2012 Music

Kalphite

Yeah I've heard February 1878, and it was just as awesome. I mean I love all of their albums but I'm glad they're going back to their older stuff, I feel like It's All Crazy was their weakest album.

And I haven't been able to find a decent quality leak of Blunderbuss yet but its getting pretty good reviews from the music sites I go to, for what its worth.

Yeah I have the Sigur Ros album downloaded and unplayed, probably should get to that lol. That Death Grips album is awesome though.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So has anyone listened to Jack White's Blunderbuss? I'm planning on buying it soon when I have some money, and I'm really curious how it is. Is it similar to his other projects (like Sixteen Saltines, one of the two songs I've heard, had a strong White Stripes vibe to it) or is it mostly different from his other stuff like Love Interruption was?

I found this review helpful. Really got me looking forward to it.

http://www.antiquiet.com/reviews/2012/04/jack-white-concretes-the-legend-on-blunderbuss/

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Sigur Ros' album Valtari leaked, and even though it's really bad quality I enjoyed it. It's my favorite album of the year so far and I'm looking forward to the official release with good quality. Would pre-order my LP but I'm waiting to see what kind of special edition will come out.

Other contendors: Vaura - Selenelion and Death Grips - The Money Store.

I'm trying so hard not to listen to the Sigur Ros leak. I think I might cave ;/

The new Tenacious D album's streaming here if anyone's interested. Just started listening to it but it seems like a pretty standard D album so far.

Also, mewithoutYou are streaming a new song here. I don't think I've ever been this excited about an album before.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I know I post about them a lot haha, but the new mewithoutYou album's leaked (will be paying for it once it actually comes out, because they're unsigned and paid for it out of their own money). Anyway I'm halfway through my second listen to it and it's phenomenal. I can't see myself listening to much else for the next couple of months.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I know I post about them a lot haha, but the new mewithoutYou album's leaked (will be paying for it once it actually comes out, because they're unsigned and paid for it out of their own money). Anyway I'm halfway through my second listen to it and it's phenomenal. I can't see myself listening to much else for the next couple of months.

They're unsigned now? I thought they were on Tooth and Nail for some reason. Regardless, thanks for posting, about to be all over that.

Also, I Like Trains has released a really good post-punk album a couple weeks back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5BcS5TFHWU

They're unsigned now? I thought they were on Tooth and Nail for some reason. Regardless, thanks for posting, about to be all over that.

Yeah they used to be, think they left after their last album. I can't get over how much I love Ten Stories lol.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

2012 has been a VERY good year for trance so far (and to some extenct, to house and prog house). So many new hits, plus march being the ASOT 550 month, which btw, has been the best asot celebration so far, Armin closing at the UMF, etc... I feel overwhelmed with music this year, so much material coming out on a daily basis. Also been a massive year for trance vocalists and new talets, such as Christina Novelli. Overall, this has been the best year for trance so far, and is not even half way there.

Summary of ASOT 550 events:

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

2012 has been a VERY good year for trance so far (and to some extenct, to house and prog house). So many new hits, plus march being the ASOT 550 month, which btw, has been the best asot celebration so far, Armin closing at the UMF, etc... I feel overwhelmed with music this year, so much material coming out on a daily basis. Also been a massive year for trance vocalists and new talets, such as Christina Novelli. Overall, this has been the best year for trance so far, and is not even half way there.

What are some good trance albums that have come out this year? I've been curious to try the genre but I don't really know anything about it aside from a couple of psytrance acts (basically just Infected Mushroom, Hallucinogen, and Shpongle).

What are some good trance albums that have come out this year? I've been curious to try the genre but I don't really know anything about it aside from a couple of psytrance acts (basically just Infected Mushroom, Hallucinogen, and Shpongle).

WKND by Ferry Corsten, #musiclife by Dash Berlin, etc... More than looking for complete albums, you should check the lastest ASOT episodes for all the new stuff. There's also A LOT of trance radio shows by pretty much any trance dj, you should listen to the trance channel of di.fm during wednesdays-fridays for the best shows: ASOT, Corsten's countdown, global dj broadcast, TATW, etc...

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

WKND by Ferry Corsten, #musiclife by Dash Berlin, etc... More than looking for complete albums, you should check the lastest ASOT episodes for all the new stuff. There's also A LOT of trance radio shows by pretty much any trance dj, you should listen to the trance channel of di.fm during wednesdays-fridays for the best shows: ASOT, Corsten's countdown, global dj broadcast, TATW, etc...

Thanks, I'll check those albums out but I much prefer that format to listening to smatterings of radio clips, which I realize isn't exactly ideal for electronic music but it gets annoying for me having to switch between two song singles every five minutes when I can just play an album and let it go for a while. But thanks nonetheless, I might check those out sometime.

For anyone that likes Indie Pop, The Neighbourhood released a pretty great EP for free on their website here. Here's the single (my favorite off the ep):

• 1 month later...

Debut album, progressive metal/post-hardcore or something. The guitarists were trained by A.J. Minette of The Human Abstract.

so beautiful and so damn rare

fuuchan.gif

Heard the new Ihsahn album and it's my favorite of the year so far.

Other "Top" albums:

Jesu - s/t (2012 Remaster)

Krzysztof Penderecki & Jonny Greenwood Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima

Lambchop - Mr. M

Sigur Ros - Valtari

Spiritualized - Sweet Heart Sweet Light

• 1 month later...

I listened to the song Little Talks and liked it a lot. So I'm downloading My Head Is an Animal.

Also, I know this is a bit late, but Sigur Ros' Valtari is amazing.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I listened to the song Little Talks and liked it a lot. So I'm downloading My Head Is an Animal.

Also, I know this is a bit late, but Sigur Ros' Valtari is amazing.

Valtari is amazing. Sigur Ros is one of those bands you can count on to produce a great record, no matter what. There are very few bands that have that kind of consistency.

Sort of enthused about the 2nd Law (Muse) but not thrilled with the trailer. The first single off it is pretty good though. Considered Some Nights but got Aim & Ignite instead. I am partial to We are Young though. I think ? Snow Patrol had a new album out earlier this year, I've got it and it's great. Otherwise it's their most recent one.

Next time I've got Amazon cards I'll get Foxy Shazam though. Like their stuff a lot.