Saradomin_Mage

28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune

Lol at all the squeal of fortune bugs, Jagex released a greedy update and got some of the worst glitches unleashed because of it. Kharma is a [bleep]

Bugs? Did I miss something?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Lol at all the squeal of fortune bugs, Jagex released a greedy update and got some of the worst glitches unleashed because of it. Kharma is a [bleep]

A few staking bugs, and this trade bug where players can remove items in the 2nd trade screen, and the other player won't be able to see it happen.

Naaxi.png

I lol'd at my rare and super-rare items today. The super rare was a dragon chain. The normal rare? A dragon plate. :P

Flyingjj.png

This whole thing looks and feels stupid.

The animation although well, uhh, animated, is so just cheesy. The rewards are: garbage, more garbage, Not-even-good-enough-to-be-called-garbage and then a bunch of items that you will never get that also dont make any sense.

And dont even get me started on the blatant members advertising

I at least hope they made it not 100%(theoretically) random, and did put some form of balance in it. By the gods, if it was 100% random, one guy could be rolling 50 million gp a day when someone with just the same level of skill and determination could be bringing in 50 gp a day.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

This whole thing looks and feels stupid.

The animation although well, uhh, animated, is so just cheesy. The rewards are: garbage, more garbage, Not-even-good-enough-to-be-called-garbage and then a bunch of items that you will never get that also dont make any sense.

And dont even get me started on the blatant members advertising

I at least hope they made it not 100%(theoretically) random, and did put some form of balance in it. By the gods, if it was 100% random, one guy could be rolling 50 million gp a day when someone with just the same level of skill and determination could be bringing in 50 gp a day.

that's the point of luck

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

I would hardly call xp lamps "garbage".

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

50GP and a feather.

Watch out RS economy.

Same thing here. RS economy will be so destroyed by our combined powers!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Personally, I think people make too much hoo-ha (sp?) out of nothing. It's a silly little update that can give you free things. Yes, some free stuff is terrible, some are so rare you are more than likely to never get them but so what? This was never mentioned anywhere by Jagex (as far as I know), it's not meant to be a massive update like Tzhaar rework and new cape. Get over yourselves and enjoy some random stuff.

Hacked, gaining none buy-able skills.

The thing I don't get. If the animation really doesn't make a difference to the outcome why isn't it animated in the game engine properly? So clicking the squeal of fortune button teleports you to an instanced area where you can pill a lever and see the animation rendered in the proper game engine instead of the silly cartoon graphics.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Now that it's been a few days since the update, i'll ask a question we may have a better possibility in answering:

How rare are the rare items? I've not been keeping up with the related threads perfectly, but I still haven't seen any first-hand rare spins. I have also not seen many pictures of second-hand rare spins, which tells me they are in fact just as rare as I first expected.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

They tweeted yesterday and said that someone won the first head tattoo but haven't named anyone else as winning and top prizes. Make of that what you will...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

There was pic of a head tattoo on this thread(around page 13 I think?). But yeah, rare means rare and tbh if someone had heard of more than a few cases in this short amount of time it would be waaay too much.

has anyone else lost there squeal of fortunes? i have it on my f2p accounts but on my members account i havnt seen it in 2 days...

bllllonz.png

Is there a timeframe on this or is it here to stay? Been away for so long, to come back to this it just doesn't feel right. But hey, a lot of things don't feel right about RS anymore before anyone accuses me of being prejudiced against goblins

proud owner of bunny ears and scythe (rsc fo lyf)

muska007.png

Is there a timeframe on this or is it here to stay? Been away for so long, to come back to this it just doesn't feel right. But hey, a lot of things don't feel right about RS anymore before anyone accuses me of being prejudiced against goblins

It's here to stay.

crossed_body.png

There was pic of a head tattoo on this thread(around page 13 I think?). But yeah, rare means rare and tbh if someone had heard of more than a few cases in this short amount of time it would be waaay too much.

Those pictures were provided by Jagex on the official wiki. So they aren't instances where the items were actually won.

just got a large fletching lamp =.=, troll game is troll.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

has anyone else lost there squeal of fortunes? i have it on my f2p accounts but on my members account i havnt seen it in 2 days...

Try searching for help on the RSOF or sending in a bug report here.

How much xp did it give you, and what was your fletching level?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Updates like these make me feel angry, it got nothing to deal with RS.

Last time I was just walking around with a noobaccount and just by walking around I slowly received money :S?

I meen honoustly, this is not the game I once liked any more, not even close actually...

I actually hope Jagex will lose a big bunch of players soon because of trash like this, throw all the bullshit overpowered weapons away and go back to 2004 or something.

:wall:

I got a medium defense lamp.... On my 1 defense pure.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Updates like these make me feel angry, it got nothing to deal with RS.

Last time I was just walking around with a noobaccount and just by walking around I slowly received money :S?

I meen honoustly, this is not the game I once liked any more, not even close actually...

I actually hope Jagex will lose a big bunch of players soon because of trash like this, throw all the bullshit overpowered weapons away and go back to 2004 or something.

Not liking the update is one thing, but hoping that they lose business because they're trying to appeal to newer players is petty and makes you look like a vindictive child. RuneScape has grown to the point of games like Final Fantasy XI, where the sheer amount of content thrown at a new user is overwhelming to the point where a slow start can cause someone to log off and not return. God forbid Jagex throw an insignificant amount of gold at a player and provide them some starting tools so they aren't completely lost as to what to do.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Citation needed.

Those reds are WAY too high a %. I've personally spun 36 times over a number of accounts and not once had a red. And the rest of the forum seems to have similar luck.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Yeah, I've spun probably over 100 times on all my accounts and the best I've gotten is a couple medium lamps. No one has a drop sample size large enough yet, but from what I hear, most people are talking about 1/10000 for the 'grand prize'.