6-March-2011 - Player Armour, Gnomes and Clan Fealty

Saradomin_Mage

Don't quite understand the Castle Wars update. What was the minimal time of involvement to be classed the rewards, before the update?

The graphical update is generally impressive. I'm hoping the untouched armour will get attention soon. I'm happy that the gnomes finally fit in with the graphics of the game, too.

Don't quite understand the Castle Wars update. What was the minimal time of involvement to be classed the rewards, before the update?

Zero. You can hop between games on different worlds too, iirc.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I just realized that the new varrock armor looks TERRIBLE compared to the old set.

check out dem manboobs

also realized that female sara, arma, and guthix rune set tops accidentally used the bat wing motif from zaros rather than the feather/laurel motif that's on the male versions

8f14270694.jpg

Hmm, odd noone mentioned that Torva set now looks like Sauron and the Witchking of Angmar. :P I find them very alike to each other.

Also, the last update seems to have fixed a problem with the plateskirts, instead of a textured skirt, it first was a brown blob between your legs. :P

But I'm still mad they accidentily turned my zuriel into a corrupt version, causing it to desintagrate when worn. :c

Oh my, those heraldic armors do like even worse now. How hard would it have been to simply make a proper texture that fits rather than have an extra one floating over the armor? Torva looks a bit goofy now too, but at least I don't have to spend hundreds of millions to buy a set anymore.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

I think out of all the updated armor, Infinity an Armadyl look the best imo, atleast on females.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

I was helping out some people getting their trimmed capes with cw games (I got wins out of it for hybrid armor). It seemed like if you were in game at the very end, it'd count. So they'd hop around starting games with people like me, then come back when games were ending. This is from what I saw while I afk'ed in there lol.

icecube7.jpeg

I just logged on RuneScape for the first time in years. I cannot tell what anything is, I've seen what looks to be like 5+ variations of normal Rune armor. Man.. if I start playing again I'm going to have to learn what each armor looks like.. rofl.

EnEx.png

Fire cape owner since September 25th, 2006.

I just logged on RuneScape for the first time in years. I cannot tell what anything is, I've seen what looks to be like 5+ variations of normal Rune armor. Man.. if I start playing again I'm going to have to learn what each armor looks like.. rofl.

Only 5 variants! Man there's another 9 to see yet!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Only 5 variants! Man there's another 9 to see yet!

Of just normal Rune? Or are you talking about Guthix/Sara/Trim etc?

And from what I've seen, looks like dragon boots, rune, gilded, chainmail, and dragonhide need some serious work.

EnEx.png

Fire cape owner since September 25th, 2006.

Variants of rune: normal, gilded, trimmed, gold trimmed, sara, guthix, zammy, bandos, armadyl, zamorak, heraldic 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

AND ALL OF THOSE HAVE SKIRTS TOO

This is the list I had in my head for the numbers but without gilded since it doesn't look like rune particularly and only ties in through shared stats.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The number's right but the list isn't... :P

Eh?

He said he'd seen 5

For simplicity let's say they were heraldic 1 through 5

I said 9 left:

1) Plain

2) Trim

3) Gold trim

4) Sara

5) Guthix

6) Zammy

7) Arma

8) Bandos

9) Zaros

That leaves Gilded as the only other rune variant and the one I did not include in my numbers.

Edit: After posting this I saw what you meant he put Zammy and Zamorak opposed to Zammy and Zaros or Zamorak and Ancient if we want to be game name correct.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

^ Not to mention we can the put in

Rune Chainbody

Rune Square Shield

Rune Plateskirt/all variants

Rune Helm

Rune berserker shield

Rune spike shield

then ofc boots/culin gloves/gauntlets

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

For the most part, they all share that distinctive blue-green base color. That should be a good way to distinguish between sets.

The rest of the gear might be a bit more problematic; to my knowledge, looking at the color only wouldn't work on some of the blessed hide sets, since Jagex forgot the trims and all of the hide sets are just palette swaps, and probably void.

Unless we're talking about distinguishing between chain/plate and leg/skirt... Then I've got nothing

This makes me want to log back in.

Those infinity robes. UNF. Makes me wish I hadn't sold mine for Ahrims.

Don't worry, Ahrim's still has far better stats in everything but ranged attack :D.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted