Jump to content

28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune


Saradomin_Mage
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the looks of it however, anything over 5k in value is incredibly rare. the forums have only had a single picture of a 'lucky' drop, and that wasn't in first person either. You probably have as much chance of a rich friend quitting and giving you their items as you do getting one of the rare items. It's all a little bit of fun, but won't have a huge impact as far as I can see.

 

The impact will largely be stupid-player panic, as always.

 

I agree. It isn't a viable way to gain any items, so it wouldn't be advised for anybody to hold out on buying something in the hopes they get it. They 'may' sell it in the future if they get the item later on (but the chances of that, with how many items there are and how low the chances are, seems unimaginable), but that won't realistically put enough of the item into the economy to flood it with said item.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Medium lamp and 10k for me :P

 

This totally does remind me of Neopets :XD: (think it was Hedgehog who said that?).

 

Anyway, kind of an interesting update. I like having more dailies in the game. I'm disappointed that the broadcasts seem to be tied to the "filter game" option though :(

Posted Image

 

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> F2P rolls can land on members item.

> If F2P lands on members item the must subscribe to claim right then.

> A fresh account doesn't have access to the wheel.

> Any item worth over 100k is untradeable.

> If you die with untradeable item it will disappear on death unless you select to keep it on death screen.

 

 

Stupid update, more blatant marketing for f2p. Vastly effects members economy as well.

 

2012 SovietScape

 

 

Your points seem to contradict each other.

 

If you can't trade any of the items worth over 100k, and they cannot be attained through death by others, where exactly is the "vast" effect on the economy? Especially considering how incredibly rare they seem to be.

Vast effect because these untradable items will now be making their way into the game as well making the untradable version less desirable for those who own these items. Does it really make sense that a divine should be available to players with these lucky rolls? This is a stupid update.

 

From the looks of it however, anything over 5k in value is incredibly rare. the forums have only had a single picture of a 'lucky' drop, and that wasn't in first person either. You probably have as much chance of a rich friend quitting and giving you their items as you do getting one of the rare items. It's all a little bit of fun, but won't have a huge impact as far as I can see.

 

If I win a pair of D-claws, I can sell my tradeable version putting an excess of D-claws into the market. If someone who doesn't own a pair of D-claws wins them, they no longer have to buy the tradeable version either. Since they have the same stats then there is no need for me to keep my tradeable pair of the item I just won. You say they are incredibly rare - but at 2 spins a day across many thousands of people, it's still a significant number of items.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I win a pair of D-claws, I can sell my tradeable version putting an excess of D-claws into the market. Since they have the same stats then there is no need for me to keep my tradeable pair of the item I just won. You say they are incredibly rare - but at 2 spins a day across many thousands of people, it's still a significant number of items.

 

I don't think anyone is denying that, but it would only impact things that are like...100m+ because how frequently they're traded, right? And even that is questionable.

hzvjpwS.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I win a pair of D-claws, I can sell my tradeable version putting an excess of D-claws into the market. Since they have the same stats then there is no need for me to keep my tradeable pair of the item I just won. You say they are incredibly rare - but at 2 spins a day across many thousands of people, it's still a significant number of items.

 

Millions of people play the lottery each week here in the UK but it isn't messing up the economy. This hasn't created mass unemployment because of everybody having wealth. The same is going to be true in Runescape. The chances of these items is so incredibly low that it is very unlikely they will have any sort of effect on the economy. Your one set of D claws won't be an excess of the item on the market if you attain them once in 5 months for example. Even over thousands of players, it shouldn't have much effect.

 

The rarity is proven by the lack of posts on here of the rare and valuable items. So far I've seen only two pictures of these items, neither actually acquired by this community.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had the option for this on one of my various F2P accounts...

Just incase you haven't seen the option yet:

MysticTattoo.png

 

 

I wonder how tattoo's will work. Are they worn on the helmet slot? If so, where do they show up on the player, on the face?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> F2P rolls can land on members item.

> If F2P lands on members item the must subscribe to claim right then.

> A fresh account doesn't have access to the wheel.

> Any item worth over 100k is untradeable.

> If you die with untradeable item it will disappear on death unless you select to keep it on death screen.

 

 

Stupid update, more blatant marketing for f2p. Vastly effects members economy as well.

 

2012 SovietScape

 

 

Your points seem to contradict each other.

 

If you can't trade any of the items worth over 100k, and they cannot be attained through death by others, where exactly is the "vast" effect on the economy? Especially considering how incredibly rare they seem to be.

 

Simple, youdon't have to buy the item then. Also, even if its super rare, tens/hundreds of THOUSANDS of people rolling once or twice a day? Lets think about that...

 

Incredibly bad idea IMO. Bringing pure luck into getting gear/cash? NTY. I prefer to get my gear via skill. (hence why I play WoW and not RS.)

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had the option for this on one of my various F2P accounts...

Just incase you haven't seen the option yet:

MysticTattoo.png

 

Rather odd that a cosmetic item takes the same super-rare slot that I assume things like the high value spirit shields go in too. The tattoos better look REALLY good :P

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I win a pair of D-claws, I can sell my tradeable version putting an excess of D-claws into the market. Since they have the same stats then there is no need for me to keep my tradeable pair of the item I just won. You say they are incredibly rare - but at 2 spins a day across many thousands of people, it's still a significant number of items.

