KONY 2012

Gradeskip

What I don't get is what "knowing" about it will do? Are we going to donate more money to the CIA like how we do for our charities? Should we go and start an "A-Team" group to find this guy?

Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out as well.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Kony2012 better when he was invisible. Literally the only thing on my newsfeed right now other than my depressing status's.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I liked Kony2012 better when he was invisible. Literally the only thing on my newsfeed right now other than my depressing status's.

Then you should be happy if people talk about him. Would you like to be forced into an army and forced to kill your parents? You don't deserve that, nobody does.

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

I know this isn't going to stay very long because the people who are "going" to these events are the very same people who copy and paste statuses because they think it actually helps find a cure for cancer or legalize gay marriage. Basically, they're people who want to get things done but are too lazy to do anything more than a couple of clicks and a few keystrokes to accomplish it.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

It's ironic how fast public perception of american foreign policy changes. Within months public opinion shifts from "stop the aggressive foreign action in Afghanistan and iraq" to "send troops to africa to prevent injustice". There's a reason governments are so hesitant about this kind of action; because the general populace is so fickle they (the government) can quickly see themselves out of power.

Not that it shouldn't be done. What's occurring is obviously unjust and the world would be a better place if JK were stopped. But imagine that they send more troops, and start to incur some casualties, and can't catch him. I imagine the complaining in the public sphere would begin pretty quickly once american soliders started coming home in body bags and the cost reached 9 digits.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I know this isn't going to stay very long because the people who are "going" to these events are the very same people who copy and paste statuses because they think it actually helps find a cure for cancer or legalize gay marriage. Basically, they're people who want to get things done but are too lazy to do anything more than a couple of clicks and a few keystrokes to accomplish it.

this is a much more eloquent phrasing of my previous post

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

omg i just lost some respect for suomi. and i thought his tip.it interview was so nice. But to his credit, he doesn't have time to understand the world for himself to figure out how he wants to use his rs influence to change it.

Oh dear god. You people are ridiculous, this is not only a fad, but it is a hipster fad. All these 16-20 getting behind this shit are mostly comprised of hipsters who have nothing better to do than try to change shit for their liking.

Evil is all over the world. Just because one man is famous now doesn't mean there aren't 20+ people like him in the world. When he is gone another will claim his spot and so on and so forth. Evil cannot be stopped no matter how many of you people try to stop it. Everyone who has jumped on this bandwagon is trying to change something that won't change. You can sure as hell try but don't try to guilt-trip me into doing something I do not want to do. This idea is a stupid manifestation of the whole "everyone is equal and blah blah blah garbage". Why the hell do we care about fixing some poor, starving, probably aids infected children in Uganda, meanwhile we have hundreds of thousands of starving children in our own countries.

My opinion may not be a majority but I would rather voice my opinion than follow a fad.

This is the same opinion I have as natural disasters. Why should we give our money that we need for some broke ass Haitians/Other places that have been hit by earthquakes and shit recently that are not of First World Country status. The people who give their time, money and food to those people are idiots. WHY WOULD WE AS A COUNTRY GIVE OUR TIME AND MONEY TO A COUNTRY THAT IN THE CASE WE GET HIT BY SOME FREAK DISASTER WOULD NOT RETURN THE FAVOR. It is absolutely ridiculous. Save our country before even giving a shit about other people.

All those things you have listed do not belong to everyone. More of a majority of people who believe in God and heaven and that sort of jazz. Majority of people do have those things. I do not, and I don't want to sit on my computer all day and listen to a bunch of idiots blabbing about ideas and a common good that will never exist in this world. Its been hundreds of thousands of years on this earth and a "common good or world peace" have never happened. Grow up and get over the one world, one people mentality.

Some of you guys' posts want to make me cry. If everyone thought like some of you who recently posted (not everyone!), the world would go straight to his loss. I just can't believe how unhelpful and selfish people can be.

What's money (even 9 digits) if it can save lives like that. Tens of thousands children. That's not much for the USA, but imagine these growing up in a country like Uganda, how helpful they can help the society.

What is some children in the USA are starving compared to others who get their neck chopped by a machete, that are forced to kill their own parents and family and that are also starving in Africa? If you had to choose between these situation, you'd love to be starving somewhere in the USA.

Nobody deserves that, don't be racist and only care for your own comfort.

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

You guys' posts want to make me cry. If everyone thought like some of you who recently posted, the world would go straight to his loss. I just can't believe how unhelpful and selfish people can be.

What's money (even 9 digits) if it can save lives like that. Tens of thousands children. That's not much for the USA, but imagine these growing up in a country like Uganda, how helpful they can help the society.

What is some children in the USA are starving compared to others who get their neck chopped by a machete, that are forced to kill their own parents and family and that are also starving in Africa? If you had to choose between these situation, you'd love to be starving somewhere in the USA.

Nobody deserves that, don't be racist and only care for your own comfort.

Nobody here is saying that he shouldn't be stopped. We're just aware of this entire thing being a new fad to appear like a moral (Let's save the African children!), yet cool (KONY 2012 GUYS!) person to their friends.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I am not racist nor did I say anything against race. Yes most of the people from Uganda are black but that doesn't mean I dislike them for being that skin color.

Jacob or whatever the kids name was in the film said he would rather die than live in that hell hole. Doesn't that say a whole lot about the majority of kids over there. Our help is unwanted if they wanna just die. The money being spent to save their lives are not going to save the lives of USA/Canada/UK starving children, that's just idiotic. Its being selfish, hypocritical and contradictive to say that our own starving children are less important than starving africans who just so happen to be born in a worse part of the world.

Maybe if the women in those parts of the world would understand that closing their legs once in awhile might actually help their country. Instead they have sex and repopulate even more, which adds more strain on an already poor country. It is stupid to try to help a part of the world that won't even use the help to better themselves.

@RSTPT - Not a teenager and not really a big fan of metal anymore. I just don't have morals that don't include making my country a better place.

Don't get me wrong. What he and others are doing is wrong. I just think it is ridiculous how you all are going a long with this fad and acting as if you are good people because you are trying to change something. It won't change, as long as their are humans on this earth, people will be killed, people will hate and drama will always be around. World Peace can not happen unless humans are extinct.

Maybe if the women in those parts of the world would understand that closing their legs once in awhile might actually help their country.

Confirmed for complete ignorance.

How is that complete ignorance? In my city we have [bleep] who have multiple children, no different than them. THEY CAN NOT HELP THEIR CHILDREN SO WHY ARE THEY BEING IRRESPONSIBLE AND HAVING KIDS.

Lets see now.. Tax dollars->American Government->United Nations->the CURRENT PEACEKEEPING MISSION IN FREAKING UGANDA THAT ALREADY EXISTS FOR THIS CAUSE FOR MANY YEARS NOW.

In a sense I am helping the cause. Problem?

All those things you have listed do not belong to everyone. More of a majority of people who believe in God and heaven and that sort of jazz. Majority of people do have those things. I do not, and I don't want to sit on my computer all day and listen to a bunch of idiots blabbing about ideas and a common good that will never exist in this world. Its been hundreds of thousands of years on this earth and a "common good or world peace" have never happened. Grow up and get over the one world, one people mentality.

As an afterthought, you are either a morally bankrupt individual or an angry teenager (likely a metal fan) who thinks they've figured it all out.

What's wrong with being a

Metal_Fan.jpg

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I am in fact unfazed by this because it happens everyday. Why should I be concerned about them when I have a hard time living myself.

All those points you posted are just as ridiculous as this fad.

Evolutionary mechanism to ensure the passing on of genetic information? What AIDS?

Result of tribal culture that places men in a position of dominance and women in a subservient role dedicated to babymaking? Say no and die. If they were smart that is what they would do.

Idea that having more children increases the likelihood that a few will survive childhood and live happy adult lives? They don't have the money to pay for AIDS meds, that comes from our pockets. Which isn't right.

Hope that more children will mean more workers who will be able to support you later in life? I would hope that those children don't come to my country and hope to live of Taxpayers their entire lives like most immigrants at this moment.

Lack of access to birth control in a male dominated society that demands intercourse? See point 2.

Maybe if the women in those parts of the world would understand that closing their legs once in awhile might actually help their country.

Confirmed for complete ignorance.

How is that complete ignorance? In my city we have [bleep] who have multiple children, no different than them. THEY CAN NOT HELP THEIR CHILDREN SO WHY ARE THEY BEING IRRESPONSIBLE AND HAVING KIDS.

Could it be

-an evolutionary mechanism to ensure the passing on of genetic information?

-the result of tribal culture that places men in a position of dominance and women in a subservient role dedicated to babymaking?

-the idea that having more children increases the likelihood that a few will survive childhood and live happy adult lives?

-the hope that more children will mean more workers who will be able to support you later in life?

-lack of access to birth control in a male dominated society that demands intercourse?

No wait, scratch all of those, you're probably right. African women are just [bleep]s.

