Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Effigy nerf

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

enfield
[ Display Name History ]

enfield

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:realitybugll
umm I'm just wondering how reduced is reduced. .

CZ_TOH
[ Display Name History ]

CZ_TOH

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 43 posts
To me I only have a qualm about not being able to stack them, because I actually wanted to get those skill levels by doing strange rocks every week so i can open my own effigies

Should have just put a hard limit on the effigies, something like 1 reading or 30k exp daily

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
They can help the situation they have made by allowing you to assist for more than 30k exp per day. However, after the initial 30k exp, you gain no experience through assisting.

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin

They can help the situation they have made by allowing you to assist for more than 30k exp per day. However, after the initial 30k exp, you gain no experience through assisting.

That would make people pay high levels to assist their effigies, because honestly I'm not going to stand at Daemonheim assisting people for no reward.

@Infinity: You brush off Vex in the same way you tried to brush off Muggi. Truth is, they are both more important to the community than you, and their opinion carries more weight at least with me.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Turnpike
[ Display Name History ]

Turnpike

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • RSN:Turnpikes
  • Clan:PvMS
I'm not sure they handled it well by side-lining it with the "In other news..."

I do believe this will push some, if not most players away from camping for them in the attempt to max. I've liked Effigies, but I felt like they were far too common and absurd.

Turnpikes.png

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

That would make people pay high levels to assist their effigies, because honestly I'm not going to stand at Daemonheim assisting people for no reward.

Well no, but you would assist a friend who needed one done. (unless you are just *that* efficient or cold hearted)

Also, it would also reward those people with high rc/herb/smithing exp with a little money if people were to pay them for assists.

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis
Guys the hostility is kind of getting out of hand. You can disagree with each other but try to do it in more respectful and less cut throat terms.
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

gems
[ Display Name History ]

gems

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • RSN:Amethyst Gem

umm I'm just wondering how reduced is reduced. .

Only thing about this issue that I care about.
I created a new account following the tip it hack thing as I was unable to retrieve my old account due to it being registered with an email address that ceased to exist in 2007.

My previous username was Amethyst Gem

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
A combat player is forced to do many non combat skills to get their hands on Completionist cape (the best stats cape),
But when a combat player kills monsters for effigies to level RC through effigies - it's wrong?

TELL ME : How is it in the spirit of Combat to level skills you don't like to get your hands on a Cape that you want?

I find it hypocritical that EFfigies drop rate and cap has been put.

It takes 1) time to get Effigies and 2) Time to open them (whether that be boost or not).
I certainly used over 5min+ sometimes to open a effigy with boost. (Spicy stews).

With 5 Effigies cap ull have less effigies requiring same skill and level.
So you use between 3 to 10min to open ONE effigy. Not to mention if you get your 5th Effigy you might want to cancel what your doing if you want to keep on getting effigies.

J35u5_M4
[ Display Name History ]

J35u5_M4

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • RSN:J35u5 M4
  • Clan:True Maxed
Well, not being able to have more than 5 is good imo, people could just use over 100 effigies in one day and get a most XP in X skill in a day record without actually training the skill, thus taking the previous #1 spot away from someone who got it 'legit'

But reducing the chance after each effigy? Totally unnecesary. The 5 effigy cap was fine.

And I guess the nerf was necesary after the combat level update

Posted Image

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
"Before it gets worse" was SIX MONTHS A YEAR AGO.

This is too late, and happens to be actually worse than never, now that all these players already have had the advantage of them. Players who weren't fighting high level monsters or weren't able to now won't have this benefit, putting the other players that much more ahead of them.

8f14270694.jpg

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts

Well, not being able to have more than 5 is good imo, people could just use over 100 effigies in one day and get a most XP in X skill in a day record without actually training the skill, thus taking the previous #1 spot away from someone who got it 'legit'

But reducing the chance after each effigy? Totally unnecesary. The 5 effigy cap was fine.

They could fix the game in a way that Effigies don't affect your highscore.
They don't have to ruin effigies

The_Fray
[ Display Name History ]

The_Fray

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Rook

Problem is we can do nothing anymore to fix this as 2 years of effigy hoarding has already taken over the records page.

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox
I don't think it was entirely needed. I can understand why mummies were nerfed. They were just way too easy. All you had to do was stand there, without clicking, and get effigies at a pretty damn decent rate. I was averaging more than 1 per hour.
What i don't understand is why Effigies as a whole got nerfed. To collect Effigies fast enough to make them an efficient alternative to training some of the slower skills you had to either:
a). Do something with that requires a high APM (Glacors/TDS) and have decent equipment to do so, or
b). Do something that required a lot of money (Cave Crawlers).

Either of these two would take a lot of work to get to the stage where you can efficiently do them. Making the money, doing the quests, etc.
Being so close to Max, planning everything out with the mind that i would have been using Effigies for a lot of the exp i still needed, this might be a bit of a setback.

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
Honestly didn't need the max cap of 5.. Just say can't open more than 5-6 final stages of effigy every few hrs.

The drop rate needed to be nerfed IMO, but not much. The bank cap is lame, though it does mean more people getting free assist xp..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

zoth01
[ Display Name History ]

zoth01

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • RSN:skiller11101
I like this update. Many players who got 99 rc feel like they were being joked at since a person could just go and kill glacors. Twice the fun, twice the profit, twice the exp.
One thing is getting through slayer: yes I like that idea, but the fact that you make them even better than actually training the skill. And don't say it's still runecrafting, you're not doing anything about runecrafting to get xp on it.

But tbh, I blame jagex on this. They should have been more careful when they implemented them, especially since they offer way high xp rewards (if you don't assist). But this was getting out of hand, people thinking that effigying a skill was legit. Guess what, it is, but it ruins the spirit of the game and only promotes more and more pvm. So yes, good job jagex.

Posted Image

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RSN:The Ancient
Bosses ruined with this update:
Glacors
Miths
Zammy
Ganoderms

GG 4 repeatable batches of content
GG motivation to max
GG years of subscription
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

DRUMINATOR17
[ Display Name History ]

DRUMINATOR17

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Bosses ruined with this update:
Glacors
Miths
Zammy
Ganoderms

Define Ruined?
CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK
Posted Image
Posted Image
List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RSN:The Ancient
Inefficient / useless to hunt
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
My interaction with effigies is pretty limited. To be honest, I hate them because I hate getting them opened (I only have 2 skills that can open them, so I always need at least two assists). That said, I have a friend who has been keeping all their construction effigies for me, and I've been using them to gain some extra xp. The current arrangement allowed him to get get one or two a day, and considering the starting stock pile, I was set for 30k con xp a day for another week or two at least (already been doing this for two now), and probably 1 or 2 a day every day after that until he decided to kill something else.

He gets enough a day that he might need to try and seek out other assisters for that skill, though I suppose con effigies are really easy to find if I want to take the time, so I'l live.

My real beef is the timing. People have been stockpiling effigies pretty much since they came out, and they are only now deciding they want to do something about it? Its a little late for that. If its going to be ruled that this was a problem, then it should have been fixed on the same week Jagex figured out people were hording them, not a year later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users