The Back Room

stevepole

*sigh* I'm all caught up in Darths and Droids. Have to wait for the next update <_<

Now I should finish my lame summer reading book. And A Game of Thrones. But I don't wanna....

Oh yeah, my dad got to talk to Lance Armstrong, the 7 time winner of La Tour de France. Aw.Some.

Darths and Droids I got a bit bored with after a while. So, did you like Drowtales?

Also, the only 1000+ page book I will ever truly enjoy is The Way Of Kings. And, probably the next nine books in that series.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex, I agree that Darths and Droids got abit boring. Haven't really finished reading Drowtales due to need of catching up, artwork posting on Deviantart, planing out sunday (trying to escape to Exile Island so I can video chat with my friends), a crapload of typing to do and I AM SOOOOOO BORED RIGHT NOW!

Oh, and, there are baby fishes in my fishtank.... THE GUY AT THE PET STORE LIED!

I actually don't mind my little ponies, I have watched a few episodes myself

Fluttershy > Rarity > Pinkie Pie > Apple jack > The main purple pony whose name was never important

There's also that rainbow pony I don't like

Okay actually I can comment on this. Just a bit. I only have one word to say.

Yay.

[hide](Please note that the video title is because it's a YTPMV version of the popular chiptune 'Avast Your Ass' by Kitsune^2. Don't ask me why it's named that, I don't know. With this in mind...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbIGnY_DSIE[/hide]

Well the bold lines, simple drawings, lack of shading or anymore then six colours on screen at a time make it a bit too much for me.

The best childrens show has to be Pat & Stan, very funny, slapstick but not stupid and it is something that I would be happy to have my potential future children watching, things like my little pony are just too over the top and I expect that they would have a negative effect on mental development.

Edit: I meant that I don't want my potential future children to watch the show and start acting that way, I know when that when I was younger I copied the matrix and blade but that's okay the difference with the ponies is that they're [developmentally delayed]ed pink horse bimbos and are certainly not the right role models, I would go as far as to say that Barbie is a better rolemodel; most of her things are now geared at her being an independent and intelligent young women.

All I have to say is that, if My Little Ponies can convince several hundred thousand residents of 4chan to even try to put aside their hate and differences for once, then I doubt it will have a negative effect on any yound children. No one learns from TV in the first place, that's their parent's job.

I actually knew a guy who started watching it. He stopped being creepy, angry, and secluded and started hanging out with a few positive influences.

Hex is being Hex.

And the world keeps on spinning. Why have you got to be so steadfast in your opinions? Keep an open mind, and you may just learn something interesting.

9kwh8y.jpg

Oh, oh god. It burns my mind. WHY, WHY ARE THERE RAINBOWS, SO MANY RAINBOOOOOOWS WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...

Though it is good art, I suppose.

P.S. S'alright Wyvren. :thumbup:

Who drew this? That's pretty nice.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Only thousand page worth of books, worth reading are:

Dreadnought, by Massie, which is basically the entire Victorian Age, and the pre-war period.

The Commonwealth Saga, by Hamilton.

Night's Dawn Trilogy, by Hamilton.

The Void Trilogy, by Hamilton.

Hitler and Stalin: Parallel lives, by Bullock.

Also, what is up with Dust Covers! Seriously, they have no purpose other than to be a pain to keep on the darned book!

That said, give me a hardback over paperback anyday.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

anyway the latest book DOES suck cause it's way too big to hold comfortably as you read it

There's an easy solution to this. Set the book on a table. If necessary, remove the cover first. :mrgreen:

yeah but dude i read when i go to bed

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Two more players to start the clan now.

EDIT: And the clan has been made. We need 2 more Members players to make a citadel though.

Well, you got one here. Just let me know when you need me to hop on.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Proilly not. It's a sboot s- oh. Waiit. What boot sequencer is it for. ([bleep] if I know I'm gonna wing it. Early warning.)

