Will the dragon warhammer ever be released?

My idea for the dragon warhammer's special attack:

Hugely powerful attack that takes a few seconds to "charge" and does something like +50% damage that's very accurate and uses only 50% spec bar. While charging, you can't move, eat, or do essentially anything. Also, in multicombat, it can hit multiple enemies at once. Your opponent could just step away before the attack hits, but if they're within the 3x3 square around you, they'll get whacked.

I think it would be an interesting element to be added to PvP. It can deal tons of damage with great accuracy, but it's very easy to see coming due to the charge. You can even take advantage of the opponent's charge time to deal damage to them while they're unable to heal, but risk getting smacked for a lot of damage if you aren't careful. In PvM it would be more reliable seeing as monsters can't run away, as well the fact that it can do AoE in multi, it would be great for some situations.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trouble with dragon crossbows is that the tiers for crossbows are messed up, rune crossbow requires 61 ranged (???), dragon would have to require something in the 70s which gets very close to chaotic.

I still think Jagex ought to finish the set for completion's/old times' sake. As in an 'in other news' section update adding them to a couple of stores and ending it. They will not be useful but that's not what we want them for. It's more like the graphical update - doesn't add to combat strength but it's nice to have nonetheless.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I personally find the dragon weapons to be useful. My favorite dragon weapon is the battleaxe.

But I use the other dragon weapons as well. Yeah, the special attacks are the main reason I use them. But still dragon weapons can hit pretty well.

I will admit that I haven't tried out other weapons like godswords and stuff. I don't wanna try out the barrows weapons as I don't wanna pay every few hours when using them. But maybe I will try out other weapons.

The abyssal whip is overrated, I will say that. Even though the whip can hit pretty good I don't think it's better than the dragon battleaxe. I mean I get free attack boost without having to waste a potion with my dragon battleaxe, how useful is that?

Anyway, back on topic. Yeah, I'm fully aware that not many people use warhammers, but that doesn't change the fact that I would use a dragon warhammer if it was released.

The reason no one agrees with you is because you are wrong lol.

That's the problem. You don't know about the game. You don't know which weapons are worth using, and which aren't. That's not bad, per say, but it also expalins why you want a d warhammer.

Dragon is outdated. Every piece, except for their special, or for pures. For the general population, they have no meaning. Why bother?

Why Bother? Why bother? Why bother? No reason. There is no need for a warhammer.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

They can't make dragon armour without making it not fit in with the class or being useless due to being underpowered. The only real option is as a spec weapon. But we already have very powerful specials. I could see them introducing dragon smithing though and adding all the other stuff at that point.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

They can't make dragon armour without making it not fit in with the class or being useless due to being underpowered. The only real option is as a spec weapon. But we already have very powerful specials. I could see them introducing dragon smithing though and adding all the other stuff at that point.

Who says new weapon released have to over power the ones that currently exist? Perhaps they could release some to fill the gaps. Not everyone is 138 and can both wield and buy the best weapons.

09144a99bb.png

Who says new weapon released have to over power the ones that currently exist? Perhaps they could release some to fill the gaps. Not everyone is 138 and can both wield and buy the best weapons.

Can you think of anywhere where a dragon hammer would be better then current equipment? Looking at stat progression from other warhammers that is.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

I could see the dragon war hammer being a tank version of the granite maul with maybe a stun effect or maybe halving the persons run energy.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Honestly unless you're a pure at 60 attack or something almost all dragon weapons are useless. They're only good for specials...

Last I checked, most people with 60-80 attack use the Dragon Scimitar ( aside from we all know how god-aweful it's spec is) because it has a strength option, whip's speed and can still be wielded with a shield or a defender, whilst the Saradomin Sword removes that ability.

Also it's decently affordable for a weapon that's existed as a major pillar for combat since 2006 or so, as opposed to the Brackish which has almost identical stats (swapping slash for stab) and doesn't cost 700k+

Chances are, there won't be a dragon W.Hammer because in this game atm, it would be obsolete with everything else currently in-place or serve a limited usefulness, like D Spear in Castle Wars.

