Tykras: Dreamer To Master -Current Progress Tab added,100 Dungeoneering Achieved,hexed, Moneymak

Tykras’ Road to The Trimmed Completionist Cape

NavaDragoneditedv2.png

Credits to Nava

The Goal: To develop from an average player to a Trimmed Completionist Owner in less than 2 years. I have seen posts for regular Completionist Cape goals and Maxing out, however I see the Trimmed Completionist Cape as a unique, amazing achievement in its own right, and I will stop at nothing until I achieve it. I will do this not only for myself but to inspire the Runescape community and show that anything in this game can be achieved if you work for it no matter where you begin.

Current Stats

Tykras.png

Progressively updates as I gain Levels :)

Current Progress

June 6, 2012

Decided to go for 100 Dungeoneering rather than 85 for 3 binds and a good milestone for my path to 120 in the future, and I achieved 100 Dungeoneering AND obtained a Hexhunter Bow! Screenshot of Bow will be up soon.

I also completed Nomad's Requiem, obtaining a useful Soul Wars Cape :]

Current plans now involve making money for Prayer and Herblore in order to use Turmoil, SS, and Overloads to achieve 99 Slayer and max all my combat skills through that (including 99 Range for the Hex).

End Goal

Navaendgoaleditedv4.png

Credits to Nava

Skills Plan

20110504001604Max_cape2ndedited-1.png

Combat (Melee Skills): I will max out my combat stats through slayer and strictly slayer.

bandos_intro.png

Ranged: I will be maxing Range by cannoning while slaying. Chinchompas should not be necessary if I cannon the majority of my tasks.

Dwarf_cannon.gif

Prayer: I will train Prayer through Dragon Bones on a Gilded Altar. As with all the buyables nowadays, the high prices to max them from my starting stats will be expensive, but when there is a will there is a way.

Prayer-Altar-Zogre.png

Magic: I will be training Magic through superheating while mining in order to efficiently max it alongside Mining and Smithing.

firesurge.png

Runecrafting: I will be training Runecrafting through ZMI and the RC factory update that will be released in the near future.

51658452393393894.png

Construction: I will be maxing construction through Mahogany tables and Oak Dungeon Doors.

75195273076666668.png

Agility: Complete (Trained through Wilderness Course, Ape Atoll, Gnome Extended Course, and Barbarian Extended Course).

barbarianspikes.png

Herblore: I will be training Herblore through Prayer Potions, Super Antifires, Extremes, and Overloads respectively.

Herblore_potion_mixing.gif

Thieving: Complete (Trained through Pyramid Plunder)

thievingpicture.png

Crafting: I will be training Crafting through Black Dragon Bodies, maybe Rubies for increased efficiency depending on money.

Crafting-GemCutting-Ruby.png

Fletching: I will be training Fletching through Broad Arrows.

fletching.png

Slayer: I will be maxing slayer through Kuradel, focusing on Xp rates and charms. If anyone has any advice on efficient Slayer block lists and tasks to complete if you would like to post I would be thankful, because Effigy nerf has changed much Slayer task recommendations.

Gargoyle2.png

Hunter: I will train Hunter to level 80 using Red Salamanders, then transitioning to Draconic Jadinkos for 80-99.

huntingjadinkos.jpg

Mining: I will be maxing Mining through LRC Concentrated Gold Mining utilizing the Superheating while Mining with Mousekeys method.

LivingRockCaverns.png

Smithing: Superheating while Mining Concentrated Gold Rocks in LRC alongside Mining and Magic.

Armour.png

Fishing: Complete (Trained through C2 Fishing)

c2fish1-1.png

Cooking: Complete (Trained through Lobsters, Monkfish, and Rocktails respectively)

CookingPicture.png

Firemaking: I will be training Firemaking up until 83 using Magic Logs with a Pyrelord. At 83 I will proceed to the Jadinko Lair for Curly Root Firemaking.

jadinko_lairintro-22103609.jpg

Woodcutting: I will be training Woodcutting at Arctic Pines with the Splitting Logs/Alching method.

Split_Logs_Final.gif

Farming: I am currently training Farming with Maple and Papaya trees. Will upgrade the trees as money increases.

newp2p_farming_guide.png

Summoning: I will be using all charms but golds with the Spirit Kyatt method. All charms will be collected through Slayer.

SummoningObelisk.gif

Dungeoneering: I will be joining Dungeoneering clans for my levels progressively, with other teams being predominately leeching services nowadays. If anyone wishes to help or advance

Dungeoneering with me at my low level up until 100+ or even 120 joined let me know i would appreciate it.

runescape-dungeoneering.jpg

Dailies: My Dailies are Farming runs, Jack of Trades, and Wicked Hood. I will do Bork runs if I require any extra charms but Slayer should be sufficient.

