My article planned for next week is quite positive :grin:

Yay! :mrgreen:

The one I'm curently writing has a positive twist also. Inb4 same ideas? :D

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Those were two depressing articles.

hate to say it, but this. Possible to request positiveness next week? :lol:

Mine is an experimental historical article. I can't share anymore than that right now, though :wink:

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Those were two depressing articles.

hate to say it, but this. Possible to request positiveness next week? :lol:

Mine is an experimental historical article. I can't share anymore than that right now, though :wink:

ಠ_ಠ

Mine is a speculative 'historical' article as well, in a sense. It speculates about the history of something very important to this game. I'm going to just cut off further details before it sounds awkward and/or lame :P

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Re: Game of Drones

Article was a nice read. I've seen a lot of talk recently about how the 'end' of Runescape is coming. It's a nice article to address that.

Personally, I don't see any reason present that absolutely says "hey, guys, the game's going to end any time now." Jagex is trying different methods of gaining members, boosting sales, increasing prices, spreading into different game arenas, etc. I don't agree with all of them, but I understand the need for experimentation. These changes tend to reflect in the player base as 'the beginning of the end' when it could also be the opposite, 'the beginning of a new start.'

I'm probably going to leave Runescape someday, but I have no plans to do so in the immediate future. I stick around for the stories, the community, and friends. I'm not big on skilling itself - but of course I recognize that as a major part of what it is is to 'play RS.'

Re: Gee, Thanks

Well, unfortunately I'd have to agree with several of the comments thus far. The article didn't do much for me, but I do understand the FPS issue has affected many players since the Bot Nuke. That said, Jagex is working to fix it as best they can - no matter how you look at it, something that 'in your face' broken does not look good. Therefore, it has to be fixed ASAP. I was quite impressed when Daniel Clough (Mod Cloughie) posted on the price increase thread in General forum on RSOF saying that the lag is/was top priority for the appropriate team.

The way it clumped everyone into one also just didn't suit my fancy...though I understand its valuable impact.

Re: Did you know...

Already knew it, but I had forgotten lol. Great tip!

alazsig.png

Both of these articles were pretty depressing.

I don't feel like the game is ending, if anything the quality of the updates has been steadily increasing to me. The fact that the Bot Nuke was as much a success as it was... that is impressive. I didn't think it would be possible. I don't see how anyone would expect bot developers to go away, though. So I don't feel like it wasn't a success. It just couldn't be a permanent solution.

As for doubts about the game, I play, I have fun, I love chatting/talking with old time friends on the game. There are some amazing people I would never have met except that this game brought us together.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

God, have the Tip.it Times really not changed since I stopped reading them a year or two ago? I got tired of authors constantly [bleep]ing about this and that with the game and, with the exception of a few in recent weeks, it hasn't changed. I know there will always be doomsayers and nostalgia elitists wherever I go on the internet, but come on, allow some positivity for a change. Write something that doesn't make me think that the real reason RS might end is because everyone keeps droning on about it ending and not because of any actual problem with the game.

A lot of the T.I.T. articles are getting a little depressing. But it shows what a lot of players think. It looks worse on paper than it does in reality, tbh.

Where can I write one of these articles btw?

553VriC.png?1

A lot of the T.I.T. articles are getting a little depressing. But it shows what a lot of players think. It looks worse on paper than it does in reality, tbh.

Where can I write one of these articles btw?

Write a piece of at least 600 words on a single topic and submit it to to any member of the Editorial Panel (such as tripsis or me).

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Btw did anyone get the

reference?

Actually, that was the first thing to come to mind when I saw the title. :^_^:

I read the feature article, but I will take my time thinking about what I want to say. The only thing I don't like was that there is just two articles this week, but at least more time to focus.

Hopefully at least three articles will be published for this Sunday :) I liked the second article best. I know it's gloomy, but it summed up my thoughts on why I don't play RuneScape any- more. Too many irrelevant updates, so little time to adapt. And horrible, horrible lag. :P

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Btw did anyone get the

reference?

Actually, that was the first thing to come to mind when I saw the title. :^_^:

I read the feature article, but I will take my time thinking about what I want to say. The only thing I don't like was that there is just two articles this week, but at least more time to focus.

For a minute there, it looked like we might've had to do with just 1 article! Luckily mine was ready-ish to go after I pulled an all-nighter to save the day :P

Btw, my article was meant to inspire people to at least make something of a bucket-list for RS... But I guess setting goals for yourself is sort of that already...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

It looks worse on paper than it does in reality, tbh.

Yes. At least I hope so.

These doomsayers have been around since at least 2007, probably sooner (I know because I used to troll them on the official RS forums). We're in 2012 and RS is, if anything, probably stronger than ever. Both the game and the site look a hell of a lot better, there's much more to do, many things are much more convenient (money pouch, tool-belt, bank tabs, equipment and other stuff from the bank, etc.), getting into the heat of the game is faster (this is a good thing, yes), and they've even got Runefest now.

I mean, it's not like I think everything in the game is perfect. Taking free players off the high scores is the worst thing Jagex ever did and is one of very few updates I actually consider to be not only bad, but having a negative effect on the game. Refer a Friend is basically official real-world trading, and some of the stuff you can get from the Squeal of Fortune is just too good for 1-2 completely free shots a day, not to mention free players being able to get member's items but being told they need to subscribe to claim it. However, there's really nothing I can think of aside from those that I consider bad at all, even if some of it is borderline (Loyalty Program).

But if I write an article complaining about all the doomsayers, that doesn't actually make me any better, does it?