get some players asking me if they could wear my blue phat only for a moment

or offering me mithril stuff and a few thousands of coins for my blue phat

or people saying they would report me cause they think i've scammed to get this phat

or following me to beg for cash sometimes for days (ya i don't even waste my time putting their names on ignore list)

just put chat block on.

Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users