[Video] AFK effigy guide

little oaks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been doing the mummies for a month or two before this update :) always alone... and then suddenly everyone is doing them and it's impossible to find a free world.

by the way, i haven't really noticed the increase in droprate. Received 14 effys after update, same 3h/effy on average. Anyone got more effys to confirm/deny?

mummies.png

e6baac216b.png

104273167.png

At least now we know how you kept untrim slayer cape this long.. ;)

Nice collection.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

#Persistent
SetTimer, Search_For_Effigy, 30000
return

Search_For_Effigy:
WinGet, active_id, ID, A
WinActivate, RuneScape
WinWaitActive, RuneScape
PixelSearch, X, Y, 270, 200, 680, 530, 0xFFFFFF, 7, Fast 
if ErrorLevel = 0
{
  TrayTip, Effigy found!, An effigy has been found
}
if ErrorLevel = 1
{
  TrayTip, No effigy found, Another check will be performed in 30 seconds
}
WinActivate, ahk_id %active_id%

Figured I'd post this here too. Detects when an effigy is dropped. Change 270, 200, 680, 530 to the top left and bottom right coords of the area in which an effigy can be dropped. Make sure your inventory is excluded.

#Persistent
return

Search_For_Effigy:
WinGet, active_id, ID, A
WinActivate, RuneScape
WinWaitActive, RuneScape
if ErrorLevel = 0
{
}
if ErrorLevel = 1
{
}

Figured I'd post this here too. Detects when an effigy is dropped. Change 270, 200, 680, 530 to the top left and bottom right coords of the area in which an effigy can be dropped. Make sure your inventory is excluded.

Care to explain how exactly those work? Or even where they go..

It's an AHK script. Just download it, copy what Hedgehog posted into notepad (saving as .ahk), and then run it.

All you need to do is change the x1,y1,x2,y2 values to define the area you want it to search.

So it picks it up for you, just tell you it's there, or what?

Also, how do I find out my "area"?

If I'm reading his code correctly, it looks like it gives you a little tooltip on the bottom right of your screen where the clock is. All it does it checks your screen to see if there is an effigy and alerts you every 30 seconds. If it picked it up, that would basically be a bot.

As for figuring out the coordinates, you can use Window spy, which comes with the AHK download. Just make a mental box over the area you want it to check (just as long as it doesn't include your inventory, you should be fine). Mouse over the top left corner and write down the coordinates that it will show.. then do the same for the bottom right corner.

Edit:

Decided to test it out finally lol.

effigy.png

Edit2: lol it works! just got 2 effigies in 5 mins :D

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Was talking to a guy at mummies earlier. He said that apparently Mod Reach or someone (can't remember exactly who he was speaking of) already confirmed that this is being fixed with Tuesday's update. How valid that is we'll have to see come Tuesday.

If I'm reading his code correctly, it looks like it gives you a little tooltip on the bottom right of your screen where the clock is. All it does it checks your screen to see if there is an effigy and alerts you every 30 seconds. If it picked it up, that would basically be a bot.

As for figuring out the coordinates, you can use Window spy, which comes with the AHK download. Just make a mental box over the area you want it to check (just as long as it doesn't include your inventory, you should be fine). Mouse over the top left corner and write down the coordinates that it will show.. then do the same for the bottom right corner.

Edit:

Decided to test it out finally lol.

effigy.png

Edit2: lol it works! just got 2 effigies in 5 mins :D

Can you get me the coordinates for that spot? Or for that matter just the script edited to the right coordinates? It would help me understand more of how to put the coordinates into the coding and I would greatly appreciate it.

xovUO.png

#Persistent
return

Search_For_Effigy:
WinGet, active_id, ID, A
WinActivate, RuneScape
WinWaitActive, RuneScape
if ErrorLevel = 0
{
}
if ErrorLevel = 1
{
}

I'm having a problem with that script, it seems to always be saying the Effigy Found! statement even though there isn't an effigy anywhere within my game screen.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

I assume people will rant a lot :S

its the afk thats the problem really, maybe if the rate was more like 1 every 1:40 to 2:00 it'd be a bit more reasonable.

To step up to Glacors or TDs takes a lot more effort for only a 10 minute increase in effigyrate. Though they do give significantly more profit and xp of course

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I assume people will rant a lot :S

its the afk thats the problem really, maybe if the rate was more like 1 every 1:40 to 2:00 it'd be a bit more reasonable.

To step up to Glacors or TDs takes a lot more effort for only a 10 minute increase in effigyrate. Though they do give significantly more profit and xp of course

Indeed. One thing is slaying 3k monsters to get 99 rc. Another thing is leave runescape open and click on it every once in a while and get 99 rc. It's like ivy, but for any skill lol.

Skiller11101.png

#Persistent
return

Search_For_Effigy:
WinGet, active_id, ID, A
WinActivate, RuneScape
WinWaitActive, RuneScape
if ErrorLevel = 0
{
}
if ErrorLevel = 1
{
}

I'm having a problem with that script, it seems to always be saying the Effigy Found! statement even though there isn't an effigy anywhere within my game screen.

Are your coordinates correct?

#Persistent
return

Search_For_Effigy:
WinGet, active_id, ID, A
WinActivate, RuneScape
WinWaitActive, RuneScape
if ErrorLevel = 0
{
}
if ErrorLevel = 1
{
}

Are your coordinates correct?

Could you make a tutorial on getting coordinates? I tried the both on screen and in game windows x1,y1 x2,y2 and it just kept continuously saying "effigy found!" even when there wasn't one. I must be doing something wrong and I can't figure it out.