 

Millions of people play the lottery each week here in the UK but it isn't messing up the economy. This hasn't created mass unemployment because of everybody having wealth. The same is going to be true in Runescape. The chances of these items is so incredibly low that it is very unlikely they will have any sort of effect on the economy. Your one set of D claws won't be an excess of the item on the market if you attain them once in 5 months for example. Even over thousands of players, it shouldn't have much effect.

 

The rarity is proven by the lack of posts on here of the rare and valuable items. So far I've seen only two pictures of these items, neither actually acquired by this community.

It does not make sense to put one of the best items in the game in a divine available to players on a lucky roll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a Rune Platebody and Medium Lamp (16,695XP at 97 Summoning). I'm interested to see the unlisted/new item rewards but it sounds like anything cool is going to be under the rarest category anyway. Lol, I'd almost hate to get a lucky piece of dragon armor, if they really are black. Not having the rest of the set would drive me crazy!

2dgucz6.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a spectral to me ... <_<

 

2jb0fvs.png

 

Also a DFH option on my other file. Won crap so far. 2x 50gp on main. :)

 

jfydk2.png

 

Having a hard time remembering all my files..

 

Tatoo:

 

2zxmume.png

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> F2P rolls can land on members item.

> If F2P lands on members item the must subscribe to claim right then.

> A fresh account doesn't have access to the wheel.

> Any item worth over 100k is untradeable.

> If you die with untradeable item it will disappear on death unless you select to keep it on death screen.

 

 

Stupid update, more blatant marketing for f2p. Vastly effects members economy as well.

 

2012 SovietScape

 

 

Your points seem to contradict each other.

 

If you can't trade any of the items worth over 100k, and they cannot be attained through death by others, where exactly is the "vast" effect on the economy? Especially considering how incredibly rare they seem to be.

 

Simple, youdon't have to buy the item then. Also, even if its super rare, tens/hundreds of THOUSANDS of people rolling once or twice a day? Lets think about that...

 

Incredibly bad idea IMO. Bringing pure luck into getting gear/cash? NTY. I prefer to get my gear via skill. (hence why I play WoW and not RS.)

 

I feel like every post you have is advertising that you play WOW lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I win a pair of D-claws, I can sell my tradeable version putting an excess of D-claws into the market. Since they have the same stats then there is no need for me to keep my tradeable pair of the item I just won. You say they are incredibly rare - but at 2 spins a day across many thousands of people, it's still a significant number of items.

 

Millions of people play the lottery each week here in the UK but it isn't messing up the economy. This hasn't created mass unemployment because of everybody having wealth. The same is going to be true in Runescape. The chances of these items is so incredibly low that it is very unlikely they will have any sort of effect on the economy. Your one set of D claws won't be an excess of the item on the market if you attain them once in 5 months for example. Even over thousands of players, it shouldn't have much effect.

 

The rarity is proven by the lack of posts on here of the rare and valuable items. So far I've seen only two pictures of these items, neither actually acquired by this community.

It does not make sense to put one of the best items in the game in a divine available to players on a lucky roll.

 

 

BAD ANALOGY DANZ. OMG so illogical. You see, if there is a 50 million euro/ound/dollar prize, there is probably 75-100m being spent. Some of that money goes to pay to run the lottery etc. Some goes into the business's/gov'ts bank.

 

Terrible analogy. here its just FREE GOLD/items MAGICALLY appearing for nothing.

 

Need I go on? I hope not because im off to play a game of league.

 

@Lactose, its germane to the conversation.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I win a pair of D-claws, I can sell my tradeable version putting an excess of D-claws into the market. Since they have the same stats then there is no need for me to keep my tradeable pair of the item I just won. You say they are incredibly rare - but at 2 spins a day across many thousands of people, it's still a significant number of items.

 

Millions of people play the lottery each week here in the UK but it isn't messing up the economy. This hasn't created mass unemployment because of everybody having wealth. The same is going to be true in Runescape. The chances of these items is so incredibly low that it is very unlikely they will have any sort of effect on the economy. Your one set of D claws won't be an excess of the item on the market if you attain them once in 5 months for example. Even over thousands of players, it shouldn't have much effect.

 

The rarity is proven by the lack of posts on here of the rare and valuable items. So far I've seen only two pictures of these items, neither actually acquired by this community.

It does not make sense to put one of the best items in the game in a divine available to players on a lucky roll.

 

 

BAD ANALOGY DANZ. OMG so illogical. You see, if there is a 50 million euro/ound/dollar prize, there is probably 75-100m being spent. Some of that money goes to pay to run the lottery etc. Some goes into the business's/gov'ts bank.

 

Terrible analogy. here its just FREE GOLD/items MAGICALLY appearing for nothing.

 

Need I go on? I hope not because im off to play a game of league.

 

@Lactose, its germane to the conversation.

 

That part doesn't matter at all though. The point is that even when millions do something of chance, it doesn't mean the reward is common. The same goes for this update. Just because there are thousands of players, does not mean the rewards will be anything more than ultra rare, therefore having a negligible if any effect on the markets. Hell, I could go to an extreme and say that the time lost by doing the spins and not boss hunting will have more of an effect on the amount of items coming in to the game. 10,000 boss hunters spend 10 seconds/day not boss hunting, think of the effects! Ok I'm being extreme here, but it's quite simple as long as the rarity is high enough, which evidence shown by the lack of posts here on the forums showcasing rare rewards.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.