Lets see now.. Tax dollars->American Government->United Nations->the CURRENT PEACEKEEPING MISSION IN FREAKING UGANDA THAT ALREADY EXISTS FOR THIS CAUSE FOR MANY YEARS NOW.

In a sense I am helping the cause. Problem?

As an afterthought, you are either a morally bankrupt individual or an angry teenager (likely a metal fan) who thinks they've figured it all out.

What's wrong with being a

-snip-

Metal fans blow.

128802618036793750.jpg

sig2-3.jpg

I am in fact unfazed by this because it happens everyday. Why should I be concerned about them when I have a hard time living myself.

All those points you posted are just as ridiculous as this fad.

Evolutionary mechanism to ensure the passing on of genetic information? What AIDS?

Result of tribal culture that places men in a position of dominance and women in a subservient role dedicated to babymaking? Say no and die. If they were smart that is what they would do.

Idea that having more children increases the likelihood that a few will survive childhood and live happy adult lives? They don't have the money to pay for AIDS meds, that comes from our pockets. Which isn't right.

Hope that more children will mean more workers who will be able to support you later in life? I would hope that those children don't come to my country and hope to live of Taxpayers their entire lives like most immigrants at this moment.

Lack of access to birth control in a male dominated society that demands intercourse? See point 2.

angry-desk-flip.jpg

That doesn't make any sense what so ever. Say no and die? That sounds like a swell idea mate.

sig2-3.jpg

Oh dear god. You people are ridiculous, this is not only a fad, but it is a hipster fad. All these 16-20 getting behind this shit are mostly comprised of hipsters who have nothing better to do than try to change shit for their liking.

Evil is all over the world. Just because one man is famous now doesn't mean there aren't 20+ people like him in the world. When he is gone another will claim his spot and so on and so forth. Evil cannot be stopped no matter how many of you people try to stop it. Everyone who has jumped on this bandwagon is trying to change something that won't change. You can sure as hell try but don't try to guilt-trip me into doing something I do not want to do. This idea is a stupid manifestation of the whole "everyone is equal and blah blah blah garbage". Why the hell do we care about fixing some poor, starving, probably aids infected children in Uganda, meanwhile we have hundreds of thousands of starving children in our own countries.

My opinion may not be a majority but I would rather voice my opinion than follow a fad.

This is the same opinion I have as natural disasters. Why should we give our money that we need for some broke ass Haitians/Other places that have been hit by earthquakes and shit recently that are not of First World Country status. The people who give their time, money and food to those people are idiots. WHY WOULD WE AS A COUNTRY GIVE OUR TIME AND MONEY TO A COUNTRY THAT IN THE CASE WE GET HIT BY SOME FREAK DISASTER WOULD NOT RETURN THE FAVOR. It is absolutely ridiculous. Save our country before even giving a shit about other people.

Thank you for voicing your opinion even if it is not popular! nice post! I think along the same lines as you.

What an edgy worldview you're got there. If you are unfazed by tens of thousands of children dying in the most heinous of circumstances, which would be in all reality quite easy to prevent, with the end result being a better world for your offspring, then you are a terrible person from an objective standpoint.

I really do not like reading something like that on these forums. . That attack was completely uncalled for.

What an edgy worldview you're got there. If you are unfazed by tens of thousands of children dying in the most heinous of circumstances, which would be in all reality quite easy to prevent, with the end result being a better world for your offspring, then you are a terrible person from an objective standpoint.

I really do not like reading something like that on these forums. . That attack was completely uncalled for.

That wasn't an attack; it was a point.

sig2-3.jpg

stating an attack like a fact doesn't make it a "point". how terrible someone is is completely subjective. different people have different notions of what it means to be a terrible person. For example, I don't see how someone can be "terrible" if they are not harming someone, which "Correct" was not.

Sometimes the truth doesn't sound good.

you would know ;)

Are people seriously only finding out about this now? That's pathetic. Nevertheless, this hype will just blow over in a week and Kony will be forgotten by the American people again.

I really don't see that being the case, Gabe.

He's right. Every year at my high school they would have a group called Invisible Children come by and show a video on Kony and the situation and everyone would be really supportive and post it on Facebook and maybe buy a bracelet for about a week, and then everyone forgets about it until it comes around the next year.

aw, i was just meaning that my statement- your attack was uncalled for - might not have sounded too good to you, and it might have been the truth, as truth is defined.

I'm glad you've formed your own understanding of what it means to be a terrible person. For you it may be as simple as that.