Weeklies: My weeklies at the moment include Penguin hunting and the Circus, they will increase as I approach closer to the timed Trimmed Requirements such as Shattered Heart.

Note: My style of training normally consists of training a skill straight to max level unless i require other skill levels to train it as efficiently as possible. This allows me to adapt to the training of that skill and train it quickly.

Regular Completionist Cape Requirements (Non-Stats)

Completionist_cape_animation.gif

All quests completed: I will complete quests as they are required for leveling methods, mainly for unlocking tasks and block spaces for Slayer. Upon earning 120 Dungeoneering, I will be completing all the remaining quests.

qUESTcAPE.gif

Every music track unlocked: I will unlocking Music Tracks as I Skill, Dungeoneer, and Quest. The remainder I will be unlocking after maxing total level.

Music_appreciating.png

All tasks completed: I will be completing tasks after maxing total level, completing some earlier for helpful task items for skilling and early bird bonuses.

Taskmaster-Emote.gif

All magic spells unlocked from Livid Farm: I will be unlocking Repair Rune Pouch for Runecrafting, and the remaining skills I will unlock after maxing total level.

livid_farming.jpg

All magic spells unlocked from Mage Training Arena: I will be unlocking the spells from the Mage Training Arena after maxing total level, because I don’t see why I would need it for any skilling.

All magic spells unlocked from Mage Arena: I will be unlocking the Mage Arena spells alongside getting the God Cape for combat maging (Fight Kiln etc)

All prayers unlocked from Dungeoneering: I will be prioritizing Rigour over the other prayers for future Nexing. I will unlock Augury for the Fight Kiln and the remainder I will get upon maxing total level.

All Varrock Museum Kudos earned: I will be earning the Kudos through Questing and Shattered Heart (A Trimmed Requirement), which should unlock all of the Kudos by the time all my Quests are completed.

Unlocked use of the Abyss: Complete

Laid the Goblin High Priests to rest: I will be doing this along with other miniquests after maxing total level.

Enchanted the salve amulet in The Lair of Tarn Razorlor: Complete

Returned Clarence to rest: I will be doing this after maxing total level.

Reached the end of the Stronghold of Security: Complete

Reached the end of the Stronghold of Player Safety: Complete

All 3 of the Fremmnik Sagas 100% Completed: I will be doing these alongside Dungeoneering.

Hunted the Thassalus ten times after the Deadliest Catch quest: I will do this while Questing post max total.

Completed the Fight Kiln minigame: I will be completing the Fight Kiln upon maxing combat through Slayer (Maybe before but fire cape should be sufficient until then), with the cape being useful until achieving the prestigious Completionist Cape.

1774.png

Note: Upon achieving the Regular Completionist Cape, I plan on creating a Runescape YouTube Channel to make commentary videos and entertain and help my fellow Scapers.

Trimmed Completionist Cape Requirements

Completionist_cape_t_emote.gif

4,000 Chompy kills: I will be killing the Chompies after achieving the regular Completionist Cape

GotchaChompyBird.png

Scabarite Research Notes completed: I will collecting these after achieving the regular Completionist Cape

Obtained the Shadow Sword: I will be doing this after the Completionist Cape

Highest rune shop unlocked from Ali Morrisane: I will do this after the Completionist Cape

All hot air balloon travel routes unlocked: I will be unlocking these after the Completionist Cape

Eagle Transport routes fully unlocked: I will be unlocking these after the Completionist Cape

Defeated the 4 sub-bosses in the Pollinveach Slayer Dungeon after Smoking Kills: I will be doing this while maxing Slayer.

Unlocked ability to craft all Slayer items and to deliver killing blows quicker: I will unlock these while maxing Slayer

Master White Knight rank obtained: I will be obtaining this after the Completionist Cape

Flying Broomstick unlocked: I will be unlocking this after the Completionist Cape

Found all hidden treasure from Making History: I will be finding all of the treasure after the Completionist Cape

Achieved 1,250+ Conquest rank: I will be achieving this after the Completionist Cape.

Rs_conquest_twitter_hint-1.png

Unlocked the full power of the Ivandis Flail and Blisterwood weapons. (500 burned vyrewatch): I will be doing this after the Completionist Cape.

17e85b25f6ac68322a560955566ab4c4.png

Unlocked maximum access to Mobilizing Armies rewards. (401 Rank): I will be getting to Rank 301 for imbued Berserker and Onyx rings. The remainder I will achieve after the Completionist Cape.

Defeated all champions: I will be defeating all of the champions after the Completionist Cape

Champions_guild_basement_west-1.png

Achieved maximum rank in each Barbarian Assault role: I will be achieving this after the Completionist Cape.

