How Fast Is Yours?

Mr_Muto

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 tests, this is the middle one, with the worst ping. Also, this one was done on a server in the same city as me. Something I hadn't thought about is this is an unlimited data plan, which I guess means they get to hose my speed in return for not charging my mortgage in monthly internet fees.

1853587425.png

Uni is much slower download (like .3 or something), but a bit faster on the upload, and with better ping. Depends on the time of day though.

3 tests, this is the middle one, with the worst ping. Also, this one was done on a server in the same city as me. Something I hadn't thought about is this is an unlimited data plan, which I guess means they get to hose my speed in return for not charging my mortgage in monthly internet fees.

1853587425.png

Uni is much slower download (like .3 or something), but a bit faster on the upload, and with better ping. Depends on the time of day though.

Not that bad... The thing I am going to say, is that the interesting part is not the speeds, but where the people are. For me at least...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my parents connection. Loving how its nearly in the top 25%, despite this being a rural area (I think they use Halifax as the location for the entire Halifax Regional Municipality).

Much nicer than my city connection, though it probably helps that my computer is the only one running right now.

1884412129.png

• 1 month later...

Replaced my ISP's router with a server (WAN enters, LAN comes out a separate port). Not really a server since it's technically a computer but still.

Now getting the full speed I pay for.

1953252426.png

1957565529.png

Apparently this is what having a $67/month grandfathered unlimited account get you from Bell... <_<

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

1957565529.png

Apparently this is what having a $67/month grandfathered unlimited account get you from Bell... <_<

Lol that's a huge difference. You have Bell and I have Bell Aliant which isn't really the same company. I pay about the same as you and there are no caps with Bell Aliant here, whatever the plan.

And this is through the 3G connection on my iPhone

1958555170.png

Maybe I should just start using that instead. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The internet at my parent's store. I had forgot it was so slow here. It didn't seem like that.

1958721257.png

The upside is unlike at home, which normally gets 6.1 or 6.2 down, it doesn't go out every half hour.

1963935274.png

Really wanting to upgrade, since trying to download anything 1gb+ takes over an hour...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

1982933932.png

It still feels miserably slow whenever I play TF2.

By the way, has anyone used that "TuneUp" thing they're advertising? Is it any good?

That thing is probably bogus (as many "tune up" utilities). I can't see it since I block the ads, so it's probably not advertised by speedtest.net.

Better internet :grin:

1993585937.png

My friend showed me this "Game Booster" thing that shuts down any unnecessary programs when turned on, which increases performance, and so far I'm quite liking it.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

77Mbps down which is 9.6MBps

home connection. doesn't matter though because i've never seen it go more than 2MBps.

I think it's either what you do that doesn't need more, or you're getting throttled by your ISP. I only pay for 1.8MBps (15Mbps) and I've seen it go over 2MBps before.

Last time I did this was with my laptop, and possibly on our old router which was broken. This is what my PC looks like when its talking to the wireless N router, with a 35% signal as measured by the router, not the PC).

I want more of this at my place!

1997611372.png

home connection. doesn't matter though because i've never seen it go more than 2MBps.

I think it's either what you do that doesn't need more, or you're getting throttled by your ISP. I only pay for 1.8MBps (15Mbps) and I've seen it go over 2MBps before.

it's the former. I meant that as in I don't really use that much speed because I don't really download HD movies or whatever.

it's the former. I meant that as in I don't really use that much speed because I don't really download HD movies or whatever.

I see. I don't download much either, but I do a lot of streaming on youtube and netflix so yeah. I also have a few servers on my desktop which can use a good bit of bandwidth, just using these servers and stuff, my computer uses over 4GB of RAM when idle LOL. Most of the usage I'm doing on my internet though has to do with my college course though. Still, soon going to be time to at least upgrade my processor, and I'm stuck to first gen i7 since I'm on the socket 1156 (currently an i3).