1/22/2012 New Members' Pricing

Themooingcow666

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if we'll see a bump in subscribers.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'd like to see how this compares with inflation, because it has been high recently. I'm not fussed about the prices in the slightest, this game is still very cheap for a subscription MMO.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Whatever. Still dirt cheap.

Not to mention, I still pay 5$ a month!! Hueheuhahuehea!!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The jump in price is rather noticeable, but I have no complaints. I am curious if that means the membership card prices will go up to reflect their adjustment since it is my main method of subscribing.

Highly doubt, they said it will be for new credit card 1 month memberships. I can tell you prices on other methods haven't changed at all, even from before last update on prices. I've been paying the exact same through paybycash for more than 5 years now, don't see why it should be different for membership cards.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

I still pay the £3.20 from about 5 years ago so it doesn't bother me too much, I can see it putting off younger players and their parents though, especially with the times we're in at the moment. Still a reasonable price though.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

From the FAQ:

Why do credit cards only have a 1 month subscription? I'd be interested in 3 or 6 months at a time if there were savings to be had.

Good news! We'll be adding 3 and 6 month credit card subscriptions with discounts compared to the new 1 month price which may work out to be better value than your current price. These discounts will also apply across other payment methods as well.

This part is good, although it likely will save just a few dollars every six months over current prices.

Looks like the 6 months for the price of 4 offers they are starting to implement will be the new source of my membership in the future. 7/month is too much for me.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

It's not even hitting me as a 'drastic' change. The difference in price here is a big bag of chips at a convenience store, (2 if your in a grocery store). Not that this affects me, since I am still on the original price from before the last price hike, with no plans on changing that. I play on and off year round, so its easier to just let it keep going so I have membership when I need it.

I'm also predicting that these 3 and 6 month cc deals aren't going to beat my current monthly price. Not that I really care. I'm getting an awesome deal and I'm happy to have it.

Well there goes the chance I'll ever subscribe again.

I don't think it'd *stop* me re-subscribing if I ever wanted to, but I'd certainly not be willing to fork out nearly £5 a month if I weren't going to really use it. And the chance of me being able to dedicate a lot of time to RS again is pretty slim.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Jagex's financial report 2010-2011:

http://www.stellardawncentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18950

Interesting things to note:

-Turnover from subscriptions seems to be slowing down compared to other years, but still increased by ~900,000 euros

-Operating profit fell by ALMOST 50% (~18mil to ~10mil). Legal prices might've made up a large chunk of it (jagex v. botters)

-Gross profit fell by ~2mil (24mil to 22mil)

-Turnover from advertising continues to decrease (I think this is mainly what people refer to when they say Runescape is dying- it does a good job at keeping old players, but it's getting less and less new players). It's been decreasing since 2007.

-Despite working in at least 4 different games (stellar dawn, Runescape, 8realms, transformers) & maintaining a few others (herotopia, funorb, war of legends, planetarion), development increased from 166 to 181. Although there was a massive increase in technical (36 to 66)

-Customer relations fell by 13 (lol)

And then there's a few stuff I could mention about how a bunch of investors own jagex now but I feel that point's been overdone to death.

I'm not that fussed about the pay rise, what does bother me is that they claim that 2011 had great updates and are always dragging Clan Citadels into it. Who the hell uses his citadel, like seriously? Overall, the quality of the updates was subpar and don't get me started on the loyalty stuff...

I'm not that fussed about the pay rise, what does bother me is that they claim that 2011 had great updates and are always dragging Clan Citadels into it. Who the hell uses his citadel, like seriously? Overall, the quality of the updates was subpar and don't get me started on the loyalty stuff...

Several of the top clans want tier7 citadels... But you are right, they need more actual content...

I myself enjoy the loyalty stuff. Lots of little minor awesome customizations. I like how you can't have everything (yet) so its nice to have long term goals for points and more self-customization.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I thought for a single month it was £5 anyway. Also it doesn't say it's £4.95 a month recurring, probably is. Jagex like to big ambiguous when they speak.

TwoDimension.png

380th to 200,000,000 Cook.

I'm normally not cynical about stuff like this, but it's kinda bull. Now whenever i want to work on a new pure to try to find a new interest in the game, i have to pay an extra 2 bucks to do so :roll:

I guess this kind of price raise is targeted at my kind of play style.

Ultimately the game and it's interest factor is dying for me. So this very well could not matter in a few months.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.