27-Mar-2012 - Morytania Tasks

Saradomin_Mage

It's high time for a new set of Tasks (or Achievement Diary for the hardened veterans among you), so RuneScape's eeriest area – Morytania – has been given the full Task treatment. There's plenty to do as you traverse Morytania's foggy fens and ramshackle settlements, and the rewards on offer are gruesomely good.

You can now complete 51 brand-new Tasks within Morytania, across Easy, Medium, Hard and Elite categories. Everything from crafting snelms and playing skullball all the way up to summoning a ghast familiar and besting all seven of the Barrows Brothers is included, so you’ll be busy for some time.

Completing the Easy Tasks will earn you a set of leg armour, whose stats and other benefits increase as you complete the higher category. To start with, they’ll double the fungus created by the Bloom spell, and later benefits include double-speed cannonball making in Port Phasmatys; 50% more XP from burning shades; and a chance to runecraft additional blood runes per essence.

What's more, completing a category will also impart a number of permanent, passive perks that remain in effect whether or not you're wearing the Morytania legs. These include increased Slayer XP while completing tasks in the tower; free planks each day; increased yield and no disease on the Morytania mushroom patch; the ability to exchange bones for bonemeal and slime each day; and reduced prayer point drain in the Barrows.

Finally,it wouldn't be complete without a healthy helping of XP lamps – usable in the skills of your choice.

Along with the Morytania Tasks comes our latest Early Bird Bonus. Everyone who completes the Easy and Medium Tasks before April 11th 2012 will receive an additional 15k XP lamp for use on any skill over level 50.

Head across the River Salve to get started! Take a look here for a summary of the Tasks, and full details of the rewards.

Mod Maz

In Other News

Completion of the Priest in Peril quest is no longer a requirement for reaching Morytania.

Visit our freshly redesigned Audio Assets page to treat your ears to some fine RuneScape music, now including tracks from the Troll Warzone and the TzHaar rework.

All XP reward interface graphics have been reworked.

[spoiler=Patch Notes]

Graphical:

Some floating tree canopies in Draynor have been removed.

A willow tree in Seers' Village will now correctly remove the tree's canopy.

Skills & Minigames:

Players no longer have a blank option in the minimenu when leaving the Flash Powder Factory.

Other:

Logging out and in again no longer stops bleed damage from the bakriminel bolts.

Players can once again fire weapons that do not require ammunition with bakriminel bolts equipped.

It is now only possible to create 10 bakriminel bolts at a time using the make-x interface.

Defence experience is no longer given to players using bakriminel bolts in the "Target: Legs" stance.

Wearing runecrafter robes no longer causes a player to get kicked from Entrana.

Players are now more consistently given a message when they can claim a clan ring.

The XP hitmark progress bar is now more accurate around the mid-points of a level.

Players can no longer claim lower tiered auras whilst having a higher-tiered version in their possession.

The compost bin in Herblore Habitat will no longer be invisible to some players.

Some text on a chat interface in Tai Bwo Wannai Trio is no longer coloured blue.

Some bankers in East Ardougne bank are no longer facing the wrong way.

We've made some changes to the way animation works which will allow us to do things we couldn't previously. We've done everything we can to ensure that this goes smoothly but it you do see any bugs, please let us know.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GHAST.

cya TM

As a more complete comment, WHERE IS MY GNOME FIX. Still get 50% jam (or 45 second loads) heading into TGS. And hello to RC xp

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Wow this update was early, was still getting my Trekking NPC's to level 99. Only 45 levels to each of my Hard ones to go.

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

Should all be good for me other than a few elite tasks, hoping the only elite I can't do is making prayer renewal; don't want another Karamja where I have like 8 tasks locked. Swapping bones for meal and slim daily & free planks sounds nice.

If you can cope with having money in bones for a while you can get 4* xp for prayer easier by the sounds of it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Dang now nubs won't ask how I managed to have a ghast follow me out of the swamp. Oh well lol

Also, damn you fishing. Only task needed for fally/fremenik, and now Morytania...

84-87 farming shouldn't take too long at least but 82 - 91 fishing...

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Looks good and I should be able to do all the tasks :)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Nice set of tasks. Only one I can't do is the Prayer Renewal one which I knew anyway. Will just get two levels and stew for it like I'll have to do for the fishing one. A bit lame that it's essentially the same as the Fremmy one.

Sylpheed.png

Shade-Shattering Ka-Bloom should be:

Cast bloom using a Flail of Ivandis that has been upgraded with at least 200 burnt shades or kill a vyre with an upgraded blister wood item with at least 200 vyre corpses burnt.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Why is the same 96 fish req there? They couldn't think of anything more elite than training fishing, because that's soooo what people do in Morytania, fish!

[bleep] my life, I should prolly train fishing.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Could someone tell me the Xp Rewards of Easy-Med-Hard tasks? Including the Early Bird xp Reward Bonus

Easy 4k, med 10k, hard 20k, elite 140k, early bird 15k

Thank you very much :)

Does the Early Bird reward come after I've completed the Easy tasks? Or Do I have to complete all the tasks to get the extra 15k?