Ace of Spades

Hugger_88

Boxes around the tent? That's odd. Boxes around the intel work on flat maps for delaying the enemy, but on some maps, it actually helps diggers get the intel.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Boxes around the tent? That's odd. Boxes around the intel work on flat maps for delaying the enemy, but on some maps, it actually helps diggers get the intel.

I mean shit like this:

wtffc.png

The front lines are halfway across the map and people spend manpower on building these big bunkers near our camp, which will never be assaulted because we got our flanks covered.

So we need a little bit more manpower to make a push onto enemy territory, but nope. They're all too busy Minecrafting or making penises or something.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Sounds like you're getting mad at them for having fun.

That's not the point of the game and they're ruining my fun. So who's more right here? People who play Ace of Spades to play Ace of Spades or people who play Ace of Spades to play Minecraft's Creative Mode?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Half of the game is building structures. The whole point of playing this game is to play a minecraft/fps hybrid. I'm sure there's people who play the game without building anything at all, do you get mad at them for not making defensive structures? Do you get mad at people for just shooting other players and not actively trying to grab the intel?

In the pic you showed, atleast they have created towers that might help cover someone trying to cap the intel.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

The point of the game is to fight in a battle and structures to help in that regard. Building a three-tiered bunker with only 1 window being filled is a complete waste of time and manpower. Not to mention, it is not helping at all with the battle at hand.

The map this screenshot was taken is in Pinpoint. If you're not familiar with the map, here is a quick stetch:

pinpoint.png

The main level is the ground floor, so there's no worry of sappers. We're surrounded by red water. We can defend both flanks (left and right) AND maintain a frontal line of fire when we focus our structures and men towards the enemy base. There is NO possible way of flanking around in this map, so what's the point of covering the intel? The only time I can justify defenses around the intel, is when they push us back. But with players who play the game barely holding the front, only if we failed would those defenses be needed - which will NOT happen IF the Minecrafters helped out in the front line instead of making box buildings with no strategic value.

Don't get me started on the people who draw words and stuff so they can be visible on the map. Unless it's an intel disguse (which was an awesome idea), penises or spelling BLUE SUCKS adds no benefit to the team.

The point of this game is to help the team achieve the goal. I'm sorry for being so anal about it, but what some people are doing just isn't helpful at all.

siggy3s.jpg

True, but the draw of building is too much. Even I've made the odd useless structure just for fun. I will destroy any offensive drawing people make such as penises and swastikas, but most of the time I leave them to it. Makes it more of a challenge for me, the game is usually too easy otherwise.

Aloha have taken their Tug of war server offline, which was by far my fave server.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Ugh, I hate it when a teammate "helps out" by "improving" my wall.

"Lets add silts and a roof! That totally won't be a giant "HERE BE YE ENEMY SNIPER" sign!"

siggy3s.jpg

"Lets add silts and a roof! That totally won't be a giant "HERE BE YE ENEMY SNIPER" sign!"

I think you might be taking this game a little bit too seriously.

• Like 1

I think you might be taking this game a little bit too seriously.

You'd be glad to know those are my two complaints about the game.

1) Useless structures

2) Modifing my good structure into a useless one

Both, player-based problems mind you. The game itself is great, but I feel I should write a guide or something to make people more aware how to build good structures that harness surprise, mobility, and firepower. I mean, not every wall NEEDS windows or a roof: windows just give out your position to the enemy. Instead, having a flat 2-high wall gives the enemy no indication where you are besides somewhere behind the wall. Then you can move around and keep the enemy second-guessing where you'd pop out from. NOT to say bunkers aren't useful, in maps like Pinpoint they are godly. But not EVERY defensive wall needs them, you know?

I know I look like I'm ranting a lot, but some players just do some of the illogical, dumbest things sometimes and it ruins the game experience for me.

siggy3s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the most annoying game of Tug Of War. The TOW server seems to be full of people doing, well, god knows what at the moment. We had a 10v10 game going, but there only seemed to be 2 people from my team actually attacking, and about 4 of the enemy. 4-5 of my team were going the opposite direction and building crap, the others were afk. the same went for the other team too. But because they had more actually attacking, we didn't stand a chance.

It's seriously started to frustrate me that there seems to be more non-players than actual players now. People will go off and randomly explore the map for [bleep] knows what reason, or go off in a group and build a random structure miles from either base or the battles. I honestly wish I was an admin and could simpl tell them to play or to [bleep] off.

zqXeV.jpg

• 6 months later...

They have apparently owned it in secret for about a year, and started absorbing the developers right around the time updates stopped...

zqXeV.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They have apparently owned it in secret for about a year, and started absorbing the developers right around the time updates stopped...

Typical. I'm disappointed by this, everything outside Runescape Jagex has worked on seems to have failed miserably.

• 1 month later...

First class video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuTsuOLQJ2Y

I'm conflicted; I love the idea of classes but I worry that they're borrowing too much from Team Fortress.

Also, I'm very disappointed in what this video revealed. I had assumed Jagex was simply publishing the game, allowing the original creator to continue doing his thing, but it looks like they're putting their damned fingers all over it.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

I share your concern that they are taking a little too much from TF2. And y'know, we're all too easy to judge games from Jagex because they have a history of crapping up their games but the Ace of Spades before Jagex era was fun and this looks like it'll be fun too. Seen as though they're adding classes, I hope they're all balanced. Waiting for other videos to be posted before judging fully.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I first heard about Ace of Spades on /v/. It looked interesting, well the building/FPS team based combat idea did anyway, but the gameplay was incredibly bare bones and the graphics were awful to the point of nausea induction (protip: never look straight down). Glad to see it's getting more attention.

I went to see /v/'s reaction to the new direction the game is headed expecting a shitstorm, and I got a shitstorm. Oh well. /v/ popularized the game, and now they hate it. I feel like this has happened before...

• Like 1

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

How are people playing this game? I visited the site, registered my email/user and am now at a complete loss. The servers won't open or go to untitled tabs on my browser, and nowhere on the main page does it mention where to download if i have to. All it seems to mention is it's coming to steam soon, but the severs are already full so is there an alternate way to download?

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

How are people playing this game? I visited the site, registered my email/user and am now at a complete loss. The servers won't open or go to untitled tabs on my browser, and nowhere on the main page does it mention where to download if i have to. All it seems to mention is it's coming to steam soon, but the severs are already full so is there an alternate way to download?

The game is actually closed until release on the 12th dec.

zqXeV.jpg

Hmmm I may give it a try when it reopens. I stopped playing due to all the hacking that took place. I'd log into a server and just get headshotted on spawn 50 times in a row. I also hope griefing is a little harder, it was frustrating making a defensive structure and having a teammate immediately bring it down.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Will it be F2P or have to pay 20 or so dollars from the start?

I'm not sure if the price has been revealed yet. It will be a purchase, 'small fee' is what has been said so far.

zqXeV.jpg