Attempted hacking twice in 10 minutes

Drazhor

So I was logged in and doing a clue scroll and walking out of yanille when I just insta-logged out, thought nothing of it as it could have been 6 hour auto-log.

Went to log back in and it said my account was locked. I fully panicked and went to recover account and got it back within 4 minutes. I logged back in on the changed password and I was at the GE with all my money in my inventory.

So I go again to do the clue and another minute or 2 later the same thing happens, this time I recover it within a minute and I was back at the GE on the same spot.

I ran a quick virus scan and there isn't anything showing up, so does anybody have any idea what's going on? I changed the password for my email and for RS into passes i've never used before.

I changed my recovery questions too.

Anybody else help me out more?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

In addition to changing your passwords (change them again if they're not random numbers, letters, and for your e-mail - symbols), you should also change your recoveries (for RS and e-mail). Your recoveries should also be random numbers, letters, and symbols, instead of legit answers that can be farmed from profiles/social media sites. And if the e-mail address linked to your RuneScape account is not Gmail with two step verification, make it that. Also make sure you're using a bank PIN and that it's set to take 7 days to remove. For the next few days (until this person gets tired of trying to recover your account), keep all your valuables in the bank and all your money in your money pouch.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Chances are it could be a keylogger in that case? Try asking some friends or post yourself the RSOF and ask your account to be locked. This happened to me few weeks ago, and I got some friends and p-mods to post on my behalf and that resulted in my account being locked from the hackers.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Seems that I cannot get into my email account now, even with the new pass...

And for some reason my recovery questions aren't working either...WTH?

If you still have access to your RuneScape account change the e-mail associated with it now. To Gmail, with two step verification :P

If necessary I can post on the RSOF for you if you need to get your account locked.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Just got kicked off again, took longer getting account back due to having to use an alternative address.

they sold my bandos and were about to sell the rest :(

I'm giving my stuff to a friend to keep hold of for a while till i get this sorted.

Or is there any way i can get a Jmod to lock my account until i contact them again or so?

EAVnEYl.png

It would have been better to store everything in your bank with a bank PIN and get your account locked. You can do that by posting on a thread in the RSOF (one of the account help forums) in the sticky called "I've been hijacked" or something.

EDIT: Posted for you.

Posted Image

It would have been better to store everything in your bank with a bank PIN and get your account locked. You can do that by posting on a thread in the RSOF (one of the account help forums) in the sticky called "I've been hijacked" or something.

EDIT: Posted for you.

Quick find code: 275-276-10-62906860

Edit: Oops didn't see your edit.

Thank you so much for this, I'm useless when it comes to something like this as it hasn't happened before!

Changed the email address linked to my account too so that may help in the longrun..

EAVnEYl.png

Account was just locked; about half an hour too late.

The guy dropped my chaotics :(

Did you have a bank PIN set?

Posted Image

The only way someone can get past your pin is if someone knows it (and you've been hacked by someone you're familiar with, which might fit into the idea of someone recovering your account) or if it's a really aggressive type of keylogger that takes pictures of the screen at certain intervals (for example: everytime you click a mouse button, such as when you insert your pin).

Most keyloggers are variations of a basic version that only captures keystrokes (and can't capture mouseclicks, such as when you insert your pin). An easy way to counter most keyloggers (apart from account and general internet security, of course) is by using the on-screen keyboard to insert your password (available in start - all programs - accessories - ease of access/accessability).

Keyloggers that can capture images are more complex than the basic version and as such are rather rare, most hackers wouldn't bother with that unless they're really out to get you. The 'dropping chaotics' thing fits into this as well - most hackers wouldn't care enough to go to such drastic lengths. Is there any chance someone would be looking to screw you over?

In any case I'd strongly advise a virus-scan as soon as possible. If it's a keylogger you'll want to get rid of it as quickly as you can.

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to do Nothing. (Edmund Burke)

Chaotics gone, 3.8k green charms gone and my ddefs gone...

Nothing that can't be replaced thankfully.

Every piece of info i have is changed and computer is scanned, all sorted

EAVnEYl.png