6-March-2011 - Player Armour, Gnomes and Clan Fealty

Saradomin_Mage

http://i.imgur.com/ocXAr.png[/img

These dragon boots look like Blood'n'tar snelms ...

Lioving the armour update though the rune looks a little too ornate and flamboyant.

Is that Agile armour? It's just that if it is, basically nothing I was wearing at the time seems to have updated.

It was black d'hide.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

If making graphical enhancements and promoting membership is what it takes to continue business growth for Jagex then i'm all for it. This update seems to continue the trend towards that, and most of the armour enhancements i've seen are pretty decent and match the feel of the game.

Low_C.png

IljF5.png

Before, Torag's and Bandos didn't mix. Now they do. Loving every single percent of this update. Even the citadel xp boosts are awesome! Getting 190,5xp per looming atm, and it will only get better!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

sniiav.pngSold Gilded before taking any pictures. It's pretty awful... Sorry!

Ended up selling most everything I bought actually. Will probably sell Dragon pieces too...

2ah893o.png

I'm not a man, I'm a weapon in human form. Just unsheath me and point me at the enemy.

Can't believe how many people asked me if I was wearing Torva. I started just saying yes. Full Torva with Torva kite!!

Wat is that white/black armour?

Void Melee Helm and Black (T). AKA Black (Torva).

2dgucz6.png

Dragon armor looks horrible now (not that I use any of it but the boots, though). The boots, unfortunately, look like socks. Otherwise, no complaints from me. The update was much needed.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

The new armor is the same as the barrows stuff. Horrible.

More content added to the game that makes it unplayable for me. Brilliant.

The aesthetics of the game make it unplayable for you? I could personally care less what the game looks like as long as the gameplay remain's the same or improved rather than moving backwards in terms of development.

Low_C.png

The aesthetics of the game make it unplayable for you? I could personally care less what the game looks like as long as the gameplay remain's the same or improved rather than moving backwards in terms of development.

Honestly the gameplay isn't as smooth as before.

So question is: does all these updates have a negative effect on the gameplay?

Yes. Those "aesthetics" make Runescape unplayable because they put too much lag on my computer. I can't even go to Burthrope due to the horrid white screen. I doubt the gnome place will be any different.

That and now I can't tell what armor set another player is using against me. They all look the exact same to me.

I like new dragon boots. Don't like/haven't seen the rest of the items. Like with the barrows update, I dislike how this makes everything look so similar. From a distance on fixed it'll be hard for me to tell dragonhide from metal armour even. That'll take awhile to get used to. And they lengthened the bandos tassets =\.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Yes. Those "aesthetics" make Runescape unplayable because they put too much lag on my computer. I can't even go to Burthrope due to the horrid white screen. I doubt the gnome place will be any different.

That and now I can't tell what armor set another player is using against me. They all look the exact same to me.

I thought that was because of the bot nuke but I just returned so I would have to be refreshed on what is causing the lag on low end machines. As for my computers, I haven't experienced any game hindering performance issues but I'm sure if I tried playing on a computer I played runescape on several years ago it would be unplayable.

Low_C.png

Does anyone have a set of the "spiky" dragon plate set they can post?

Spiky on top, regular on bottom for comparison purposes:

NewDragonArmor.png

By chance can anybody post pics of Black armour (Normal, trimmed, gold trimmed and elite black) please?

I only own the Elite, so I can do that one at least:

NewEliteBlackArmor.png

Personally I really like the Elite Black armor. I wish it had better stats and I'd wear it all the time. I like all the other armor updates I've seen so far too. Good job by Jagex in my opinion. :)

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Some of it is a bit busy, but I like a lot of what I've seen. Thanks for all the screen shots etc. guys.

Really glad the d'hide isn't so flat anymore.

Question:

Not much of a merchanting expert but I bought a saradomin (trimmed rune) set before the update around 3.94mil hoping to make a bit selling it now. The updated armour looks good to me, but do you guys think selling it quickly (today) is a safer bet or do these things tend to climb a little further in the next week or so?

Any answer appreciated if you don't mind me asking for some quick advice.

FYI, spikes saved dragon armour.

Unspiked regular, or gilded looks like shit.

New

newdragonspiked.png

Very Old

dragonplateandlegsredone.jpg

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol