Saradomin_Mage

28-Feb-2012 - Squeal of Fortune

Maybe next they can give us a log in game where we play one of those games where you have a car that has to dodge back and forth on the road to get around obstacles, and give out xp lamps based on how long till you crash.

Don't speak it into existence...it would be scary, but ironically more fulfilling. Loved your post though.

On another note, did anyone get above 30fps? I managed to pull 5fps in the lobby yesterday when no one was speaking. Hope they get that sorted soon.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I have heard from multiple people that the 'Lucky' items are degradable. Can anyone confirm?

If that is indeed the case, I can't see this hurting the market after everyone realizes and the panic'ers stop panicking.

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

And so the world will end. I think a victim of love rather than hate, for love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

I noticed they offer things like the Katana or other items you had to buy membership cards with as prizes. I like that

I have heard from multiple people that the 'Lucky' items are degradable. Can anyone confirm?

If that is indeed the case, I can't see this hurting the market after everyone realizes and the panic'ers stop panicking.

They aren't degradable. All the high end items such as Bandos/Arma are identical to the normal versions other than the fact that they're untradeable.

Sylpheed.png

I noticed they offer things like the Katana or other items you had to buy membership cards with as prizes. I like that

This and the start of movable screen parts, were the best part of the update.

76561198012301951.png

Anyone else predict that Jagex will soon just close down F2p and make the game require a subscription to play?

They aren't degradable. All the high end items such as Bandos/Arma are identical to the normal versions other than the fact that they're untradeable.

Do you have any way of confirming that statement? Screen shot? Mod Quote? I'm not saying you are untrustworthy, I would just like definite proof.

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

And so the world will end. I think a victim of love rather than hate, for love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

As another point, it has no lore, and doesn't actually exist since it has no game location. I greatly dislike the idea of adding content that doesn't actually fit into the game itself. The fact that it doesn't actually fit into the game at all is my major objection to this. I can live with the other stuff, but its like someone got high, thought this would be a good idea, and thumb tacked a flash game onto RuneScape.

That is actually a really good point (the lack of lore). It would be nice if this actually fit into the same somehow with a story or purpose.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Anyone else predict that Jagex will soon just close down F2p and make the game require a subscription to play?

not explicitly but I can see them adding things like f2p accounts can only log-in for 10 hours a week or something

I gaurentee that no one is gonna get anything good except for those that are already rich. I just have that feeling.

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

No.

At this point, I really don't think that's going to happen. They have too much to lose by doing that.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I don't think so seeing as then they would like "lose" their Golden Joystick award for No.1 F2P MMORPG.

57c4cd463a.png

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.

I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

It's totally a way to get new members. I got a slayer xp lamp on one of my f2p accounts and you literally can't claim it unless you subscribe. You subscribe or discard it.

No biggie right? Imagine getting a divine. You better believe you're subscribing for that sucker. (Or discarding, learning what a divine is, and crying yourself to sleep.)

CNqWHdA.jpg

Also I wonder what would happen if you Pked a "Lucky Armadyl godsword"

In the FAQ it says that Lucky items are destroyed on death.

They say they are identical stat-wise. They don't mention anything about whether they degrade or not.

hzvjpwS.gif

[hide=Long Image, contains profanity]2012-02-28-fortune.jpg[/hide]

RIP Michaelangelopolous

As another point, it has no lore, and doesn't actually exist since it has no game location. I greatly dislike the idea of adding content that doesn't actually fit into the game itself. The fact that it doesn't actually fit into the game at all is my major objection to this. I can live with the other stuff, but its like someone got high, thought this would be a good idea, and thumb tacked a flash game onto RuneScape.

That is actually a really good point (the lack of lore). It would be nice if this actually fit into the same somehow with a story or purpose.

This. Why not add it as a booth at the traveling circus? It would fit in better as a carnival game, and might entice more players to search out the circus each week, to get free training experience along with a prize (and encourage new players to do more exploring of the map).

I'm more interested in the new items introduced in this update than the typical doomsayers that always get attention with every update. Too bad that the items are so rare that we have so little information about them.

No, Jagex enjoys their "number one Free to play MMO" title too much and the recently added incentives to become a member would be rather pointless if they were going to scrap the whole free-to-play game. Take a look at the PC gaming industry, Free to Play gaming with optional subscriptions/micro-transactions is still a growing trend.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

[hide=Long Image, contains profanity]2012-02-28-fortune.jpg[/hide]

Lol, that's absolutely hilarious. :)

As for the update, I got 50 + 50 gp...which seems to be actually really common.

I personally don't have any problems with the update as is, but if it turns out the rewards are common then there may be an issue. I don't expect that to be the case, though.

Good luck to everyone else spinning away. :thumbsup:

alazsig.png

I don't think so seeing as then they would like "lose" their Golden Joystick award for No.1 F2P MMORPG.

As they already did?

[404] Signature not found.

Yeah having f2p and potentially winning awards for being No.1 F2P (although I think most judges seem to judge based on the p2p version of RS) Is basically free advertising. Take f2p away and they lose a huge chunk in their marketing.

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Mainly, I don't see WTF the point of this update was, or is? What are they trying to do?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

A much better implementation would be that u get the icon and it's an incoming NPC Contact type dealyo from abyssal services or w/e that then teleports you to Yelp's place; much like a random event.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mainly, I don't see WTF the point of this update was, or is? What are they trying to do?

Get subscribers