I'm sick of randoms

Amonitas

The only ones I don't like is where you need to drop an item if you have a full inventory, and there is no bank deposit box.

I also don't like the sandwich lady because I am not very familiar with the various English words for bread variations.

I like doing the others tho

"The more persistence a game tries to have; the longer it is set up to last; the greater number (and broader variety) of people it tries to attract; and in general the more immersive a game/world it set out to be--then the more breadth and depth of human experience it needs to support to be successful for more than say, 12-24 months. If you try to create a deeply immersive, broadly appealing, long-lasting world that does not adequately provide for human tendencies such as violence, acquisition, justice, family, community, exploration, etc (and I would contend we are nowhere close to doing this), you will see two results: first, individuals in the population will begin to display a wide range of fairly predictable socially pathological behaviors (including general malaise, complaining, excessive bullying and/or PKing, harassment, territoriality, inappropriate aggression, and open rebellion against those who run the game); and second, people will eventually vote with their feet--but only after having passionately cast 'a pox on both your houses.' In essence, if you set people up for an experience they deeply crave (and mostly cannot find in real life) and then don't deliver, they will become like spurned lovers--somebecome sullen and aggressive or neurotic, and eventually almost all leave."

Mike Sellers' Hypothesis

The only ones I don't like is where you need to drop an item if you have a full inventory, and there is no bank deposit box.

I also don't like the sandwich lady because I am not very familiar with the various English words for bread variations.

I like doing the others tho

Well there's a guide to figure it out now. I remember my first Sammich Lady random tho. It was before the guide. I was asked.. idk what I was asked, but I looked at the stuff she offered, and guessed which one it was. I got it wrong. I was soooo pissed. No MY fault I'm not an English baker!

That sounds kinda funny in hindsight.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Okay, move this one's marker into the "flat ticked off" bin... Got an "Odd One Out" random just a short time back, but only to NOT have the customary Exp. Lamp as an option. Someone at Jagex has screwed up, badly, and they had better put Exp. Lamps back in before there's an uproar. Seriously, this one's time was totally wasted by the lack of an Exp. Lamp option! <_<

~D. V. "Hate the lack of Exp. Lamps a lot..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Okay, move this one's marker into the "flat ticked off" bin... Got an "Odd One Out" random just a short time back, but only to NOT have the customary Exp. Lamp as an option. Someone at Jagex has screwed up, badly, and they had better put Exp. Lamps back in before there's an uproar. Seriously, this one's time was totally wasted by the lack of an Exp. Lamp option! <_<

~D. V. "Hate the lack of Exp. Lamps a lot..." Devnull

Has there ever been an xp lamp for that one?

Randoms have always not given you xp lamps occasionally, presumably to screw with a bot that looks for the xp lamp reward and can't continue till it can find it. (Same applies to the other common rewards, like ore)

Ya, that's it. I do randoms so mindlessly now that I just figured there were a few that didn't give lamps :P

Well for me, a random event is a nice chunk of runecrafting xp, and at least from purely an efficiency perspective, it's a faster xp rate than doing some runecrafting would be, so I won't complain.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I just wish randoms were actually random. Mime random is the one I absolutely hate though, its as if they designed it just to waste your time... I do miss the old combat randoms too, with the way death works nowadays I think it'd be great to have them back actually.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I enjoy the Mime. :unsure:

You're insane.

Actually, I wouldn't mind the Mime as much if they updated so you could still chat while in there.

Also, bringing back the combat randoms would be cool. Worse case scenario they could just be made non-aggressive or something.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• 2 weeks later...

The only random I don't like is The Maze. It is impossible to reach the center with 100% rewards, it is too easy to get lost and turned around in the maze since the entire thing is gray in color. It is the most annoying random there is. Other than that I don't mind the other randoms because of the rewards I get, most of them are good.

"Oh I love God, he's so deliciously evil!" ~Stewie, Family Guy

"If I don't kill a man every now and then, they forget who I am" ~Captain Blackbeard

"If it ain't fun, yer doin' it wrong" ~Pirates vs Ninjas Clan Motto

They should give players a alternative to randoms.

Example you can :

1) Do random

2) Fight the npc random

I don't care if Gravedigger Leo hits 200+ (with new system) damage, ima kill his ass.

• 1 month later...

Randoms have their purpose but in my opinion they need to be retired for new ones. With the same randoms for this duration of time bots can simply be programed to complete them and continue what they were doing. Also I hate the maze random and the grave digger random and any excuse to remove them is a good one for me lol

Necromechxl.png

Mime is the worst random in my opinion. It takes like 10 seconds between emotes to switch the spotlight and have the mime start doing another emote. It really could be done a lot faster. I was reading on the first page that a lot of people hate the maze, but that's not too bad for me. I can usually get around 73% and that translates to 70k-100k worth of "crap". (Yes, the items are crap, but they're worth something.) Who doesn't like 70k for 2 minutes' work? I only hate the randoms that take as long as the maze (like mime) and only give an xp lamp as the best reward.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Mime is the worst random in my opinion. It takes like 10 seconds between emotes to switch the spotlight and have the mime start doing another emote. It really could be done a lot faster.

EOAy1.png

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

Worst thing about mime isn't the 10 second long wait between emotes (although that does wind me up too), but the endless wait between being teleported there and actually walking the whole two squares forward into the spotlight.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Bring back the evil chicken!! :rolleyes:

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Worst thing about mime isn't the 10 second long wait between emotes (although that does wind me up too), but the endless wait between being teleported there and actually walking the whole two squares forward into the spotlight.

Yes, this too. When I said 10 seconds between emotes, I actually meant 10 seconds between any action, which would include that. It's also annoying to have to cheer after every correct emote. Mime just makes me :wall:

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.