14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework

Saradomin_Mage

I don't understand why you'd support this. Effigyscaping was a nice alternative to skills you had no desire to train, and it wasn't considerably faster. All this does is narrow the training options for players who can't open all effigies. I'm not an effigy farmer, but it's disappointing that I have to miss out on a lot of xp opening effigies through assists.

Inb4dontlikeitdontdoit

VsaJs.jpg

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an issue in that I can no longer get effigys while killing things. I want to earn ALL of the exp not a small portion of it going to me and the rest, almost 70k+ to other people because i do not have the requirements to open them and i do not want to simply waste them. So im stuck in a catch 22 where I want to train slayer but i cant train slayer because i need to open effigys in order to slay and earn effigy bonuses from slayer, but cant because i already have 5+... so i either train all these other skills or just dnt do anything, not to mention i dnt have the money or even close to the money needed to level up the skills i need to be self-sufficent.

Why not just make it so you can only get like 1 effigy per invent or something else?? This is just stupid

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

No low FPS fix yet?... pfft. Can't do firecape thus can't do kiln thus lose out on bonus XP because of the shoddy code slowing the game down on what should be a high end computer... rubbish

Are you lagging in tetris aswell?

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |
| 99 Hunter | 99 Farming | 99 Slayer |  Divination 99 | 115+ Dungeoneering |

Total Level: 2590+
Max Cape - Owner

I don't really see the big deal about the effigy thing.

People stopped training skills legitimately once effigies came out. Now they are butthurt that they don't have an easy way out of training skills.

No... It's Jagex's fault for making the game function this way. It makes absolutely no sense that I now have to go find someone with the required skills to open my effigies. This is a stupid update.

I put the blame on Jagex for creating Effigies in the first place. I am disappoint about the update too, but all I see is Jagex fixing a mistake they made long ago.

Except it doesn't fix that. People will still use effigies, they will just spare skills like slayer for after their 97 effigy skills. So it just makes more troublesome, without solving anything.

You have heard the phrase "Don't fix what isn't broken" right? Effigies were pretty broken, and they were fixed.

I agree that effigies turned this game in the wrong direction, since I think skills should be trained by doing them. However, my point is that this didn't fix effigies. I can still train my rc level by effigy-scaping, I just can't hoard effigies before I get the skills to do them. If they lowered the xp an effegy gives, made them more rare, or even took them out of the game, then it would be fixing the problem they created.

But they made it to where you can't go from 91 to 99 Runecrafting in 1 day using effigies.

See its stuff like this that makes me question whether you truly have any knowledge on what you are commenting on.

Because those skills suck yet you need them for various reasons.

It's done. Maxing = kaput. No way in hell I'm going to run around for hundreds of hours when I could kill stuff and still get decent xp( no I don't mean simply farming effigies, rather slaying after 99 for example, you know doing what you enjoy.)

Maybe maxing will become more respectable now.

I'm playing this game for fun not respect.

The problem is that nobody knew what would happen with Effigies a month or even a few months after their release. Not everyone is an Effigyscaper too, so about 95% of players are unaffected by this update and won't even know the difference.

That's ridiculous, just like you're saying 'effigyscapers' are 'butthurt' I could say you are, because you are a bit unlucky with effigy drops.

I'm not sure how many people get effigy drops at reasonable intervals, but it's definitely much more than 5%, given the popularity of Assist Clan, w117 Daemonheim and the number of people hunting cave crawlers etc.

This isn't about whether effigies should provide less xp. It's about the way of nerfing them. This way, everyone who has an effigy right now has to dump it ASAP to get the better xp rates. It basically penalizes you for playing the way the game was meant to be played. Because playing to achieve your goal is how the game is meant to be played.

I got my last effigy in November. Wanna know why? Like MOST people who play Runescape, I do NOT farm them. My life of Runescape does not revolve around spamming cavecrawlers so I can level agility. I could care less about effigies because I hardly ever get them doing the things I enjoy in Runescape. I'm sorry if you are still mad and all about Runescape not being fun anymore because it just got a little more challenging for you.

Before mummies, I hadn't received an effigy since last May only because I wasn't training combat. At least there are only a few skills that I need to work on before I work on slayer.

