7-Feb-2012 - Potion Flasks

Saradomin_Mage

My FPS has increased. Yay. It's still not what it used to be, but it's more playable now.

Didn't think to check that. My FPS is up from 6-8 to 11-14. Sometimes even went 18-24 :shock: . I hope it stays like tihis.

Agreed as well, mine is up from Stable 7 to 13-15 now. I know im posting more than usual but this update has really surprised me in quite a few ways.

Now lets not get a System update that when i log back in fps is back to -10...

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All untradable potions, such as overloads and extreme potions, can now be stored with a beast of burden.

All untradable potions, such as overloads and extreme potions, can now be stored with a beast of burden.

ALL UNTRADEABLE POTIONS, SUCH AS OVERLOADS AND EXTREME POTIONS, CAN NOW BE STORED WITH A BEAST OF BURDEN.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

HI DKS HERE I COME SUPER SUPER PRAYERS@@@@@@@@@@

This = FTW.

Now do I sell a load of Wyvern bones for those who want the super prays?

the_lad_1.png

I believe the FPS issues were fixed with a hidden update yesterday but... they may have done some work today also. I don't know. It's good anyway.

Sadly not...

fpsq.png

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

"World 42 now has a disclaimer on login explaining that the world is a Roleplay world."

Warning: You are now entering the weird side of Runescape.

I didn't even know RuneScape had a roleplay world. Is it a 'I vivaciously rub oil on my body as I tie you up with my abyssal whip' type of roleplay or 'As a thousand virgins cry, I take my valiant abyssal whip and tear through the crowd of hobgoblins lusting for my blood'?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Some of the performance issues are being cleared up now. Resizeable has gotten a very tiny boost to the frame rate, but its a lot more resiliant to movement now (as in, moving isn't causing it to drop). Also, fullscreen is once again functioning. After the Burthrope tutorial, fullscreen would pause and then halve my fps when I tried to move, now its back to running a higher frame rate than resizeable (which makes sense because it actually shows a bit less of the world), and its not giving an inch when moving. All in all, the game feels much smoother now. Not sure about it being done yesterday, wasn't on.

"World 42 now has a disclaimer on login explaining that the world is a Roleplay world."

I didn't even know RuneScape had a roleplay world. Is it a 'I vivaciously rub oil on my body as I tie you up with my abyssal whip' type of roleplay or 'As a thousand virgins cry, I take my valiant abyssal whip and tear through the crowd of hobgoblins lusting for my blood'?

It's more a 'I'm a 40 yr old virgin pretending to be a damsel in distress by standing inside Varrock Castle and these young strapping teen boy knights must defeat many obstacles (kill 5 guards & pretend to sneak thru the castle picklocking doors) to rescue me so they can have my email address and cheeky pictures'

Or thats what I saw last time I ventured there by mistake.

Also full of a lot of angry people who scream bloody murder and report you if you do not roleplay.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I believe the FPS issues were fixed with a hidden update yesterday but... they may have done some work today also. I don't know. It's good anyway.

Sadly not...

fpsq.png

I believe the FPS issues were partially fixed with a hidden update yesterday but... they may have done some work today also. I don't know. It's good anyway.

:-P

Sadly not...

fpsq.png

I believe the FPS issues were partially fixed with a hidden update yesterday but... they may have done some work today also. I don't know. It's good anyway.

:-P

In fairness they have been partially fixing them (to varying degrees of success) every single game update since the nuke; just bad luck if you are in the remaining minority still affected. (eg in my clan of around 50 all of us been fine since like mid december cept 1 dude who is stuck at like 2 fps)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What's exactly the difference between those two examples? :)

[404] Signature not found.

Isn't 2 FPS very, very, very "laggy"?

Yeah its boderline unplayable unless your just doing something that doesn't require any intensive clicking or management, like wcing ivy is doable at 2 fps, maybe even mining or non-dangerous combat, but mostly everything is out of reach at 2 fps. I know from experience.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Granted the 2FPS is rare, but I don't seem to get above 15 at the moment and it averages around 7/8 even on minimum settings. It's almost unplayable. How they expect people to attempt the kiln with frame rates as low as this I'll never know.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I slay at 3 fps. :smile:

Realllly awesome that champion scroll drops finally get a message in chat. Means you don't have to check every single drop, or off-screen drops from cannoning jogres, lessers, imps, etc. :thumbsup:

Did anyone else login and have dervish robe set in their invetory? Lol.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I'm not sure where I stand on the recoloring the barrows. On the one hand, it looks nice and makes them more ominus, but on the other, they sort of had a colour all to their own that made them look a bit rotten and old. Now they look like their all fresh of the press from Bad Guy Armour Supply Inc. Also, since Jagex has to prove they are still entirely incapable of pallet matching (default clothes are all unique and don't match armor, at least one dragon weapon isn't the same colour as normal dragon, etc.), the black of the new barrows gloves isn't right. They are darker than the armor is, though it might only be noticeable from the equip screen. They could also fix the cuff, because beige on black looks really stupid, especially with anything that isn't barrows.

Overall though, they did an excellent job making the new barrows resemble the core of what they used to be. The interim sets were like someone looked at the old barrows, then burned all the pictures and made up their own.

Anyone else feel like the flasks should have been a side update for something else? Maybe I'm just getting spoiled, but I read that and then I'm like "okay, but wheres the update?". They could have at least tried to tweak the release schedule so they could package the rest of the new armors in with this, so we could have a small update package deal.

To be fair, Akrisae's gear, despite being pulled fresh off a corpse, looked as old as the rest of them, which made no sense.

Anyway, I feel that all of the other "minor" tweaks deserve to be acknowledged as AWESOME.

8f14270694.jpg

You have to wonder how they tweaked Baba Yaga to accommodate for that in the Blood Runs Deep quest.

I wish they had made it suqah hides instead, the teeth can be sold for a decent pile o cash at the tooth fairy.

8f14270694.jpg