7- Feb-2012 - Name Availability

Carl

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ew. Banned account names shouldn't be perm locked like this unless its obviously a dumb bot name, or a super high profile one... Why lock legit players out of a name on an account that was dumb enough to break the rules?

]Note how it lists 3 separate bullets? It appears like they aren't releasing banned account names at all. I have no intentions of changing my name, but I hope they release more really good old unused names...

Which means I'll never get Omali as a nickname. I'm pretty sure the guy who got the name is banned, he hasn't shown up on the high scores between '03 and when free to play was taken off.

Like Devnull said, Steve was referring to banned account names themselves, not the names of accounts that have been banned. When someone has their name changed by a moderator because the name is offensive, that name can no longer be used by anyone for obvious reasons. I remember that being confirmed somewhere. The text Steve used in that particular case was a little ambiguous.

alazsig.png

Maybe I will try to get a "rare" username on another account...but truthfully I have other things to do.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Platinum_Myr, they're only talking about truly offensive names that nobody is allowed to have. They're not talking about non-offensive names on accounts that got banned. You more than likely have a chance still to grab that name which you're looking for, but you'll have to try like crazy to get a hold of it. :geek:

~D. V. "I did a bit of reading to come to this conclusion..." Devnull

No seriously. My previous account's name wasn't offensive in the slightest. It's a banned account, and I can't get the name. You're speculating at best, guessing at worst, but whatever the case, you're totally wrong.

Trying to snipe a username I've wanted since I started playing RS. It's not on the highscores, so I assume there is some likelihood to it being freed up. We'll see.

Could be highlevel f2p? (They no longer show on highscores...)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I was hoping to use this as an excuse to finally change my RSN but none of the ones I want are available.. they're also fairly unique names that I usually am able to use everywhere else so that's strange.

icecube7.jpeg