How do you deal with randoms asking to be your friend?

tripsis

I just be honest. I tell them that I normally don't add people right away

I said that today and he started using crying smiley faces and told me to make an exception :| I made a run for it (literally).

o_o I haven't had that happen to me yet. What I did have happen once was a guy starting to beg, plead, then started with some swearing until I told them they were being really selfish asking me to remove my friend just for them. That got them to hush up quick. :P

I just say, "but we just met, I don't add people on the first date!"

Gives a laugh and a little light hearted way of letting people down :P

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I add randoms o.o as my f/l has 7 ppl in it.

delete them if they suck though.

gotta love not playing for 5-6 years then coming back :)

When i actually had friends i said, my f/l is full. cus it really was full.

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I used to just say I only add people I know well, worked most of the time.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

useually i just say "no thanks"

and if they persist and it gets annoying, there's this lovely red fella in the lower right corner of the screen, also known as the ignore list

sebas379.png

[hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing;

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews;

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores;

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[/hide]

<<<snip>>>

o_o I haven't had that happen to me yet. What I did have happen once was a guy starting to beg, plead, then started with some swearing until I told them they were being really selfish asking me to remove my friend just for them. That got them to hush up quick. :P

This one knew they forgot to say something in their post. #-o

This would be the other good response to nail a random person with when they ask you to add them. :)

~D. V. "+1, since I forgot!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I tend to add and talk with just about anyone who wants to, of course fl gets cleansed about every 6 months, or when I scroll to the bottom and see random names.

This basically, idm talking to randoms at all. My list is nearly full so I have to clean it pretty often, but most people only say 'hi' when we're at the GE together or something.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Same here, I think 5 people that don't actually play anymore, and then some "big names" just so I can see their A Log without typing their names in, I'm nosey like that.

Or type *kicks in crotch* and then run off...

Hacked, gaining none buy-able skills.

i mainly only talk/hang out with people in my clan, and most of my older friends have quit.

most random people i meet simply want to know how to make lots of money fast!!! or they beg for money.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I usually tell them my list is full, but I have added random people in the past and removed them a week later because they got boring. In a rare case when they into a full-fledged and great friend, they're usually the best-quality ones on my list. I also cleanse my list every four or so months and end up getting rid of 1/10th-1/8th of my list as a result.

I say sure, add them have a quick conversation and delete them. If they chat to me again i'll re-add them for a bit and then delete them again...and the cycle continues :P I do keep a lot of people permently on my friends list though. I can't keep everyone on there.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I communicate by using Emotes :thumbup: I usually add them on another account. (More accounts = More Friends list space)

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

Me to. I just came back after a very long break and have literally no friends. It sucks seeing no one ever logging in or out on my friends list, and no one to ever talk to.

EnEx.png

Fire cape owner since September 25th, 2006.

I tell people my friends list is full, which depending on the day is either the truth, or very close to it (my list doesn't drop below about 185/200). Every once in a while I go through the list and remove all the names I don't recognize, to make more space.

I keep my private on so get a lot of people adding me due to my youtube videos, or ingame when they see me, cannot possible add that many people so I just tell them I keep my private on, and that keeps them happy enough normally.

Get a lot of people adding me just to beg/ask to be friends in order to beg though as well.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]