Popoto.~<3

Can you think of anywhere where a dragon hammer would be better then current equipment? Looking at stat progression from other warhammers that is.

Can you think of a time when any hammer would be better then another weapon accessible at the same level? No, but it's an option. If it didn't have much use it'd be a cheaper alternative (Useless gear isn't often expensive) for those with less money. Can't tell me you don't remember being low level and finally having enough for a rune 2h or something.

Edit: And we're not always talking about elitists trying to get the best DPS. When I was a noob, I didn't give a rats about whether I was using a rune 2h, sword, longsword, etc. Only time I cared was 2h or BA for high hits when I was F2P pking.

09144a99bb.png

The dumb part of the warhammer implementation is that while the hammers had about 25% more crush attack than battleaxes, they had 25% less strength, which really was a fatal flaw in determining how useless this item was from release. If the dragon warhammer builds on that, it's going to be an even worse normal weapon compared to DBA (lol), so only a special attack could redeem it. Besides that, it'd have absolutely no use in normal combat, sadly.

EDIT derrr Stev beat me to it. :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Honestly unless you're a pure at 60 attack or something almost all dragon weapons are useless. They're only good for specials...

Last I checked, most people with 60-80 attack use the Dragon Scimitar ( aside from we all know how god-aweful it's spec is) because it has a strength option, whip's speed and can still be wielded with a shield or a defender, whilst the Saradomin Sword removes that ability.

Also it's decently affordable for a weapon that's existed as a major pillar for combat since 2006 or so, as opposed to the Brackish which has almost identical stats (swapping slash for stab) and doesn't cost 700k+

Chances are, there won't be a dragon W.Hammer because in this game atm, it would be obsolete with everything else currently in-place or serve a limited usefulness, like D Spear in Castle Wars.

I strongly disagree because the war hammer could be released similarly like the claws. One thing people haven't really touched on is the smithing levels required on the lower tiered items and the correlation between that and the usefulness of the items. I strongly believe that all dragon items follow this and therefore the war hammer should theoretically be the in between item of chaotic maul and the rune war hammer (even though the maul is technically a who different class item; offensive crush weapon). What would make it a useful item is if it had a spec added into it which I covered earlier. Hellif jagex wanted to make a dragon maul instead of war hammer I think it would still serve niche perposes.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

To be fair, you don't (and mostly shouldn't) be using a shield when training anyway, using a defender instead. Also, IIRC sara sword=dscimmy+rune defender. been years since I checked though.

@Stev. That was my point. The statement "here a dragon hammer would be better then current equipment" in NO way implies that any other warhammer is superior. To assume so would be asinine.

Stonewall337.png

To be honest I think we all know that if the dragon war hammer were to be released the only thing the majority of the players would care about, and by that I mean decent pvmers, would be its special. I mean c'mon if jagex could release such a devastating special attack for a slash/stab weapon like dragon claws then why not cover more of the board with an equally devistating crush special attack with the introduction of the war hammer.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm going to interject by posting a link to my article that is, by now, over two years old...

The Warhammer was indeed in development, as was the Crossbow, but I think those projects got shelved...

Anywho, for your reading pleasure:

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?times=409

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

For some reason I really wish they'd release the Dragon warhammer, with a spec like a mini-Statius' Warhammer. That'd be fun to use, I guess. Also for the sake of completing the set.

Wow. That's exactly what i was gonna say.

It would be cool if they found a way to make it not completely dominate SWH/BGS/Anchor/Darklight/Goliaths, yet still have it drain the stats of the enemy and be the prefered weapon in certain cases. (Making corp weak to warhammers along with spears would be a cool way to do it, and make the currently ridiculously overpriced SWH *slightly* more worthwhile. Dunno how it would fit, canon wise, but then again, how do spears in the first place?)

An alternative would be making them very common/easy to acquire and just let them sink into the game as a decent low level crush weapon. Spec identical/similar to dragon mace, to give it some use for pvp.

CNqWHdA.jpg