Completed all Court Cases: I will be doing these over time shortly before achieving the Completionist Cape because of its time cool down.

courthouse.jpg

Completed 25 chimp ice deliveries: I will be doing this after the Completionist Cape.

Completed all Barbarian Training with Otto: Complete

Found all barbarian notes in the Ancient Cavern: I will be finding these after the Completionist Cape

Unlocked all rewards from the Artisans Workshop: I will be unlocking these after the Completionist Cape

Obtained all circus clothing: I am almost done with these as I have been doing them alongside weekly penguin hunting. The remainder should be finished soon.

Completed the Dahmorac Statue in your player-owned house: I will begin the statue creation upon achieving the Completionist Cape and alongside my Castle Wars games.

Dahmaroc_Statue.gif

Unlocked the Scroll of Life ability: I will be unlocking this before the Completionist Cape while getting 120 Dungeoneering.

Unlocked the Scroll of Cleansing ability: I will be unlocking this before training Herblore for more efficient and cheaper training.

Unlocked the Scroll of Efficiency ability: I will be unlocking this while getting 120 Dungeoneering.

Leveled up all followers to 99 in Temple Trekking to unlock the Ghast Familiar. (now a requirement for untrimmed as summoning a ghast is in the Morytania task set): I will be doing this for my Tasks for the regular Completionist Cape because of the recent update.

Earned the Vyrelord/Vyrelady title after the Branches of Darkmyre: I will be doing this while burning 500 vyrewatch.

Visited the top of Dominion Tower. (Complete all achievements in Dominion Tower.): I will be these after the Completionist Cape, maybe killing the 500 bosses earlier if I ever require Goliath Gloves for anything.

Dominion_Tower_from_Citadel.png

Made a Zaros symbol in Char’s Training Cave: I will be doing this after completing the Firemaker’s Curse for the regular Completionist Cape.

Kill Sunfreet in the Dominion Tower: I will be killing Sunfreet with crush weapons after achieving the Completionist Cape.

Sunfreet.jpg

Played 5000 Castle Wars Games: I will be doing this as the very last requirement to the Trimmed Completionist Cape. It will be the final stretch to my goal. I will plan on playing as many as I can due to the recent Castle Wars boosting nerf, but it will get done.

clan_castle_wars.jpg

Note: I will be updating this thread as I achieve milestones and make big progress (99s, 120 Dungeoneering, Max Cape, Completionist Cape, Completionist Cape Trimmed, Big loot drops)

Donations

On the subject of Donations: Due to the high prices of the buyable skills in recent times and staking not being an option for me at the moment ( I don’t wish to leave the fate of my goal to pure luck.) donations are appreciated. :) I wish to avoid ‘budget training’ buyable skills in order to achieve my goal as efficiently and quickly as possible. All donations will go only to skills and the advancement of my goal to the Trimmed Completionist Cape (i.e. No Partyhats, Santa hats, anything unrelated to achieving the Cape.) However, I do not wish to make anyone feel like they have to donate and it is every individual’s choice what to do with the money they have worked to attain, which is completely understandable.

Closing Statements

This goal will be long and difficult, but the reward at the end is too great for me to ignore. I will be working hard. For all of the doubters of my goal, there have been many that have started out small with goals that seemed to far too reach, but through their dedication have achieved it. If you look at Suomi, many did not take his goal seriously at the beginning, now he has 4/5 billion experience points, making fast progress to his end goal. Castle Wars’ random miscellaneous goals seemed pointless until he was the first one to achieve the Trimmed Completionist Cape. My point is, anything can be done if you put your mind to it, and I wish to be one of those who prove that. Thank you everyone and I look forward to growing with the Runescape Community.

Note: I can be contacted in-game, my PM is always on :). I can also be contacted here on Tip.it.

“Legends are created not born.”

Got to hand it to you, you've definitely thought this through. I normally don't even know what I'm going to do until a few minutes after I log in. It will be intersting to see if you can get it all done in two years. Getting all those skills alone would be tricky for your average joe, let along all the other stuff that trimmed comp requires. Still, its good to have goals, and we all have to start out someplace. And even if this does end up taking longer than planned, its one hell of an achievement. Even in a few years I think the number of people with this cape will still be in the tens, which puts the owners in a very tiny percentage of the global population ~1.7e-6 %

Wow! Well planned out blog.

If you get a trimmed completionist cape in 2 years I will be amazed!

Good luck! :thumbup:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Lots of pictures! [haha I recognize RS wikia there ;P]

You already drew your path! Best of luck to follow it and achieve your goal, and I'm glad to have you added on RS, let me know if you ever need help for something! :D

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

In no particular order, I would suggest:

For firemaking, doing daily book of char runs is great xp.

