Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Back Room

• Please log in to reply
15779 replies to this topic

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Kaida, can you please add back whatever I said about the illuminati unrelated to the argument if it's not an issue. I don't remember what it was.

Surely. :)

You're talking about cladenstine cell system, which (in the most common form) means that each person usually knows up to two other people in the organisation and has no idea about scale or how to get in contact with higherups so it can resist penetration. Law of 13 is a conspiracy theory about the 13 events the illuminati will organise and finally take over the world.

Also, I don't really think anything I said should have been removed since I didn't break any rules. While Mather did by flaming.

Issues with moderating decisions should be taken up privately; please don't do it here. I'll get back to you later (I'm at work and my lunch is almost over).

Edited by Kaida23, 09 July 2013 - 04:38 PM.

Posted Image

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
Just a reminder everyone: personal arguements are to be taken to PM, not hashed out here.

That said, we really don't have a problem with you discussing other forums. Just remember to keep it civil.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts
I think it would be for the best if the tavern had some sort of unbiased and home moderator to ensure that these sort of things don't happen any longer. While I'm not nominating myself, I feel that I would fit the position excellently as a fairly long-running member of the tavern, an upstanding player of many games who has helped mediate disputes in the past and also somebody who has managed two games of my own. Hopefully this is the sort of thing that would revitalise the tavern.

Posted Image

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
Forum moderators are chosen for their understanding of the rules, their maturity, and community presence. If you think you're moderator material, then keep to the previously listed standards and eventually you will be noticed and likely contacted. If you don't, you can still be a valuable member of the community by actively and responsibly using the report function to report posts that violate our forum rules.

The moderating team as a whole works in an unbiased fashion as you've requested. In my personal opinion, the volunteers on staff right now are one of the most professional and proficient teams we've ever had. That said, all members are encouraged to contact an administrator if they feel a moderator isn't doing their job properly. They look into it - promise.

The only thing that will revitalize the tavern, or the clan section, or the The Art Gallery, or the RS Media subcommunities that we have that aren't as active as they used to be is community initiative. Those are the sorts of things that draws new people to you. You don't need a moderator tag next to your name to help you do those things, and if you contact the moderation staff they'll help you with whatever you need. If you want, I can tweet your RP sessions to Tip.it's official feed; an administrator would likely help you if you presented a well written request for front-page notice for any rp session (possibly); you could get in contact with a Tip.it Times writer and either collaborate or submit a guest article about roleplaying in runescape and work the tavern into it if you'd like.

There's no end to the possibilities. The staff's not out to block you in these things -- we're here to help. So just drop us a line if you need us, respect the forum rules, and keep a strong presence in the community if you want the Tavern to live again. But a rank won't be a magical cure-all. :P

hzvjpwS.gif

Nexaduro
[ Display Name History ]

Nexaduro

A Fool On The Hill.

• Members
  • 2,437 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:NexaduroIV
  • Clan:The Honorable Tavern-that-was
(It also helps to not have previously been permabanned)
  • Alg likes this

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

you could get in contact with a Tip.it Times writer and either collaborate or submit a guest article about roleplaying in runescape and work the tavern into it if you'd like.

*cough*

:twss:

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

you could get in contact with a Tip.it Times writer and either collaborate or submit a guest article about roleplaying in runescape and work the tavern into it if you'd like.

*cough*

:twss:

I know that already existed. Doesn't mean it has to be the last one about the subject of roleplaying. :P

hzvjpwS.gif

Resistance
[ Display Name History ]

Resistance

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts
Well there are a lot of arguments here and rules being broken that frankly nobody cares about. Mather just posted a referral link the page before, and while the argument about it was removed his actual referral link was never removed. I think that when I'm board moderator I'll be able to handle these things immediately and as soon as they happen rather than simply leaving them to the moderators - where it gets blown out of proportion and things just get ridiculous.
While I agree that I may not be the ideal candidate, I am the only candidate that is available at the moment and the tavern sorely needs a board moderator.

"I wholeheartedly support Resistance as leader. Throughout knowing him I have always known that he has cared about the tavern, always known that he is willing to put the work in and is definitely my prime candidate if I were tasked with choosing a moderator. While unorthodox due to his high number of warning points and past behaviour, I feel that this is a last hope for the tavern - something that is needed to help prevent it from sinking. It's not like he's going to cause much damage as a board moderator, and I see him being somebody who can really rise to the challenge."

Posted Image

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers

2.) they're not privileges, being a moderator is a duty. A duty of stewardship and protection.

The term used by people people who don't like getting warnings is "powertripper". :P Still, I do like this stewardship and protection idea. Like we're knights of old, riding across the countryside protecting the innocent from the evils of the world. Maybe I should talk to Randox about changing "moderator" to "Protector of the Faith".

Let's see...Kaida23 - Global Protector of the Faith...yes, I rather like that. :grin:

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Nexaduro
[ Display Name History ]

Nexaduro

A Fool On The Hill.

• Members
  • 2,437 posts
  • RSN:NexaduroIV
  • Clan:The Honorable Tavern-that-was

2.) they're not privileges, being a moderator is a duty. A duty of stewardship and protection.

The term used by people people who don't like getting warnings is "powertripper". :P Still, I do like this stewardship and protection idea. Like we're knights of old, riding across the countryside protecting the innocent from the evils of the world. Maybe I should talk to Randox about changing "moderator" to "Protector of the Faith".

Let's see...Kaida23 - Global Protector of the Faith...yes, I rather like that. :grin:

Kaida, Knight Templar
Posted Image
(jk ily)

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts
toasting in a dead bread

scaper2015
[ Display Name History ]

scaper2015

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 0 posts

toasting in a dead bread

Resistance here,

Yeah, pretty miffed. 

I have Steam: BuzzResistance and rarely talk to Archi + Retech. You should add.

We could do a game after exams. Space v3???

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

I roll for initiative.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,032 posts

Wait do you not have to have explicit permissions to post in this forum anymore? I had to do a whole application thing when I joined >.>

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

I'm a Tif admin so I don't need permission.

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

hi

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

GET BACK IN LINE, MAGGOT.

Goonstalf
[ Display Name History ]

Goonstalf

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 965 posts

I roll for initiative.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,204 posts
Man, this was a throwback
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Ieyfura
[ Display Name History ]

Ieyfura

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • RSN:Ieyfura

I miss this place. 

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.
I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users