General DG solo questions

xByrdman

Im trying to solo DG too 80 right now I'm 44 I understand when to prestige and stuff. After I rushedthe first 10 floors on small c1 I switched to medium c6 and it took me a little less than 45 minutes to complete. Am I just slow? What would be a good time per dungeon? Also what should I have bound? Currently I have a rapier bound I think argonite (I have 73 attack so whichever tier that is) and 79 range with I think t6 arrows bound

xByrdman.png

You should bind the best 2h that you can and upgrade your ring to at least tier 5 berserker and only train strength while dungeoneering. Laws would be your best secondary bind.

Why laws? And how many tokens is t5 zerk?

xByrdman.png

Laws allow you to teleport to the group gatestone, this can save you a lot of time in running. They require 54 runecrafting to make so since you can't make them yourself you'll need to get them made for you so you can bind them. You'll also want to make cosmic runes at the start of each floor as this allows you to create another gatestone to further save you running. As Paul said your best 2 handed weapon and when you get 50 dungeoneering bind the best platebody you have available too.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Fishing probably is the one skill worth it if you're soloing :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I soloed all the way to 85 dung.

Rushed frozen

Small furnished and abandoned

Rushed warped or whatever they were

I averaged 10-15 minutes for a small room and 20-30 mins for the occasional medium.

Probably the least efficient way of soloing.

I also only mined argonite and made my own armour and only used food that I picked up. I'm level 137 so it was probably easier for me though.

bGmskuB.gif

Rushed frozen

I averaged 10-15 minutes for a small room and 20-30 mins for the occasional medium.

I also only mined argonite and made my own armour and only used food that I picked up. I'm level 137 so it was probably easier for me though.

I know it might be tough to give a number but do you have any idea how many hours it took you for 85? I also think those times are realistic for me I tried a small c6 and did it in about 15 minutes I just need practice

xByrdman.png

Rushed frozen

I know it might be tough to give a number but do you have any idea how many hours it took you for 85? I also think those times are realistic for me I tried a small c6 and did it in about 15 minutes I just need practice

Between 30 and 50 hours from 80 to 85

1-85? A lot.

bGmskuB.gif

Rushed frozen

1-85? A lot.

Jeez I'll stop at a chaotic which is before 85 right? But still probably 40-60 hours for 80 DG I'm guessing

xByrdman.png

Rushed frozen

1-85? A lot.

Jeez I'll stop at a chaotic which is before 85 right? But still probably 40-60 hours for 80 DG I'm guessing

80 should be enough xp for a chaotic. I spent some of my tokens so I had to get 85.

bGmskuB.gif

You'll most likely need 81 since you should be buying scroll of life and upgrading your ring accordingly.

Remember to consult your map often to shave off time. Stev's DGSweeper is pretty awesome for this.

20-30 mins for a medium is pretty slow. You should be aiming for sub 15s at least.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

You'll most likely need 81 since you should be buying scroll of life and upgrading your ring accordingly.

Remember to consult your map often to shave off time. Stev's DGSweeper is pretty awesome for this.

20-30 mins for a medium is pretty slow. You should be aiming for sub 15s at least.

15 for a medium?.. O_o

xByrdman.png

Maybe if he has the correct binds, knowledge etc he can pull off 15, but atm I wouldnt be in a panic about it. I managed ~25-30 meds and this was when I was using a crippled Zerker pure.

Popoto.~<3

Maybe if he has the correct binds, knowledge etc he can pull off 15, but atm I wouldnt be in a panic about it. I managed ~25-30 meds and this was when I was using a crippled Zerker pure.

Thanks! 25 seems realistic after some practice

xByrdman.png