If you have that low a view of the company I'm interested why you still pay them anything. Move to a game backed by someone you feel has more integrity..?
For the same reason why you buy certain clothes or food. You like the product, not the company.
The amount of paranoia in this post is unbelievably amazing. I mean, really, I want to screencap it as proof that people like this exist.
1) Only way someone is getting hack is if they screw up themselves.
2) the 6 month membership is 5-10$ less total. They may be a company, but that 10$ isn't even going to be noticed by them.
1) It is very easy to recover someone's account. It has happened to many HLF members and I have proof from close friends of mine, even those with recovery questions that are completely random letters and numbers. And spite alone is enough to make someone act.
2) Valid point, but also I don't want to throw away a potential $50+ if I pay for a year up front and get banned. I don't know the yearly rate don't quote it.
Sorry I am hilarious to you, but my account is important to me.
1) When one is compromised, the intruders are more concerned with the goods on the account, and not so much the account itself. If the account is found engaging in RWT or something else against Jagex's policy, the lifetime membership would be removed. This alone is incentive enough to keep the account secure, which is something that the player should always be doing.
2) Jagex makes no money from someone on lifetime membershp, so I fail to see your argument.
1) Read what I said about 1 above
2) Read again what I said please. And it isn't an argument, it is an opinion.