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Also, as a question, and I apologize profusely for the double post if it is one, but I want this seen. Would anyone be interested in helping me program an actual game. Like an actual, playable one for other people, not jsut the tavern, not jsut tet based and run b a few friends on set days. If so.. Just let me know. I can set up a thread for it.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I would be willing to help graphically(I do excellent maps), and dialogue/plot/ect.

I can't code particularly well, though simple decision trees, that kinda thing, I can do...Could probably pick up whatever interface you were using given a few Q&A sessions.

We could also use the BYOND system as a base. http://www.byond.com/developer/

I think we should probably state from the very beginning who is in charge of the project, aka who gets the final say on things, and anyone who works on the project should agree to abide by that person's decisions.

So, questions:

What sort of game?

What setting?

Party based or MORPG?

Archi, a friend recomended the Unity Web Browser page. It's like a 3d designer thats.. Hopefully pretty easy to use. This stuff makes my head spin. Anyways..

The game: It's a conglomeration of plenty of current MMO's and game concepts at the very start of the game, after you make a character, you can choose between two types of Characters: Fighters or Builders.

Builders: They MAKE the towns. They make the banks, the shops, the garrisons the quest givers, everything. They build things, research new training and equipment, and generally provide the tech and economic edge to help Fighters do their job.

Fighters: Fighters kill things. They defend towns, or assist the garrison in defending if a town has one, and gather the raw materials, guard the transportation of it, and bring it to the builders to tinker with or use. Simply put, the Fighters are the exploratory muscle to help the Builders do their job.

The setting would either be like early medieval or fantasy, I can't decide which.

I'm not sure what you mean by party based, but.. ... Yeah, I got nothing. Splain it a little more in depth and I'll try and respond with actual words.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Ah, you mean a game like that...

Well, I would probably suggest Facebook. They have plenty of Kingdom builder games, so whatever system they use.

That or Minecraft/Terraria, since that has building/fighting mechanics.

But Party Based would mean that you get 3+ people together, and you all work together to build a town or fight in the army or whatever.

MORPG would mean you get 1-2 people, and you are pretty much out to conquer the game on your own.

Word of warning about 3D games, they become increasingly harder to build as time goes on, and even high end games end up using fades to 'build' stuff. Also, if you have stuff explode or get hit by anything then things can get unreasonably complicated...so you need a fairly robust game engine and computer.

To me is sounds somewhat like you are trying to rebuild HnH, but with jobs, instead of just playing it your own way.

Trying to get an avvy of Kiel'ndia from Drowtales with Kamina's sunglasses. :thumbup:

Woooah ninja'd by Rocco out of nowhere. :blink:

The only god tier music I need;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_eNMGYkJCc&feature=related

GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE! KICK REASON TO THE CURB! THAT'S THE WAY THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE ROLLS!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Maybe. I.. Dunno. I guess not go with 3d and maybe with sprites? Party bvased or Faction absed would be with a whole bunch of people helping each other out with different specialties, and without H&H death logic and [cabbage]e.

Edit: I FEEL STUPID. I am using my now apparently TINY computer and I feel like a stupid giant using a midget computer. I hate it when this happpens.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Because of my addiction with Game of Thrones lately, and coupled with the fact Archi's travelling tale has inspired me to play Crusader Kings I have thought about creating a hegemony-esque game

I know we have done something similar with an actual Game of Thrones edition of hegemony, but here's what I would think would be different.

Instead of being a 'country' you run a house within a country.

Instead of being the will of your country/house you are infact an actual person (To inspire RP mostly), the difference being. You can personally participate in battles, you can be killed, and when/if you are crowned king, you are king.

Death mechanics would mean your 'character' is now a relative of yours, as your former character is dead. You could go for a total kill option and just start out as a new house (perhaps formed out from your dead house)

I would have some other NPC houses and start off with an NPC king

There would also be other kingdoms, but I would prefer people to start off in the same kingdom

Furthermore, you could go for other things, instead or even with running your house. Such as getting on a high position in the court, to further boost your power in the realm.

Basically, a more heavy RP hegemony game, where instead of being a free nation you infact serve a nation.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?