The Back Room

stevepole

I don't have time in the morning to make tea. And I don't drink coffee.

And Damn. I'm out of tea. AND I HAVE NOTHING TO DO. Nevermind. I remembered I have a blog to make. *facepalm* Food Lover's Delight.

Right... Once I stop feeling sick and can type quickly I'll go back to work on Penumbra.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Right... Once I stop feeling sick and can type quickly I'll go back to work on Penumbra.

You're doing that thing again. The thing where you make completely inconsequential comments out of the blue about whatever happens to have captivated your attention in that particular second.

Just remindin' ya.

2Xeo5.png

Pendulum is alright, except all their songs sound pretty much the same, so I gues if you like one you will like them all.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

You're doing that thing again. The thing where you make completely inconsequential comments out of the blue about whatever happens to have captivated your attention in that particular second.

Just remindin' ya.

You're right, thanks. I don't mean to natter.

This place just feels kinda... empty nowadays, y'know? SOMETHING needs to be said.

But not nothing.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Ehhh...yes.

Moving on, err, somewhat...

Finally got round to giving HOI3 a fair trial...It is still terrible.

They fixed the speed issue, which is good...But it can still be set to run at full speed and, as long as you set AI control, you will probably get a pretty good run out of how WW2 was actually fought.

Great...Cept, of course, if I wanted to watch World War 2 being fought out over and over again I could watch the History channel...

You go in as Great Britain. Ok, what can I do...Nothing...Nothing....Nothing..........................................................................MORE NOTHING. AH A DECISON! Protect Czechslovakia? That sounds like a sensible move....France has declared war on Germany...

HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE!

Britain says 'Hang on a second' and France goes 'DIE HITLER!'? WHAT MESSED UP WORLD IS THIS!

And Germany doesn't even invade Czechslovakia. Infact Germany does a fat lot of nothing, what does happen though is Italy, the country I have been prodding away from the Axis suddenly ups and joins them, invading France instantly.

I try to send an expeditionary force, and what happens? Half my army turns French.

I say 'Oi, you, NO.'(to 0:53) And it tells me I have to wait 3 months to get my troops back...and when they do come back France has split them up so I only get back an eighth the troops I sent. AN EIGHTH!

Italy has most of Southern France, and Japan has invaded and annexed ALL of China, yes, Communist and Nationalist...in six months.

ALL I DID WAS SAY 'No Hitler, you cannot have Czechslovakia' and what happens? THE WORLD EXPLODES!

Thats not realism...Thats not even close to realism...In the Real World Germany was not prepared for war, Italy was not prepared to invade France for no real reason...Japan did not have the capacity to invade and occupy China in six months.

Neville Chamberlain made the right decision given situation he faced...But in this ALTERNATE universe, where Germany is not allied to anyone, and England is mobilising for war standing up to Germany made SOME sense.

But no, clearly only by giving up Czechslovakia could China survive... Clearly Italy, so enraged by Britain doing what Italy was planning to do at that time, felt compelled to ally with Germany.

Silliness of the highest order.

Another issue I had was the unfinished feel to the game...You barely get any events, the research system is revamped, and looks quite good...but they have kept the date modifers...so even if you want tanks that are heavily armoured, but not very fast, you still have to wait as long as if you had researched heavily armoured and very fast.

Bah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwgxug3yjvU

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

That sounds a bit of a disappointment. What game is it, again?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Anyone else get the feeling the tavern is slowly dying? Only a place for arguments now, and the occasional game, than anything really.. Meaningfull?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I've suggested game after game and no ones been biting, soooo...

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

What game? If it's a hegenomy, I'm terrible at those and not entirely interested sthat why I haven't bitten it. If not, then I musta missed it.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Tavern has lost the main people who pushed games forward...Ross, Dusty and Grim.

People who are left don't seem to have the ability to stay the course for more than a few days.

Retech will blow stuff up if things don't go right.

Nex has a tendancy to drift and occassionally blow stuff up depending on how he feels.

Ico has a tendancy to drift too.

Mather plays like Retech, replacing 'Blow stuff up' with 'Metagame my way though it'.

Vixon and Iey don't play <_< .

Stork and Spork sporadically play, but are otherwise good from what I have seen.

Earth, you play a good game, and I hope you won't take offense when I say you play a follower not a leader. Just going from Space, you want other people to give you orders more than you want to take charge.

Lynx plays well too, but people don't engage with her, and she doesn't engage with others.

(I don't know about me)

So games are not really sustainable any more, since no one takes charge, which means the people who follow orders don't have anyone to follow.

