The Back Room

stevepole

I actually don't mind my little ponies, I have watched a few episodes myself

Fluttershy > Rarity > Pinkie Pie > Apple jack > The main purple pony whose name was never important

There's also that rainbow pony I don't like

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Well the bold lines, simple drawings, lack of shading or anymore then six colours on screen at a time make it a bit too much for me.

The best childrens show has to be Pat & Stan, very funny, slapstick but not stupid and it is something that I would be happy to have my potential future children watching, things like my little pony are just too over the top and I expect that they would have a negative effect on mental development.

Edit: I meant that I don't want my potential future children to watch the show and start acting that way, I know when that when I was younger I copied the matrix and blade but that's okay the difference with the ponies is that they're [developmentally delayed]ed pink horse bimbos and are certainly not the right role models, I would go as far as to say that Barbie is a better rolemodel; most of her things are now geared at her being an independent and intelligent young women.

qTLQRuS.png

I'd love to hear about those, actually. They sound interesting. So long as no one says anything much about Oglaf, I looked it up on TvTropes after hearing about it here, and wished I hadn't.

Sorry, I don't mean to be pestering. In retrospect it was a bit of an undirected comment (though I've been getting the gist that the Back Room was made for those, and Lei never catches crud for it) that I just said because I felt like I mildly wanted to say it to someone, somewhere. And I didn't think it would be specific or foreshadowed enough for it to be a spoiler for anyone unless they've read yesterday's page but not the one that came out this morning.

Ah yes, I was a bit over the top in my reaction there. Sorry about that. Really its just that I am not particularly interested in the comic and so having the on and off discussion of it in here has been annoying me for awhile and I just finally decided to say something then. If people are really wanting to spend more time discussing webcomics perhaps we should look into starting a seperate back room for that purpose, so the discussions on it are a bit easier to follow.

EDIT: Resistance, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is not like the previous incarnations of the MLP TV show. I would suggest actually trying to watch the show at least one time (I would suggest starting with an episode in the middle, such as episode 7: Dragonshy) before jumping to such conclusions. And an image for an added point:

[spoiler=Image]what-were-watching.jpg

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

I sort of just drew some JohnxVriska fanart and it's sort of... surprisingly decent... I blame Lei, she was the one who inspired me.

I may or may not colour it in but I will upload it tomorrow.

:| What have I done?

Hex is being Hex.

And the world keeps on spinning. Why have you got to be so steadfast in your opinions? Keep an open mind, and you may just learn something interesting.

http://i52.tinypic.com/9kwh8y.jpg[/img

The eyes are staring into my soul. The eyyyeeeeessssss....

Oh, and new sig. Decent or no?

a70c7.png

Sort of looks like he is throwing up...

Also, Bonfire in mid-air? (I am guessing Meteor, but it is far too flat at the bottom)

And glowing green button, with a strange blue???

Stars a somewhat out of focus too....(Stars should always be shown sharp, since they are tiny pinholes of light...so there is nothing to really be fuzzy...(Also red stars?(Yes, ok, Star scenes are a mild obsession)))

I, er, like the Grass though :unsure:

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Sort of looks like he is throwing up...

Also, Bonfire in mid-air? (I am guessing Meteor)

And glowing green button?

Stars a somewhat out of focus too....(Stars should always be shown sharp, since they are tiny pinholes of light...so there is nothing to really be fuzzy...(Also red stars?(Yes, ok, Star scenes are a mild obsession)))

I, er, like the Grass though :unsure:

It's a cape, and he's facing the other way.

The glowing green button-thing and the fire are both kind of plot elements for the story I drew this for. So I should probably use a different one that's less full of crap that makes absolutely no sense until it's been explained. :P

a70c7.png

Icu, I know exactly what I am watching. I think it was episode 1 though and that was awful.

People on the Internet say it has some deeper meaning but certainly don't see it and I don't how anybody possibly could it seems another one of those troll things.

qTLQRuS.png

Icu, I know exactly what I am watching. I think it was episode 1 though and that was awful.

People on the Internet say it has some deeper meaning but certainly don't see it and I don't how anybody possibly could it seems another one of those troll things.

Thats not the point.

The point is that nobody, bar you and Wyvern, actually cares that much.

So what conclusions can we draw from this? Hmmm?

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Just started watching game of thrones, a very good series so far (Episode 2) and I have to say it is quite emotional in places and well written, but I am sure the book is better

How many books are in the series?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

The book is more detailed but the series is doing a better job than any other transfer I've seen from book to screenplay. There are five books; A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

The books are great though, jeez.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Why get out? I don't get it.

It looks like a great series.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

It is. Good books all around, great suspense and stuff. (Lack-luster descriptions ftw!)

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I actually don't mind my little ponies, I have watched a few episodes myself

Fluttershy > Rarity > Pinkie Pie > Apple jack > The main purple pony whose name was never important

There's also that rainbow pony I don't like

Okay actually I can comment on this. Just a bit. I only have one word to say.

Yay.

[hide](Please note that the video title is because it's a YTPMV version of the popular chiptune 'Avast Your Ass' by Kitsune^2. Don't ask me why it's named that, I don't know. With this in mind...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbIGnY_DSIE[/hide]

Well the bold lines, simple drawings, lack of shading or anymore then six colours on screen at a time make it a bit too much for me.

The best childrens show has to be Pat & Stan, very funny, slapstick but not stupid and it is something that I would be happy to have my potential future children watching, things like my little pony are just too over the top and I expect that they would have a negative effect on mental development.

Edit: I meant that I don't want my potential future children to watch the show and start acting that way, I know when that when I was younger I copied the matrix and blade but that's okay the difference with the ponies is that they're [developmentally delayed]ed pink horse bimbos and are certainly not the right role models, I would go as far as to say that Barbie is a better rolemodel; most of her things are now geared at her being an independent and intelligent young women.

All I have to say is that, if My Little Ponies can convince several hundred thousand residents of 4chan to even try to put aside their hate and differences for once, then I doubt it will have a negative effect on any yound children. No one learns from TV in the first place, that's their parent's job.

I actually knew a guy who started watching it. He stopped being creepy, angry, and secluded and started hanging out with a few positive influences.

Hex is being Hex.

And the world keeps on spinning. Why have you got to be so steadfast in your opinions? Keep an open mind, and you may just learn something interesting.

9kwh8y.jpg

Oh, oh god. It burns my mind. WHY, WHY ARE THERE RAINBOWS, SO MANY RAINBOOOOOOWS WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...

Though it is good art, I suppose.

P.S. S'alright Wyvren. :thumbup:

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

you guys are so dumb, like seriously

'get out while you can' -> clearly im saying the books are awful, right?

anyway the latest book DOES suck cause it's way too big to hold comfortably as you read it

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!