• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!! Dragon Claws ~ Lucky Bum...

I myself got a small lamp and 10k..... <_<

[hide=D claws]

waqetf.jpg

[/hide]

So when someone wins a "lucky" prize it gets broadcasted to the server as well. So is it safe to assume when someone gets a good drop it will be broadcasted as well? or too soon to assume?

But wow, bet that guy is feelin pretty good about that.

I had a chance to win an ely :o

I doubt the chance is high at all, but i wanna see people with screenshots of them getting epic prizes, stat! (I got less than 11k in 2 spins. >.>)

11k? still better than my 150. just 150 no k lol 11k seems to be more luck than most people on this topic

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

It still looks like something that could be incredibly easily be abused by goldfarmers... >.>

Jesus Jonananananananananas I didn't even think about goldfarmers and bots...

Since gold farmers and bots don't necessarily "log in" to a normal screen, would this be a possible detection/delay mechanism?

slobdf.jpg

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot!

Oh, she is a naughty person, and she must pay the penalty!

> F2P rolls can land on members item.

> If F2P lands on members item the must subscribe to claim right then.

> A fresh account doesn't have access to the wheel.

> Any item worth over 100k is untradeable.

> If you die with untradeable item it will disappear on death unless you select to keep it on death screen.

Stupid update, more blatant marketing for f2p. Vastly effects members economy as well.

2012 SovietScape

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Interesting update, I'll reserve judgment on how I feel about it until we learn more about the odds of winning. However, I do hope that a lvl 3 bot would stand a significantly lower chance of winning good loot compared to a seasoned player with higher skills and quests completed.

On that note, it would be interesting if Jagex added an investment feature into this wheel of fortune as a form of gamble. Perhaps increase the odds of winning enough such that more players hit the big jackpot and brag to their friends, but ultimately not so much that this could become steadily profitable. Similarly a weekly investment cap would be wise.

Hi guys,

I have noticed a few players posting that they are getting discontinued items on the Squeal of Fortune.

I just want to squash any rumors. There are NO discontinued items on the Squeal of Fortune.

Thanks,

Just before anybody actually begins to listen to other Scapers

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

> If you die with untradeable item it will disappear on death unless you select to keep it on death screen.

Stupid update, more blatant marketing for f2p. Vastly effects members economy as well.

2012 SovietScape

Your points seem to contradict each other.

If you can't trade any of the items worth over 100k, and they cannot be attained through death by others, where exactly is the "vast" effect on the economy? Especially considering how incredibly rare they seem to be.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

For example, if you get a lucky AGS, you didn't have to "work" get that AGS, and may even decide it's just as good as another godsword.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

2012 SovietScape

If you can't trade any of the items worth over 100k, and they cannot be attained through death by others, where exactly is the "vast" effect on the economy? Especially considering how incredibly rare they seem to be.

Vast effect because these untradable items will now be making their way into the game as well making the untradable version less desirable for those who own these items. Does it really make sense that a divine should be available to players with these lucky rolls? This is a stupid update.

You can't trade items over 100k?

I saw a divine and an AGS... So if i got those on my pure, i couldn't sell them or pk with them (I'm assuming. If i CAN pk with them, and the enemy gets nothing, that's worse.)

Seems like a really stupid system. If you don't want people to win huge prizes, don't give them huge prizes.

And as the fray says, it won't stop the economy from suffering. If people start getting free divines they're going to sell their current one, or not buy one that they eventually would.

CNqWHdA.jpg

There does seem to be a strategy behind where you hit stop and where it actually stops.

28-Feb-2012 17:19:21 Last edited on 28-Feb-2012 17:22:58 by Mod Jon H

Hi uno dos tres:

"Did anyone else observe that the button to stop the flashing light has a 10 second delay, therefore defeating its purpose... Or is that intentional, meaning you cannot have any effect on the reward you'll receive?"

The outcome is totally randomised - the player's action (timing) does not affect the reward that comes out. The animation is not actually connected to the outcome, it's just fun to watch Yelp get punched in the face.

-JH

Quick find code: 15-16-697-63596239

No snowflake in an avalanche ever felt responsible.

I feel like this is entirely just a marketing gimmick to get more subscribers. I wouldn't be surprised if F2P have a higher chance of getting rare items so that they face the dilemma of subscribing multiple times a month.

Doesn't leave a lot of options for people who want to filter the massive amount of annoying game messages, but still want to hear about people winning.

Also, aren't green and red the same to people with colorblindness?

8f14270694.jpg

You can filter out broadcasts by putting the "game" tab on "filter".

Eugh really?? That's stupid. I almost always play on filter, but I would still like to see announcements. They should be controlled via the control settings, not Game Filter :(

hzvjpwS.gif

2012 SovietScape

Vast effect because these untradable items will now be making their way into the game as well making the untradable version less desirable for those who own these items. Does it really make sense that a divine should be available to players with these lucky rolls? This is a stupid update.

From the looks of it however, anything over 5k in value is incredibly rare. the forums have only had a single picture of a 'lucky' drop, and that wasn't in first person either. You probably have as much chance of a rich friend quitting and giving you their items as you do getting one of the rare items. It's all a little bit of fun, but won't have a huge impact as far as I can see.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

From the looks of it however, anything over 5k in value is incredibly rare. the forums have only had a single picture of a 'lucky' drop, and that wasn't in first person either. You probably have as much chance of a rich friend quitting and giving you their items as you do getting one of the rare items. It's all a little bit of fun, but won't have a huge impact as far as I can see.

The impact will largely be stupid-player panic, as always.

hzvjpwS.gif