Over the years Tip.It staff has prided itself with our yearly April Fools Prank... You may recall the forum being invaded with Poke'mon, being RickRoll'D with bait of Jagex/Tip.It partnership, various fake NEW skills (horseback riding, engineering, sailing), Justin Bieber cursor, fake staff forums and so on. As you ponder over these past pranks you may recall that you had a better idea (obviously not better than Poke'mon though, that was HILARIOUS) that you think staff should have done instead.... Well, *Drumroll*... Now's your chance!
The staff has decided to run a contest for Tip.It's best April's Fools Prank! You can privately submit your prank ideas, the Tip.It Staff will pick their favourite, and that's what we'll surprise you all with this year! Some may find this the cheap way out of a staff made idea... but we are going to shamelessly run this contest anywho's! I mean, what's better than the staff working with the users to make for one of the most memorable pranks ever?!?
The contest: Submit Your Idea for an April Fools Prank on Tip.It
There are 2 categories:
- April Fools is meant to be enjoyable. Our prank can't be annoying to the point where it pisses people off or disrupts regular forum browsing.
- No "accidentally" revealing private staff boards.
- We're not totally opposed to playing with staff ranks, but we should avoid really confusing people about who's staff and who isn't.
- No website changes to suggest that we're closing down or switching to a new game.
- No pretending we've been hacked.
- Prank ideas must be appropriate.
Submission & Deadline
Submit your entry to Rank_Contest with the subject "April Fools Submission." DO NOT post your entry on this thread. The deadline for submission is March 19th at 11PM GMT.
We will announce the winners after the pranks have been applied and enjoyed (April 2nd)!
- Best Website Prank: Custom forum rank
- Best Forum Prank: Custom forum rank
If you have any questions, please post them here! Remember, do not post your entry on this forum thread!
Good luck to all!