14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Effigyscapers had their fun, while it lasted... I'm also VERY glad that Jagex didn't announce that this was coming :)

ANYWHO, 4 pages of whining about effigies, can we focus on the quest now?

THIS.

Sides, It is still Jagex at heart folks, It wouldn't be too shocking to me, (and anyone else im sure) if this effigy change got reversed. (tho i dont think it will, it just wouldnt be shocking)

Sides, in the grand scheme of things, if they keep doing these early bird special quest things that can kinda make up for some effigy change exp?!? :mrgreen:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

The problem is that nobody knew what would happen with Effigies a month or even a few months after their release. Not everyone is an Effigyscaper too, so about 95% of players are unaffected by this update and won't even know the difference.

That's ridiculous, just like you're saying 'effigyscapers' are 'butthurt' I could say you are, because you are a bit unlucky with effigy drops.

I'm not sure how many people get effigy drops at reasonable intervals, but it's definitely much more than 5%, given the popularity of Assist Clan, w117 Daemonheim and the number of people hunting cave crawlers etc.

This isn't about whether effigies should provide less xp. It's about the way of nerfing them. This way, everyone who has an effigy right now has to dump it ASAP to get the better xp rates. It basically penalizes you for playing the way the game was meant to be played. Because playing to achieve your goal is how the game is meant to be played.

I got my last effigy in November. Wanna know why? Like MOST people who play Runescape, I do NOT farm them. My life of Runescape does not revolve around spamming cavecrawlers so I can level agility. I could care less about effigies because I hardly ever get them doing the things I enjoy in Runescape. I'm sorry if you are still mad and all about Runescape not being fun anymore because it just got a little more challenging for you.

I don't really see the big deal about the effigy thing.

People stopped training skills legitimately once effigies came out. Now they are butthurt that they don't have an easy way out of training skills.

No... It's Jagex's fault for making the game function this way. It makes absolutely no sense that I now have to go find someone with the required skills to open my effigies. This is a stupid update.

I put the blame on Jagex for creating Effigies in the first place. I am disappoint about the update too, but all I see is Jagex fixing a mistake they made long ago.

Except it doesn't fix that. People will still use effigies, they will just spare skills like slayer for after their 97 effigy skills. So it just makes more troublesome, without solving anything.

You have heard the phrase "Don't fix what isn't broken" right? Effigies were pretty broken, and they were fixed.

I agree that effigies turned this game in the wrong direction, since I think skills should be trained by doing them. However, my point is that this didn't fix effigies. I can still train my rc level by effigy-scaping, I just can't hoard effigies before I get the skills to do them. If they lowered the xp an effegy gives, made them more rare, or even took them out of the game, then it would be fixing the problem they created.

The problem is that nobody knew what would happen with Effigies a month or even a few months after their release. Not everyone is an Effigyscaper too, so about 95% of players are unaffected by this update and won't even know the difference.

I am sorry but I just don't feel you have a grasp of how significant this update is for most people.

Your confusing impact on you and your friends with impact on RS not every is maxed, and those that are maxed don't automatically effigyscape. Tbh they never shoulda been assisstable as theyre meant for ultra-end game. Those who dont need assists really arent as affected

10sfyic.png

I don't really see the big deal about the effigy thing.

People stopped training skills legitimately once effigies came out. Now they are butthurt that they don't have an easy way out of training skills.

No... It's Jagex's fault for making the game function this way. It makes absolutely no sense that I now have to go find someone with the required skills to open my effigies. This is a stupid update.

I put the blame on Jagex for creating Effigies in the first place. I am disappoint about the update too, but all I see is Jagex fixing a mistake they made long ago.

Except it doesn't fix that. People will still use effigies, they will just spare skills like slayer for after their 97 effigy skills. So it just makes more troublesome, without solving anything.

You have heard the phrase "Don't fix what isn't broken" right? Effigies were pretty broken, and they were fixed.

I agree that effigies turned this game in the wrong direction, since I think skills should be trained by doing them. However, my point is that this didn't fix effigies. I can still train my rc level by effigy-scaping, I just can't hoard effigies before I get the skills to do them. If they lowered the xp an effegy gives, made them more rare, or even took them out of the game, then it would be fixing the problem they created.