You are pretty close to assisting, so you should start doing that every day. Good idea to train a bank skill while waiting for a skill to assist.

As for money, you should look into herb farming.

You should not need to chin after slayer.

You should be working on strange rocks right now instead of later. Free xp when it actually counts and you'll be training the skills anyway.

Good luck with the castle wars. I look forward to following this blog and watching your progress.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

All the best. Would you consider doing Livid Farm before you finish Farming? It's worth quite a bit of Farming XP as I recall.

Worth about 1M farming xp if I recall.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

This blog lagged me. This is good because mine lags me too.

Sir, you are amazing, I'm going for trimmed comp as well and not many want that awesome cape, maybe we should talk in game about our plans or something :P

Good luck getting the cape man!

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Wow, this is definately the best blog I have seen yet on the forums. This is very well thought out and organized and you seem to be very serious about achieving these goals. I respect your determination and you seem to have potential to achieve these goals. I'll contact you in game to donate and help fund your buyables. Again well done :D

Regular comp cape is quite a bit of commitment, let alone trimmed. Best of luck with your goal :thumbsup:

You might want to consider adding flasks to your list of dailies for a little extra, cash in addition to MTK/pure ess/flax/buckets of sand/seaweed/ect.

They're not tons of money, but they would add up over time, and some long-term investments couldn't hurt in your situation.

Trollbomber.png

To all those curious, I will NOT be using the buyable Squeal of Fortune/Xp spins to achieve my goal. I will be training all my skills myself and i have no problem with the time commitment required to earn the Trimmed Completionist Cape. The only foreseeable obstacle i see to achieve my goal will be making the money to efficiently train my buyables so i can complete my goal in less than 2 years, so if you want to support and help out with that thank you i appreciate it. :) However all my levels and experience will be earned through myself and my time, because in my opinion the size of your irl wallet should not determine how or when you achieve your goal, although everyone has the right to do what they want. I will not be quitting because of this update, and i don't care if Runescape becomes a skeleton of its former self, until the day this game shuts down i will not stop until that Trimmed Completionist Cape is on my (virtual) back. Thank you everyone for your support and good luck with whatever you aspire to achieve in this game and in real life. :)

Wow, amazing blog! I love the layout and the planning that went into this. This is an insane goal but you seem very prepared to take it on. All the best! :thumbsup:

Ah, you seem to already have taken away my biggest "issue" with this blog, which was too many pictures/lack of hide tags. But since that's already dealt with, all I can say is your blog is pretty damn impressive and incredibly well planned and thought out, and I wish you best of luck with your goal. :)

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Best of luck with your goals! :) You seem to have put a lot of effort into the planning, which will make things a lot easier when it comes to doing them.

Might I suggest doing TT before maxing? The Talon Beast charms you get through the Nail Beast events are the best Summoning exp in the game, and I collected ~500 through getting all my followers to 99. Also, the Vyrelord events can go towards your 500 burns goal (I managed to hit 300 burns through TT). I'd also second finishing Livid Farm before 99 Magic/Farming, as the extra exp will help!

Once again, good luck with everything - I've seen you in EoE a few times, but feel free to PM me if you ever want a chat :)

Results of Superheating while Mining in the Living Rock Caverns for 5 days and exchanging Troll Invasion/Penguin/Jack of Trade xp books on Runecrafting

Starting stats:1900 Total Level, 80 Mining, 78 Magic, 54 Smithing, 62 Runecrafting

Ending Stats:1950 Total Level, 90 Mining, 87 Magic, 82 Smithing, 65 Runecrafting

Pictures of a couple of my Level-Ups (Mining and Magic respectively)

90mining.png

Magiclevelupedited.png

Going to start winding down on Superheating while Mining and train Runecrafting upon the introduction of the Runespan if the XP Rates prove to be the fastest RC in the game. I will also start making progress towards 80 Dung for a Chaotic Rapier, as i plan to get my initial Dung rewards as a Rapier, Scroll of cleansing, Bonecrusher, Chaotic Crossbow, Rigour, and an Eagle Eye Kiteshield.

By the way, sorry to be a bother about this and this thread is goal-focused however I'm just going to throw this in here as making a thread on it would be rude and against the forum rules, and note I'm not encouraging trust trading and it is entirely up to the consent of the individual whether or not they wish to help out, but if anyone wants to be so kind I've been wanting an Adventurer's Log/ Forum picture with a partyhat for a while, so if anyone is willing to let me use their partyhat for the picture i appreciate it, and I'll compensate them if they wish. Thanks again everyone for your support and I'll see you all on Runescape! :)