Tip.It Times - 26th February 2012

tripsis

several Jagex people said at RuneFest that getting rid of the bots would eventually free up some hands... It may not have happened yet, but it will eventually...

I'd be interested in reading the transcript from that supposed interview. And since it is impossible for them to ever finish these bot battles, I don't think your 'eventually' will ever come - not while we're playing at least.

And by less lag I meant that your screen will look like its frozen for a bit when one yew tree is cut down and all bots move to the next... This being one of many examples, of course...

...what? Do you have any of these other 'many examples' because I'm afraid I don't think your primary one fits the description you're hoping for.

I realize we're getting off topic but I'm having trouble believing your reasoning.

hzvjpwS.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, there was no such interview to be transcribed...

It was just me having a conversation with one of the many jagex people that were at RuneFest, the very possibility of having such opportunities amazed me :)

As for the lag bit, anyone with a slight understanding how compters etc work, knows that servers with 1200 people and/or bots on it is laggier than if it has 200...

So yeah, it didn't fit the description... It's a good thing that I still use pen and paper to write my articles before I type em out, otherwise I'd have been fired long ago :P

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Ya I still don't know why a server capped at 2k people lags when some other games have servers with 10x that on at a time with no lag.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]