The Back Room

stevepole

Darnation, ninjaed.

Yeah, Admin's are the only one with the capacity (at least during my time) to actually allow players to post in the Library.

It is due to changes when we did the forum change over.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Half the original members were opposed, nay appalled by the idea of Hegemony being brought to a sub-forum of the roleplaying sub-forum, the Tavern may have grown but its purpose has not, this is a gaming sub-forum, not a roleplaying sub-forum.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

There, an Admin has been alerted and hopefully it will soon be made clear that the Tavern is not the place for roleplays, it may also lead to the re-opening of the Falador Library.

From what I understand, the Tavern is a place for games - including role-playing games - too complex or serious to fit in Forum Games, and too lighthearted to fit in the Library.

As such, it would seem that a_bert's roleplay fits here, as it's too complex for Forum Games and not serious enough for the Library. However, it may evolve into something more serious which would belong in the Library, or it may not.

a70c7.png

From what I understand, the Tavern is a place for games - including role-playing games - too complex or serious to fit in Forum Games, and too lighthearted to fit in the Library.

game (countable and uncountable; plural games)

(countable) A pursuit or activity with rules performed either alone or with others, for the purpose of entertainment. In many games, the objective is to win by defeating the other player or players or being the first to reach a specified goal, while in others, role-playing or cooperation is emphasized.

The difference between a roleplay and a roleplaying game is that in a roleplaying game you are not in control of your character's fate, whereas in a roleplay the outcome of your actions depend solely on you and/or another character.

Resistance, [bleep] off, you're the newbie, listen to the veterans! Me, Ross, Grim, Peis, Icu, Trol, Dungeonal, Dusty, Sere, Rocco, RPG (and Hex although he was banned), we were here before the Tavern, it was created for us, for our games. Then at the same time as the Tavern was created we were joined by Archi and soon Retech. We are the ones who know what the Tavern truly was, even before the first roleplaying game, Dungeoneering.

(I'm not trying to make myself high and mighty though, I was the last player to join before the Tavern, in fact the person you should listen the most to would be Ross if he would just rejoin us.)

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Why on earth would I listen to your warped, opinionated and often wrong blabbering? Because you have been her longer it does not mean that you have the right to give me your opinions as facts. The guidelines and official description clearly state that this is a forum for roleplaying.

qTLQRuS.png

game (countable and uncountable; plural games)

(countable) A pursuit or activity with rules performed either alone or with others, for the purpose of entertainment. In many games, the objective is to win by defeating the other player or players or being the first to reach a specified goal, while in others, role-playing or cooperation is emphasized.

The difference between a roleplay and a roleplaying game is that in a roleplaying game you are not in control of your character's fate, whereas in a roleplay the outcome of your actions depend solely on you and/or another character.

Resistance, [bleep] off, you're the newbie, listen to the veterans!

In that case, the Arena, that one RP that Iey and Vix made, and probably a whole bunch of other Tavern stuff should all go in the Library. But it's not going to, because it isn't serious enough for the Library. And since I guess my phrasing in my previous statement wasn't clear, I'll post a revised version:

In my understanding, the Tavern is the place for business too serious for Forum Games, but not serious enough for the Library.

Also. Mather and Res, please do not antagonize each other.

a70c7.png

I am siding with Resistance on this. READ DESCRIPTIONS PEOPLE! Thats how I decide to play games. Nothing wrong with that.

As for waiting for 2012: ARE YOU SERIOUS?! ONCE 2012 ROLLS AROUND I'LL BE ANTICIPATING OTHER GAMES AND MOVIES! And, by then, I would have forgotten the new big baddie and a range of others. And, I don't want to forget about someone I want to feature in the game.

Also, Mather, behave. For the good of the Tavern, behave and calm down. Shesh...

Just for the record, a text based RPG is in fact, a pure RP. It's just a seperate branch. So to say the Tavern isn't host to a series of roleplays is incorrect. I see many roleplays in the Tavern all the time. Space, Dream Ender, soon to be Cyber World, Dungeoneering. They are all classified as a RP.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Res, the guidelines were created after 1/4th of the Tavern's lifespan had taken place, they were created without our consent from what the Admins seemed to grasp of our opinions.

Iey, they are moderated, soft-RP, the player controls no more than his characters intentions and attempts, the moderator is in fact in a position where he is allowed to take full control of any character for an extended period of time if so he wishes.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Res, the guidelines were created after 1/4th of the Tavern's lifespan had taken place, they were created without our consent from what the Admins seemed to grasp of our opinions.

Iey, they are moderated, soft-RP, the player controls no more than his characters intentions and attempts, the moderator is in fact in a position where he is allowed to take full control of any character for an extended period of time if so he wishes.

You're missing the point. It is still a Roleplay. That's all there is to it.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Okay. I'm going to have to ask everyone to chill themselves about this RP issue.

First and foremost. If you have any issues with the guidelines made for this section of the forums, then take it up with an admin or a moderator. Do not post disdainfully about it.

Second. It has been noted that some think that a_bert's RP should be moved to the Library. However, until the time comes that it's a serious and complex enough RP to fit in the Library that the majority of the players think it would best fit there, it will remain in the Tavern.

Finally. Flaming is not and will not be tolerated.

Now. If you all wish to calmly and rationally discuss a_bert's RP, that is fine. But consider this a warning: the next time I see a rule violation regarding this topic, official action can and will be taken.

a70c7.png

As for waiting for 2012: ARE YOU SERIOUS?! ONCE 2012 ROLLS AROUND I'LL BE ANTICIPATING OTHER GAMES AND MOVIES! And, by then, I would have forgotten the new big baddie and a range of others. And, I don't want to forget about someone I want to feature in the game.

Well, some time off, at least. The game ended just yesterday and you're currently planning two others.

Mather, what is your actual problem with the RP's? If you are so easily angered by them why don't you just shut up and ignore them? People are joining the RP in question already and I am planning to do so. You're just being a sad buzzkill.

qTLQRuS.png

My problem with RPs is that they do not belong in a games sub-forum. A RP is a book with a different author for each POV, a game is a challenge.

My problem with you however is that you are acting like you're the Tavern elder when even Lei has been here longer than you, you need to learn some humility (although so do I), you may not speak as if on behalf of the Taverns interests and you may not speak as if you know more about it than anyone else here.

That is noted, Pieis. And as you see I am merely telling him facts and how to improve his behavior.^

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Fine, can I wait a few months then, instead of waiting for a new year? I'll wait for December if I must (and I wont mind since Cyber World might go, wooooooooooosh, down the drain if it turns out to be a bad game :|) XD December 7th will mark my member for a year anyway XD Gotta celibrate somehow :twss:

I hasten to point out that the Tavern is here to resolve the issue of the flametastic Hegemony...

Beyond that it has no actual reason to exist.

So I would say 'Games which promote aggressiveness and arguments between players'

Which neither Forum games, nor Falador Library do.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

From that interpretation, our old DnD game with its plethora of inter-party conflict and duelling would fit right in. :thumbsup:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

So I would say 'Games which promote aggressiveness and arguments between players'

Which neither Forum games, nor Falador Library do.

You obviously haven't seen Capture the Cheese. Right Pieis?

Yup, DE was too cooperative for that, after all you got a girlfriend through the cooperative effort of me and Zach. :razz:

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1