Without that nucleus, the daytrippers like Nex and Ico don't have anything to congregate around.

Elsewise most of the people playing a game tend to flake off after a few sessions or posts.

Its everyone's fault really.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Stork and Spork sporadically play, but are otherwise good from what I have seen.

I honestly wish I could play more, I'm just usually without access to a computer that can run IRC for most of the day. And since I'm in MST, that means I miss most of the sessions unless they occur at times so late that it's unhealthy for the people over in Europe. However, that might change because of circumstances, so.....

a70c7.png

I only play in an RP that catches my fancy. So far, well, either the playstyle gets changed to something that just is below par *cough* Dungeoneering *cough* or I dont' have much interest in the game. Anything hegemony styled for example, it's an automatic no for me. My particular interest is something along the lines of Lei's Dream Ender. I rarely branch away to the more "gamey" feeling games.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

1) The reason why I don't engage with others in games not run by me is because I'm what some say is called introverted.

2) I will be completely honest, I got my first friend when I was about 11 and entering my sixth year of school.

3) I am apperantly am capable of running and sticking to rps. I am canceling Dungeoneering since no one wants to play. I AM SOOOOO KEEPING Cyber World going to test my abilities of "futureistic" settings and such. And I'm sure a number of players are looking foward to the game. (And I am so tempted to start a sequel to Dream Ender, I've got sooooo many ideas for it.)

4) Incase no one had noticed when I first joined and was playing Space, I am kinda shy. However, I have gotten used to the people here in the tavern, so I've got no real reason not to speak anymore.

And there has been a SERIOUS lack of games to play. I am soooooo bored. Someone please make a new game. PLEASE! Save me from my boredom!

1) The reason why I don't engage with others in games not run by me is because I'm what some say is called introverted.

And there has been a SERIOUS lack of games to play. I am soooooo bored. Someone please make a new game. PLEASE! Save me from my boredom!

Errr....what?

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Iey, being introverted means pretty much what Archi said. I don't really engage with others. I'm a bit of a loner. And my complaint about the lack of games is just that. I am so bloody bored, and I hope someone makes a new game so I can play.

3) I am apperantly am capable of running and sticking to rps. I am canceling Dungeoneering since no one wants to play. I AM SOOOOO KEEPING Cyber World going to test my abilities of "futureistic" settings and such. And I'm sure a number of players are looking foward to the game. (And I am so tempted to start a sequel to Dream Ender, I've got sooooo many ideas for it.)

Thought you were going to post something to get Dungeoneering started :-?

Mask, you know thats not how I do things. I wait for others to make a move. Thats why you guys had to make a wake up action in DE.....also, waking up seems like a smart move since at the end of every session you all practically fell asleep (minus the night before the final boss fight).

I was more just wondering why you gave a reason for not playing other's games, then said you wanted to play someone else's game. It confuses me xD

Lqt9R.png

I thought I did a passable job of interacting with Leiana! :D

Whatever becomes of us, we'll always have the doors! XD

... But I generally agree. And I want to make that change, to become a driving force, but I can only give it my all and strive for the best. Penumbra is my last push towards this goal.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm like Lei in the sense I wait for others to make a noise before I do anything. Such as when I suggest a game, if no one even acknowledges the suggestion then I assume they don't want it and the game idea gets dropped.

I will post a few ideas for games and see if anyone bites:

Hegemony ideas:

A house system, similar to crusader kings if anyone has played it, in which instead of being ruler of the entire country, you will most likely serve him as you all start out. More RP based than the other hegemonies because I'd rather people acted a bit sensibly.

A remake of YOH, except more NPC nations, and such. I will most likely use the Eu3 map.

You run a colony from a country you have to pick, your success grants you rewards, such as technology (as researching will be removed) and surviving and fighting off the natives and other colonies from different countries. Pretty much a faction based, base builder in which you must regulate your colony to survive, but also push out the competition to become recognised. This is pretty much based in America.

Dungeoneering Ideas:

A world in which anything is possible with magic, but it comes with sinister prices. Which has lead to cults who relish in magic, and people who despise people who would pay such prices to use magic. Other than that, a normal medieval fantasy setting.

Campaign based fantasy setting, where you are a band of adventuerers, for whatever reason, work together. You are given an overall goal. It's pretty much a general ol DnD-esque game, with similar to DnD rules but I will have to change them in some places. Focuses more on the story as a whole rather than the story of a character, and inspires teamwork instead of people wandering off.

It's a REALLY big shaft.