Attempted hacking twice in 10 minutes

Drazhor

That's just awful, don't worry too much about chaotics, with your dg level you will be able to get them fast enough. If you plan on maxing out, you had to dg anyway. Good job getting all your stuff transferred to a friend though, at least you manage to save some money that way. For now though if you can stop using the computer you are currently using, and use another one to change all the passwords to everything from facebook to all emails. Virus scan and make sure your computer is completely clean before using it to Scape again. I have been hacked as well so I know how it feels(they didnt get my pin though), its a bit of a bummer but you will get over it.

That sucks .. I'm sorry to hear. :(

A similiar thing happened to me a year ago when I got hacked. The hacker kept accessing all of my e-mail addresses and even went on my Windows Live Messenger (while I was signed in!!) and started talking to me and my friends .. Not a fun experience.

Luckily he wasn't able to get into my bank so no harm was done, but for a few months after I used the on-screen keyboard to enter my password. Paranoid much. :rolleyes:

Since then I've made all my e-mail addresses private and taken random passwords/recoveries for everything. You should get Gmail if you haven't already.

Did you run AVG, Malwarebytes, Mcaffee, Advanced System care, avast!, etc? If you take backups on your computer, you could go back a few weeks .. Activating your UAC box through Control Panel, etc are just some ways to keep your computer more secure. Make sure you run a full scan, not just a quick one, and run multiple ones.

That they managed to get through your pin sucks. I hope it wasn't someone that you knew, and are friends with. :(

Make sure your e-mail address connected to your RS account is NOT used with anything else and is completely random and that your recoveries are random numbers and letters that you have written down and stored in a safe place.

Did you manage to get the IP address of the hacker? You could track it, find out where they live .. Maybe nearby .. :twisted:

Good luck on getting your chaotics back .. If you need anymore help, let me know. :)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

They were using a hidden IP, I couldn't find it whenever I logged in, though I have an email account that they left on my gmail account...the [bleep].

HE claimed to be a student from Norwhich...

Would it be too much to go about kneecapping every 18/19 year old in Norwhich?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Yeah I realize they were probably lying; though just to warn you all, remove ALL information from your tif account, I think that may be how he decided me as mines had my email address.

EAVnEYl.png

Someone had stolen my old windows live account and my skype about a week ago and then tried to change my password on tif. Thankfully I had already switched the stuff over and none of it was associated with anything any more, but it's still rather annoying.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

but for a few months after I used the on-screen keyboard to enter my password. Paranoid much. :rolleyes:

This is no different than using a physical keyboard. It raises the exact same input events. There is a reason it is called an assessability feature and not a security feature.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

General tips:

• Ideally, never ever use the same password on more than one website. If that's not realistic for you, at least use different passwords for your e-mail, your RuneScape account, and fan sites. Fan sites get hacked all the time. If you use the same password there as your RuneScape account, you're finished. If you use the same password there as your e-mail, they'll get into your e-mail and then recover your RS account via e-mail.

• All of your passwords should be lengthy and complex. Do not use dictionary words or anything containing personal information. Passwords like "ilovecats" or "chocolate" or your birthday are NOT good passwords. A good password should contain numbers, letters, and if possible - symbols. The longer the password, the better.

• Use Gmail and use two-step verification. Hosts like Hotmail are not good! Unless it has been changed more recently, Hotmail has very poor security and does not protect very well against brute force attacks. Gmail's two step verification system is invaluable!

• Do not use legitimate recoveries. Recovery questions set us up to be hacked. All of the questions can easily be figured out through your online profiles, social media sites, blog posts, etc. With a few searches, most people can easily figure out your home town, your best friend, your first school, your mother's maiden name, etc. Your recovery answers should be like additional passwords. Example:

What is your mother's maiden name?
    H<[qh3g[3Psds4658jhd

• Use a bank PIN! Honestly if you don't use one, I have very little sympathy for you if you get hacked. There is no reason not to. Use a bank PIN, set it to take 7 days to be removed, store all your valuables before logging, and it will save your items!

• Do not fall for phishing scams. Jagex will never e-mail you to say you've received an infraction on your account, etc. There is never any reason to click on a link in an e-mail to RuneScape.com. If you need to visit the website, type in the URL yourself.

• Do not tell anyone your e-mail address or give out any other contact information unless you have to. Don't list this information on any fan site profiles.

• Install a good virus scanner and run it at least once a week (full scan - NOT a quick scan!).

• Don't visit sketchy websites or download files from people you don't know.

• If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. People often post YouTube videos and in the description say something like:

Giving away 100M! Just sign into the RSOF and post on my thread! <link>

And then include a link to what LOOKS like the RSOF but really isn't. It will actually lead you to a fake RuneScape login page that will steal your password if you try to login.

• Do not run any untrusted Java applets.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Done all of them now thankfully, I'm going to have to get another anti-virus program though as I have Norton atm and it sucks.

Hoping this is the last of it!

EAVnEYl.png

Searched the email address that I found left on my Gmail account, got an IP address and searched it's location; shows up as "Google Inc" in California...what? :L

EDIT: Just realized that it searched for where the @gmail part of the address was located...and I wonder how I was hacked.

EAVnEYl.png

Personally I find using both Microsoft Security essentials and Malwarebytes keeps things rather secure. I'd recommend downloading both of them as they are both free and have incredibly good reputations.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^