Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Effigy nerf

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
As a side note, the consequences have made ganodermic beast hunting drop off, causing the price of ganodermic items to greatly rise in price.

Anyway, Jagex may make the rules, but they will never be able to actually CONTROL things to their intentions, except by heavyhanded force, and even then, it just causes more things to happen in other areas. They need to watch their step...

8f14270694.jpg

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

As a side note, the consequences have made ganodermic beast hunting drop off, causing the price of ganodermic items to greatly rise in price.

Anyway, Jagex may make the rules, but they will never be able to actually CONTROL things to their intentions, except by heavyhanded force, and even then, it just causes more things to happen in other areas. They need to watch their step...

I don't like how players tell Jagex to watch their step... At least in offensive tones (not sure if that was your case actually). Honestly in your case mentioned it is a good thing for higher leveled slayers with the change in ganodermic beast drops because many players expected the higher end slayer drops from the ganodermic beasts to be more profitable than they are now. The cost of polypore spores, ganoderic flakes and the sticks are appalling. I've been camping there because the slayer-specific drops are in a contending rank with the flakes and I will about 2m+ an hour in drops.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

rudes7
[ Display Name History ]

rudes7

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 133 posts

I don't like how players tell Jagex to watch their step... At least in offensive tones (not sure if that was your case actually). Honestly in your case mentioned it is a good thing for higher leveled slayers with the change in ganodermic beast drops because many players expected the higher end slayer drops from the ganodermic beasts to be more profitable than they are now. The cost of polypore spores, ganoderic flakes and the sticks are appalling. I've been camping there because the slayer-specific drops are in a contending rank with the flakes and I will about 2m+ an hour in drops.

+1 I do believe that effigies weren't intended to be an alternative method of training when they were released, we can survive :P

BubbleKuffer
[ Display Name History ]

BubbleKuffer

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RSN:BubbleKuffer
1) was this necessary? Yes
2) are effigies in the spirit of the game? No
3) do you agree with the way jagex implemented their nerf? No
Despite having collected quite a few myself, I think it would've been better if they were removed entirely (though preferably never brought into the game). For everyone saying "of course maxers don't want effigies, they already used them to max", I maxed well before effigies and never camped them as a source to train, they simply came from slayer. Also, for the people saying runecrafting needs to be fixed, w/e lol.
Posted Image

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte

1) Was this necessary?

Sadly, and as much as it pains me to admit it, yes – it was necessary. I, too, am guilty of using, and encouraging others to use, the Effigyscape method of training.

2) Are effigies in the spirit of the game?

I am not sure what one means by “in the spirit of the game”. :unsure:

If, “in the spirit of the game”, you mean, did Jagex put sufficient thought into what would happen, once people started figuring out how they could manipulate the game to their advantage, in order to maximize the number of effigies they’d receive and store, and thereafter, did they give any forethought as to what would happen if, as and when such persons would cash in all those effigies in one go?

Is that what you mean? If so – isn’t that merely a rhetorical question?

:lol:

3) Do you agree with the way Jagex implemented their nerf?

Hell no. This has all the signs of a classic “closing the barn door …” scenario. To suddenly switch the situation around in this manner, without warning, indicates that someone, somewhere, got caught with their pants down and, as a result, they lashed out irrationally and severely at everyone because of it.

There were better ways to deal with this – other solutions could have easily been implemented within the same time frame.

nyuseg.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users