Guest Rob

Wow, I was disappointed with Part 3...

Bit of a spoiler

[hide]It bothers me that we have to wait for more comics to come out. The next is March 2013, and that's just the first part...The really interesting part is Zuko's mother, thanks to LOK we all knew what was going to happen with the Harmony restoration movement anyway. Anxiously waiting for the Promise series to end and then finding out we STILL don't learn anything about Zuko's mother really bothers me -.- [/hide]

[hide]100% agreed. I was actually looking forward to this being the ending... I'll enjoy it more now since it goes a bit longer, of course, but it's going to feel like they're beating a dead horse by not just ending the series. I don't want to look back on the series as a whole and think about how commercialized it was. [/hide]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

WHERES DAT NEW SEASON AT NICKALADEON. FANBASE ANGRY. FANBASE SMASH.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Being a anime from that hemisphere it is entirely plausible they used their seasons meaning spring would be our fall.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Being a anime from that hemisphere it is entirely plausible they used their seasons meaning spring would be our fall.

There are a couple issues with that statement.

LoK isn't an anime. It's a western cartoon, made in America. It's anime styled, so that's a common misconception.

All of Asia, including Japan, has spring at the same time as we do. Seasons are different based on North/South hemispheres, not East/West.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

There are a couple issues with that statement.

LoK isn't an anime. It's a western cartoon, made in America. It's anime styled, so that's a common misconception.

All of Asia, including Japan, has spring at the same time as we do. Seasons are different based on North/South hemispheres, not East/West.

The Joke

>>------->

Your Head

O

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

^Was it a really a joke or just a brain fart?

We may never know.

• Like 1

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard the first episode was screened at Comic-Con and can be found online, but I'll be waiting - getting one appetizer and then nothing more is not for me. Shouldn't have watched that damn trailer either :P

I'm wondering about that male waterbender shown a few times...that's either Tarrlok or Noatok/Amon, right? (I'm guessing the latter, can't watch the first book to check right now). And he seems to be some kind of enemy too. Does that mean he survived? (would be lame...)

Or will Korra reencounter him in the spirit world?

Edit: Wow - Neither Tarrlok nor Noatok look like him - It's been too long since book 1 lol :P

I've heard the first episode was screened at Comic-Con and can be found online, but I'll be waiting - getting one appetizer and then nothing more is not for me. Shouldn't have watched that damn trailer either :P

I'm wondering about that male waterbender shown a few times...that's either Tarrlok or Noatok/Amon, right? (I'm guessing the latter, can't watch the first book to check right now). And he seems to be some kind of enemy too. Does that mean he survived? (would be lame...)

Or will Korra reencounter him in the spirit world?

not 100% sure but i think that's the northern water tribe's leader (the one walking through the mist at about 0:50)

goddamn the spirit world animal/creature design is looking spectacular. def looking like some ghibli influence or w/e.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the premise of the 2nd book, mostly in that it focuses on the Water Tribe considering I have been curious how it and the other two major countries have been fairing in the past seven decades. The spirituality thing makes it look like a war between the religious and non-religious, but that doesn't compare as much as the Equalists who reeked of Nazism/Communism vibes. Curious what kind of person the first avatar is going to turn out.

September... at least we're halfway through August.

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/korra-book-2-september-13th-NHD17484-01.html?xid=korranation

Another trailer for Book 2. This one's so much more light hearted. I wonder if the whole season is going to be like that, or if it's going to be pretty much like Book 1 was, and have it be more dramatic than comedic.

I miss ATLA's comedy. It was a lot better, and better used. Korra's humor is basically just fart jokes. :/

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I think comparatively LOK and TLA are kinda reversed.

TLA was straight in to all the travelling and adventure and big story as Aang was so alone and lost, then towards the end you had a few stagnant moments where he spent a long time in one place preparing.

LOK has started with those stagnant moments with her training in Republic City and now in book 2 is going to branch out.

Book 2 certainly looks good to me and I feel like they have kinda listened to the viewers to make it better in that the main critique of Book 1 was the lack of travelling and seeing the world.

I'm curious how long the Avatar franchise as a whole will run imo it'd make the most sense (if done well) to do four separate avatars consisting of 3-4 books each (Aang had 4 if you count The Promise, which I kinda wish they'd done animation for). That way we can sort of follow a whole cycle of Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Which I think would be the natural limit of the franchise, as re-visiting an element again would be a bit meh and 4 generations would give enough time to sort of finish the story of the air tribe being rebuilt and the fire nation being forgiven by the world.

Of course they shouldn't do four if the series reaches a natural no-one really wants it to drag on and ruin itself stage, but most major shows seem to run for around 10-15 seasons; grouping them all together 3-4 books for 4 avatars would be 12-16 seasons.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I am rather concerned for what they're going to have for book 3-4 since book 2 will be covering Korra's spiritual ability. Usually, the main premise of each book was for the Avatar in question to be working or covering something they are lacking in while dealing with the plot at hand. If she masters airbending and is spiritual, wouldn't Korra have to be nerfed in 3 and 4 given how broken the Avatar State can be? I mean, Aang shows that a guy who can bloodbend telepathically at high noon is still useless with one use of the State.