Is it worth coming back?

Runecrafts

Back in like, October I got really bored of the game and by Nov-Dec, I stopped playing and canceled my membership.

I've been a bit bored lately and had an urge to get membership and start playing again - but is it worth coming back to the game? Has anything improved, or has anything gotten worse?

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Clan Citadels have improved a lot imo, much more xp from them now (45% more if you work regularly) and the woodcutting and mining resources are far more afk.

The armour rework brought some pretty good graphics and the gnome area looks much better now too.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I would recommend working yourself back into it easily. You obviously quit for a reason and this may because you played the hell out of the game too much. I've done it myself and I just have a bit of time to relax.

Everyone has their own opinions on what aspects of the game make it good, so I would say look through the main news archives and see if anything catches your eyes.

I can't remember when it was but I believe you quit before the bot nuke? If so that's been one of the best things for me - the community seems a bit friendlier imo and I think market prices are fairer - ie skillers will get more money out of doing skills cos there arent several thousands of bots doing it

Muckytears.png

I agree with muckytears, read over the news see if there is anything you fancy, the bot nuke was amzing for me as well, I hated skilling as there was no money to it and most skills were always busy, now I can actually do a skill and earn cash, and there are really players there with me ^_^ there are also some good graphical reworks going on at the moment too, I love most of the armour and the TzHaar are amazing looking now.

Aeryn11.png

13034431.png

Yeah, I was kind of playing off and on after the bot nuke happened.

I really stopped playing because I found myself logging in, standing around wondering what to do for awhile, then I'd think of something and change my mind because it's boring, then log off - lol.

I've seen a few in-game bots in the F2P game - are bots back or what?

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

The bots seem to be returning to F2P, particularly the ones shouting out the websites we should visit to buy gold.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Personally I think that since you had an interest before it's worth trying again, find what you enjoy about the game. It varies for each person, setting yourself goals, quests (which just keep getting better and better, soo comical as well) ect. However if you can decide on a few things that you want to do in advance then the next time you log on you'll not end up being unsure on what to do.

On the bot front:

There are still a few bots around, although there has been a great decrease in the numbers, they're slowly creeping back in. I've heard that another anti-bot update is due in the next month or 2 which should hopefully finish them off for good, or at least stall them for sooo much longer.

Hunter_Ghor.png

Pattern recognition bots have improved and some reflection bots are working again, I'd currently estimate bot numbers somewhere around a third of players or so. However, there should be a new big anti-bot update coming very soon, likely even in march.

I returned a week ago, started by doing some quests, and i find runescape a lot more enjoyable now that there are a lot fewer bots. Quests are still very entertaining!

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody