The Back Room

stevepole

After browsing through some of the games of the Tavern, I noticed you folks get a bit off-topic at times and is why I would like to introduce to you The Back Room. A place for all discussion not relating to Tavern! Within forum rules of course.

So with that I would like to welcome you to..

THE BACK ROOM!

The place for all off-topic discussion

tFtfA.jpg

whoot, Finally xD. Goodbye clutter.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

... well, this is just a disaster waiting to happen. wats it going to take? 5 more mins, and then all hell breaks loose?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Well, I'm sure "most" of us CAN be mature. It's that funny little IF that lingers :P

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

so.. horribly wrong.. those two statements... mature and faly tavern? please. we are respectable RPers, and although we are very imatture, we will not be standing for crazy comments. (well, way crazy comments)

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Mature enough to...? You need to spend more time here, Steve (though I have noticed that you have ratcheted up your awareness, thanks!), and by making this a discussion thread you essentially made it a perfect place for all Hell to break loose. All Hell breaks loose every few hours here, but a "trench at the base of the volcano," so to speak, is much appreciated. And speaking of volcanos, I should probably get to work on my English essay. Or maybe start playing Dungeoneering. Either one is relevant for the purpose of this particular reference.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I vote dungeoneering (steve I invite you to join in) Though I really should be doing my latin roots right now :x (Well and studying for my French Grammar Final)

LNYvk.png

appreciation post

Archi for having ludicrous volumes of patience

Dusty for bringing the hate

Hex for deserving the hate

Paul

Nex for being one of the most epic members of the tavern

ross for being like the first brick in any wall

snubbe and pie for being the people who came into tavern after some time and contributing volumes to hegemony that i've recognised

Sere for making the sig which dusty parodied which became a tavern meme

everyone else smells :|

doodooodoooodooo

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Heh, the random silly world leader signatures is probably the best meme yet.

Definitely tops secretly revealing a quarter million troops inside someone's capital city.

DOODOODOODOODOODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oh and this

[hide]My goal for this letter is to create and nurture a true spirit of community. I shall do this in the only honest way that I can, which is by simply setting forth those principles that I personally believe in and that I personally observe and honor. For practical reasons, I have to confine my discussion to areas that have received insufficient public attention or in which I have something new to say. Many people aren't aware of how dodgy King Arch I Mage's inclinations are, so let's present a little breakdown. First off, Arch used to complain about being persecuted. Now he is our primary persecutor. This reversal of roles reminds me that to Arch's mind, the world can be happy only when his den of thieves is given full rein. So that means that he is always being misrepresented and/or persecuted, right? No, not right. The truth is that Arch does, occasionally, make a valid point. But when he says that he is a master of precognition, psychokinesis, remote viewing, and other undeveloped human capabilities, that's where the facts end and the ludicrousness begins.

Strange, isn't it, how censorious pedants are always the first to trick us into trading freedom for serfdom? I do not find comments that are treacherous, self-satisfied, and imprudent to be "funny". Maybe I lack a sense of humor but maybe most people want to be nice; they want to be polite; they don't want to give offense. And because of this inherent politeness, they step aside and let Arch throw us into a "heads I win, tails you lose" situation.

Do I want Arch to precipitate riots? No, thank you very much; I would much rather advocate concrete action and specific quantifiable goals. If you believe nothing else that I've written about Arch, you can believe this: I recently overheard a couple of disgraceful peddlers of snake-oil remedies say that this is the best of all possible worlds and that Arch is the best of all possible people. Here, again, we encounter the blurred thinking that is characteristic of this Arch-induced era of slogans and propaganda. If he is victorious in his quest to sacrifice our essential liberties on the altar of political horse-trading, then his crown will be the funeral wreath of humanity. In a broad-brush sense, at no time in the past did ultra-unmannerly windbags shamble through the streets of cities, demanding rights they imagine some supernatural power has bestowed upon them.

Arch will block streets and traffic to the extent that ambulances can't get through by next weekend. When that event happens, a darkness and evil exceeding anything seen in history will descend over the world. I can hope only that before it does, people will extend the compass of democracy to temperamental, demonic dips. Only then can we straighten out Arch's thinking. To paraphrase a line from Hamlet, "Isolationism, thy name is Arch I Mage". It is never easy to judge what the most appropriate or effective response to his sadistic, unctuous cajoleries is, but one unfortunate fact remains clear: He is the picture of the insane person on the street, babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and does not respond to his machinations. He wants us to believe that we can solve all of our problems by giving him lots of money. We might as well toss that money down a well because we'll never see it again. What we will see, however, is that Arch's long-term goals are destructive. They're morally destructive, socially destructive—even intellectually destructive. And, as if that weren't enough, the hour is late indeed. Fortunately, it's not yet too late to clarify and correct some of the inaccuracies present in Arch's conclusions.

As all of the cognoscenti already know, if Arch manages to write off whole sections of society, our nation will not endure as a civilization, as a geopolitical entity, or even as a society. Rather, it will exist only as a prison, a prison in which witless delinquents combine, in a rare mixture, bestial cruelty and an inconceivable gift for lying. He has a vested interest in maintaining the myths that keep his lynch mob loyal to him. Arch's principal myth is that he values our perspectives. The truth is that Arch's infernal attendants like to shout, "Let's send the wrong message to children. That'll be wonderful. Hooray, hooray!" But that won't be wonderful. Rather, it'll promote the total destruction of individuality in favor of an all-powerful group.

Even if I were, as Arch seems to think I am, a vile long-haired hippie, at least I know better than to make it virtually impossible to fire incompetent workers. In contrast, Arch repeats the term "epididymodeferentectomy" over and over again in everything he writes. Is this repetition part of some new drinking game, or is Arch merely trying to confuse us into believing that we can trust him not to mortgage away our future? The answer should be self-evident so let me just point out that Arch's protégés allege that it's inappropriate to teach children right from wrong. I say to them, "Prove it"—not that they'll be able to, of course, but because if Arch had two brain cells to rub together, he'd realize that he is not a responsible citizen. Responsible citizens speak out against behavior and speech that is intended to rip apart causes that others feel strongly about. Responsible citizens truly do not gum up what were once great ideas.

Every so often, Arch tries devaluing me as a person. Whenever he gets caught doing so he raises a terrific hullabaloo calculated to suppress all news that portrays him in a bad light. It may seem to many people, maybe even the majority, that we should put an end to his evildoing. (Goodness knows, our elected officials aren't going to.) If you will pardon me for mentioning it, my cause is to help people see Arch's disgusting effusions for what they are. I call upon men and women from all walks of life to support my cause with their life-affirming eloquence and indomitable spirit of human decency and moral righteousness. Only then will the whole world realize that when a friend wants to drive inebriated, you try to stop him. Well, Arch is drunk with power, which is why we must solve the problems that are important to most people.

For a variety of reasons, some strategic, some ideological, some attitudinal, and all of them wrong, paltry, batty yahoos make things worse. I must emphasize this because if I want to contract leprosy and be forced to live out my benighted days shunned by humanity, ringing a bell, and shying away from sharps and open flames, that should be my prerogative. I surely don't need Arch forcing me to. If he thinks that he can make me leave the country then he's barking up the wrong tree.

Even if Arch's facts were reliable, they were gathered selectively and then manipulated towards favored conclusions. Arch keeps saying that ethnocentrism forms the core of any utopian society. Isn't that claim getting a little shopworn? I mean, we must grant people the freedom to pursue any endeavor they deem fitting to their skills, talent, and interest. To do anything else, and I do mean anything else, is a complete waste of time. So maybe there is no longer any room for hope. Big deal. What's more important is that I strive to be consistent in my arguments. I can't say that I'm 100% true to this, but Arch's frequent vacillating leads me to believe that he will do everything in his power to make human life negligible and cheap. No wonder corruption is endemic to our society; Arch lies routinely—even under oath. But let's not lose sight of the larger, more important issue here: Arch's stuck-up threats.

Arch parrots whatever ideas are fashionable at the moment. When the fashions change, his ideas will change instantly like a weathercock. He doesn't want us to make the world safe for democracy. He would rather we settle for the meatless bone of recidivism. Arch drops the names of famous people whenever possible. That makes him sound smarter than he really is and obscures the fact that I have a hard time trying to reason with people who remain calm when they see Arch remake the world to suit his own vengeful needs. Many people who follow his disquisitions have come to the erroneous conclusion that we can stop paternalism merely by permitting government officials entrée into private homes to search for reckless mattoids. The stark truth of the matter is that Arch wants all of us to believe that everyone who doesn't share his beliefs is a lackadaisical rabble-rouser deserving of death and damnation. That's why he sponsors brainwashing in the schools, brainwashing by the government, brainwashing statements made to us by politicians, entertainers, and sports stars, and brainwashing by the big advertisers and the news media. To end this letter, I would like to make a bet with King Arch I Mage. I will gladly give him a day's salary if he can prove that every word that leaves his mouth is teeming with useful information, as he insists. If Arch is unable to prove that, then his end of the bargain is to step aside while I get us out of the hammerlock that he is holding us in. So, do we have a bet, Arch?[/hide]

To Dungeon; I am honoured.

To Dusty; I'm confused

To Pieis; I concur

Now let's lay off the booze.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

That doesn't make any sense though. I've been posting quite a lot.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Ye gods! The talking pastry is correct! HOW COULD SUCH A TRAVESTY BEFALL THE INNOCENT DENIZENS OF THE TAVERN? HOW?!?!

RIP Dawngate ;-;

appreciation post

Paul

snubbe and pie for being the people who came into tavern after some time and contributing volumes to hegemony that i've recognised

And Dungeon, for making awesome lists.

Ps. Maybe for you Rocco, but I'm doing further education, which means no more excuses to procrastinate. I'm not being forced to do it anymore, I'm there of my own free will.

Plus, I get cashmonies for being there. £30 a week for something I've done the last 10 years for free.

2Xeo5.png

Ye gods! The talking pastry is correct! HOW COULD SUCH A TRAVESTY BEFALL THE INNOCENT DENIZENS OF THE TAVERN? HOW?!?!

Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge denizens of the tavern!

I lol'd irl xD

Lqt9R.png

appreciation post

Paul

doodooodoooodooo

but im so soft and lovable :(

You still smell. :twisted:

a70c7.png

appreciation post

Paul

doodooodoooodooo

but im so soft and lovable :(

You still smell. :twisted:

I like to eat soft and lovable things (obligatory drag your head out of the gutter)

LNYvk.png

rage mode. i havent posted much today. im slipping. usually i ace the top posting for days. WAY TOO MUCH SLIPPAGE! MUST SOPAM POST. (not)

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]