Personally, I think Jagex will change this. This screws over people who have effigies from slayer and don't like skilling like crazy before slayer.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

It's done. Maxing = kaput. No way in hell I'm going to run around for hundreds of hours when I could kill stuff and still get decent xp( no I don't mean simply farming effigies, rather slaying after 99 for example, you know doing what you enjoy.)

And if you do not find Runecrafting fun, then why train it? (with effigies or conventional methods)

The problem is that nobody knew what would happen with Effigies a month or even a few months after their release. Not everyone is an Effigyscaper too, so about 95% of players are unaffected by this update and won't even know the difference.

That's ridiculous, just like you're saying 'effigyscapers' are 'butthurt' I could say you are, because you are a bit unlucky with effigy drops.

I'm not sure how many people get effigy drops at reasonable intervals, but it's definitely much more than 5%, given the popularity of Assist Clan, w117 Daemonheim and the number of people hunting cave crawlers etc.

This isn't about whether effigies should provide less xp. It's about the way of nerfing them. This way, everyone who has an effigy right now has to dump it ASAP to get the better xp rates. It basically penalizes you for playing the way the game was meant to be played. Because playing to achieve your goal is how the game is meant to be played.

I got my last effigy in November. Wanna know why? Like MOST people who play Runescape, I do NOT farm them. My life of Runescape does not revolve around spamming cavecrawlers so I can level agility. I could care less about effigies because I hardly ever get them doing the things I enjoy in Runescape. I'm sorry if you are still mad and all about Runescape not being fun anymore because it just got a little more challenging for you.

Before mummies, I hadn't received an effigy since last May only because I wasn't training combat. At least there are only a few skills that I need to work on before I work on slayer.

Personally, I think Jagex will change this. This screws over people who have effigies from slayer and don't like skilling like crazy before slayer.

The change would be a lot more tolerable if they make it so that effigies from slayer are not affected as currently it affects slayer the most. Tasks which were good are now bad because you cannot use effigies as a justification to do them.

Hey all,

There will be a system update in approximately 30 minutes time. This will be to fix some issues with logging in via Facebook and certain trading problems.

The fix for crashing whilst right-clicking stacks of items is known and a fix is currently being worked on, and will be released in a separate system update.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Mod Easty

Let down. And I got excited that Jagex were going to reverse their horrible decision...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

No low FPS fix yet?... pfft. Can't do firecape thus can't do kiln thus lose out on bonus XP because of the shoddy code slowing the game down on what should be a high end computer... rubbish

Are you lagging in tetris aswell?

Was that supposed to be a joke? I'm not lagging, my ping averages about 28, its poor game performance I have. I click and the action happens immediately I just don't see anything happen until several ticks later. This means prayer switching is imposible and its very difficult to see jads attacks. No I don't lag in Tetris.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Hey all,

There will be a system update in approximately 30 minutes time. This will be to fix some issues with logging in via Facebook and certain trading problems.

The fix for crashing whilst right-clicking stacks of items is known and a fix is currently being worked on, and will be released in a separate system update.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Mod Easty

Let down. And I got excited that Jagex were going to reverse their horrible decision...

Horrible decision because now people have to craft runes to train rune crafting? What?

LOL

And if you do not find Runecrafting fun, then why train it? (with effigies or conventional methods)

People have goals in this game which range from maxing to completionist cape, why is this such a hard concept to understand?

People have goals in this game which range from maxing to completionist cape, why is this such a hard concept to understand?

And if they are true and sincere about getting that goal, then they will just have to suck it up and train that skill that they hate.

I mean, I was furious when they removed the trade limit (a huge update just like this effigy nerf), but I moved on. I got over it, and I suggest that you do the same.

Inb4dontlikeitdontdoit

I posted this a few pages back.

It is hard to see, for them, from dem Tearz.

Hehe I maxed out using effigies a while back. Have fun skilling chumps!

This is entirly the reason they shouldn't of ever changed it.

Win for maxed players, salty for everyone else with the possible exception of people with goals past 99 (i.e. 200M exp)

I do not know what's more sad. The fact that you are crying about changes that are actually good, Or the fact that you seem jelous of people who are 200M, many of which gained it from EasyScape.

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |
| 99 Hunter | 99 Farming | 99 Slayer |  Divination 99 | 115+ Dungeoneering |

Total Level: 2590+
Max Cape - Owner