Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework

• Please log in to reply
482 replies to this topic

Weiyao
[ Display Name History ]

Weiyao

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Weiyaoli
  • RSN '07:weiyao5
Was it so hard to just nerf mummies a bit? I would have understood in your inventory maybe, since you couldn't camp for them as much, but a maximum of 5 is just stupid.

Utopia
[ Display Name History ]

Utopia

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RSN:Utopia
So now you'll have to use an effigy immediately after you get one?

Posted Image

Turnpike
[ Display Name History ]

Turnpike

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • RSN:Turnpikes
  • Clan:PvMS
Well...the good news is that you only have to lose one Fire Cape to access that new area?

A.K.A.

Distracting people from noticing HORRID EFFIGY UPDATE.

brbnotgettingeffigiesanymore.

Turnpikes.png

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
For me, there's basically 0 reason left to play. I'm not going to ZMI/barb advance (which got nerfed recently as well)/congold all that xp when I could be having fun hunting effigies :(.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

hatebringer
[ Display Name History ]

hatebringer

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,555 posts
  • RSN:Rage Forever
That effigy change is the biggest fail in the history of this game. The one good thing for maxing the game and no its ruined
99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength
Gamertag: H8tebringer

Posted Image

Jessome18
[ Display Name History ]

Jessome18

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts
u can still hunt effigys lol? just use them as you get them its not that bad

deskjethp
[ Display Name History ]

deskjethp

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Requirements:

Available to members only.

why are they including this bit on every little part now...

Ezkaton
[ Display Name History ]

Ezkaton

#1 Bad Maxer

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • RSN:Ezkaton
  • Clan:EoE

I was saving mine for when I get the skills though... I have 2.8m spare cash, I need my gear for bossing to try and make some cash... So, I'm practically left with a load of skills that I can't do anything with as I don't have the money.... So it's bad for me, and people like me.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Not to change the subject or anything, but are there still the usual massive framerate/lag/whatever-the-term-is issues in the new area?

Scherzo
[ Display Name History ]

Scherzo

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • RSN:Scherzo
  • RSN2:Arnie Arnie
No more slaying before I can do my effigies then, I guess. 40-50 of them banked =/

Doesn't hurt the near-maxed players much though, does it? You can just use the effigies as you get them. It's worse for anyone that lacks skill to open all of them (or have to get boosts to do them)

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
There it goes, since the effigies came out, I kept every one I've gotten from Slayer etc, I never intentionally searched after them, they were a nice bonus. And now, I can't build my collection any further, my precious collection of about 70 effigies. :s Guess I'll dump them on a skill requiring a lot of money. :s I don't like this at all, I already completely forgot the Tzhaar update thanks to this.

Vex
[ Display Name History ]

Vex

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • RSN:Platebeard
Except if you are doing slayer and levelling as per normal, you can have a maximum of 5, then you are penalised because you chose to do slayer before levelling your other skills.
Posted Image
http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik
Posted Image
Luls. Still so very mad about this. I was going for full bank of effigies fml. I really don't see the logic behind limiting us to 5 effigies max.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Jessome18
[ Display Name History ]

Jessome18

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted Image
Luls. Still so very mad about this. I was going for full bank of effigies fml. I really don't see the logic behind limiting us to 5 effigies max.

pwned

hatebringer
[ Display Name History ]

hatebringer

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,555 posts
  • RSN:Rage Forever

No more slaying before I can do my effigies then, I guess. 40-50 of them banked =/

Doesn't hurt the near-maxed players much though, does it? You can just use the effigies as you get them. It's worse for anyone that lacks skill to open all of them (or have to get boosts to do them)

Exactly I have almost 20no banked and I want to use my own skills to open so what I have to level or get assistance before I can even get anymore and so I can't slay or anything until then at the cost of possible effigy? No fail jagex u obviously dnt even understand how your game works so I have to dish out MY XP to other people so I can get the lamps and even have a chance to get more effigy's or spend hours and hours leveling the skills I need to open effigy at the cost of millions of gp I dnt have and can't earn efficiently because I can't kill creatures that may drop effigy's and I will miss out. Thanks jagex for ruining the one update I was looking forward to.
99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength
Gamertag: H8tebringer

Posted Image

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I ain't even mad. Now all of those Effigyscapers can learn to play Grindscape again.

The_Fray
[ Display Name History ]

The_Fray

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Rook
This is undoubtedly the stupidest update, I lack the skills necessary to open my effigies and had since then been working my skills to ensure that I could. With this update I now have to get someone to open my effigies every time I get one. So much fail. Brb I am going to go rage on RSOF.

Tui
[ Display Name History ]

Tui

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • RSN:Tui

rates were lowered too. I just want to know by how much, since I can thankfully already open all stages.

P0lPXdo.png

Sly_Wizard
[ Display Name History ]

Sly_Wizard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
I don't really see the big deal about the effigy thing.

xInfinityx
[ Display Name History ]

xInfinityx

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 75 posts
So much QQ, someone help me, I am drowning.

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |
| 99 Hunter | 99 Farming | 99 Slayer |  Divination 99 | 115+ Dungeoneering |

Total Level: 2590+
Max Cape - Owner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users