But they made it to where you can't go from 91 to 99 Runecrafting in 1 day using effigies.

Apparently everyone who supports this is just jealous of other people being able to get things because of effigies :rolleyes:.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Your tears, shall feed my lol-dog.

Maybe you did not know, but this is just a game, like all other games and in life, nothing ever stays the same.

Moral of the story? Dont like it, Don't play.

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |
| 99 Hunter | 99 Farming | 99 Slayer |  Divination 99 | 115+ Dungeoneering |

Total Level: 2590+
Max Cape - Owner

I am sorry but I just don't feel you have a grasp of how significant this update is for most people.

No I do. I know that people spend 10 hours a day spamming cavecrawlers just so they don't have to train agility and runecrafting.

Maybe you did not know, but this is just a game, like all other games and in life, nothing ever stays the same.

Okay, so if we added effigies back in and quintupled the rate, but only from glacors, you'd be ok with it?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Was there some uber efficient way of getting effigies really fast or something because I've had less than 10 in the entire time they've been out. Am I also the only person who uses an effigy as soon as I get it?

I don't think this change will affect me. But for those who it will do you really think that farming effigies instead of training skills is the right way to get XP?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Okay, so if we added effigies back in and quintupled the rate, but only from glacors, you'd be ok with it?

Quick! Let's all hold our hands together, and sing Kum Bah Ya, my lord, and this land is your land.

In hopes for a perfect world.

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |
| 99 Hunter | 99 Farming | 99 Slayer |  Divination 99 | 115+ Dungeoneering |

Total Level: 2590+
Max Cape - Owner

Was there some uber efficient way of getting effigies really fast or something because I've had less than 10 in the entire time they've been out. Am I also the only person who uses an effigy as soon as I get it?

I don't think this change will affect me. But for those who it will do you really think that farming effigies instead of training skills is the right way to get XP?

You can get like 1 an hour by spamming a cannon and steel titan on cave crawlers. Or you could kills TDS or Glacors for like .6 per hour.

Because those skills suck yet you need them for various reasons.

It's done. Maxing = kaput. No way in hell I'm going to run around for hundreds of hours when I could kill stuff and still get decent xp( no I don't mean simply farming effigies, rather slaying after 99 for example, you know doing what you enjoy.)

Jumping on the effigy bandwagon. I have about 30 effigys saved up that i have been wanting to open myself (can do all the herb ones and 91 agility atm). Apart from getting 75 thieving for the quest cape, this is the only thing that made me want to train up my non combat stats.

Guess its back to Dg.

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

Because those skills suck yet you need them for various reasons.

It's done. Maxing = kaput. No way in hell I'm going to run around for hundreds of hours when I could kill stuff and still get decent xp( no I don't mean simply farming effigies, rather slaying after 99 for example, you know doing what you enjoy.)

Maybe maxing will become more respectable now.

No low FPS fix yet?... pfft. Can't do firecape thus can't do kiln thus lose out on bonus XP because of the shoddy code slowing the game down on what should be a high end computer... rubbish

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

- The drop rate of ancient effigies is now reduced, and will further decrease in accordance with the number of effigies that you have banked or in your inventory. If you have 5 or more ancient effigies, you will no longer receive them as drops until you possess 4 or fewer.

Once again, the part of the update that affects the most amount of people is stuck under the "in other news" section of the update. Do they really think we don't read the entire update notes? That they can just slide this stuff in and no one will notice?

I'm not even a member and I can see that this is a bad move. :wall:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

This sucks I got tons of effigies stored that I was saving to open my self. Now I got to assisst all of them or train those skills...

Anyways, I really want a pic of the new cape I guess no-one has got yet.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Yes, there are several methods involving relatively high combat level monsters combined with high kills per hour (cave crawlers, black demons) to get effigy rates of around 1-1.5/hr. This was common practice among players looking to achieve max stats.

I have horrible luck with effigies but also think this is an absolutely awful update, for reasons already covered.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Quick! Let's all hold our hands together, and sing Kum Bah Ya, my lord, and this land is your land.

In hopes for a perfect world.

Just saying that by your logic, effigies were never unbalanced, nor has any update ever been unbalanced.