Membership For Life

blakdragon39

[qfc]254-255-159-63608827[/qfc]

I don't know if anyone saw this. How many people will actually even WIN a skull tattoo? I'm guessing MAYBE two. Maybe. :P I think this is a ploy to get more people to sign up for members... Seems to follow the recent Jagex trend. Double the daily rolls! What do you guys think?

To elaborate: Jagex is holding a "contest." If you post in that thread wearing a skull tattoo in the next 4 weeks, you have a chance to win membership for life.

Blakdragon39.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, basically, the 4 people who get lucky over the next month get a lifetime Membership?

Hope I'm one of the 4.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

The chance is so slim that it wouldn't be worth getting members to double your chances. What would be better is to spin as much as possible on f2p accounts, and if you get a tattoo make it members and then post on the thread.

So, they're going to get more people to join Members to get more SoF rolls to potentially get lifetime membership on a tribal tattoo that you have a[n estimated] 1:10,000 chance to win. Clever. As much as I hate to admit it, I see this actually getting more people to join up, since you never know when impossible odds are going to be on your side.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

The chance is so slim that it wouldn't be worth getting members to double your chances. What would be better is to spin as much as possible on f2p accounts, and if you get a tattoo make it members and then post on the thread.

This. Just try on all accounts. An account you rarely play but has lifetime members and a mega ultra mechagodzilla rare tattoo is still better than a f2p account you rarely play.

So, they're going to get more people to join Members to get more SoF rolls to potentially get lifetime membership on a tribal tattoo that you have a[n estimated] 1:10,000 chance to win. Clever. As much as I hate to admit it, I see this actually getting more people to join up, since you never know when impossible odds are going to be on your side.

Even 1:10,000 is being suuuuper modest. Considering how I have yet to see a single picture of someone with one on ANY site, the rate of getting a tattoo must be unbelievably higher than 1:10,000. Those pictures of the enchanted robes + fury + head tattoo are taken from the runescape website fyi :S

Nazgul.jpeg

Lifetime membership? How do they define that? If you were the last ever Runescape player, you'd still have members?

Yes! As long as you are ALIVE...

Hope to get my account back before then & I'll try to WIN!

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Lifetime membership? How do they define that? If you were the last ever Runescape player, you'd still have members?

In previous contests, it has amounted to only about 10-11 years of membership (Excl posted a screenshot when he won the first Machinima contest of his login page showing 4052 days remaining.)

Flyingjj.png

I'm personally not a fan of this contest. The reward is so steep and there is nothing but luck involved in winning. It's different when there's skill involved such as in machinama, because the person is doing something to deserve it as opposed to just spontaneously receiving it.

But I digress. It's not worth too much worry, and good luck to everyone.

alazsig.png

Nothing but luck means everyone has the same chance of winning which is the only way to make it fair if you're comparing someone with all levels 99 and someone with everything level 1.

Alltho, i guess those that actually get a tattoo, some of them atleast, wont even know about the event.

Like my boyfriends little brother spinning, yay a tattoo. no way he's reading a forum or something like that.

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Nothing but luck means everyone has the same chance of winning

Everyone ...

• that is a paying member,
  • that spins twice per day, every day,
  • that knows about the competition on the forum, and
  • that only uses spins on 1 account

have the same chance of winning. Otherwise, you have an increased/decreased chance of winning that could, in theory, be significant.

I'm not going to fuss over it since it's not the end of all time, but do not think it's entirely "fair" just because it's "luck"-based. They don't automatically go hand-in-hand.

alazsig.png

Yeah but this is more fair thn, kill a blabla which has a dropchance to get it.

you know what i meant >.>

Fact is anyone is able to win like this.

Or, anyone thinks they have a chance of winning, like lotterys.

Which is probably never :D

you never know though.

In previous contests, it has amounted to only about 10-11 years of membership (Excl posted a screenshot when he won the first Machinima contest of his login page showing 4052 days remaining.)

Interesting...I wonder if those days ran out and he asked for more whether Jagex would give them to him... :-k

rosssigfinal.jpg

20k7gvm.png

For anyone wondering how does lifetime p2p look like.

(After winning the Jagex cup, we got to choose one member to get a trip to Jagex and lifetime p2p.)

Good luck everyone!

20k7gvm.png

For anyone wondering how does lifetime p2p look like.

(After winning the Jagex cup, we got to choose one member to get a trip to Jagex and lifetime p2p.)

Good luck everyone!

14 years isn't a lifetime

4e0Vn.png