Any way to make Agility training fun?

jetset516a

Trying to hit 90 agility so I can do the upper level Barbarian Agility course and finish my Fremennik task(s). I'm lvl 80, and just getting there was not fun at all. I thought runecrafting was tedious (it is), but at least you GET something out of it and it's not just mindless clicking for hours on end. I know I can eat summer pie(s) and do the advanced gnome course (I've seen it suggested), but eating half a pie for every go-round is just retarded imo...You can't at all afk, and the clicking is too intensive to try and read or even watch a movie while doing it. SO.....

What agility courses do you find fun???

You're stuck with non-afkability and lots of clicking with agility. None of the courses are fun past the first 20 minutes. Eating a pie every time you do a lap is well worth it. I've been doing that from 80-83 agility and it's working out for me. Pies are pretty cheap anyway.

If you want to break up the tedium, you can try barbarian assault for the horn charges.

I've found it very easy to watch a video and train agility. It's not easy to do it if you are watching TV, so maybe try splitscreening?

Splitscreening or skype calls both work quite well.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Definitely use the BA horn, it saves you quite a bit of time and its certainly more fun than conventional agility training. Use pies as well, the experience rates at gnome are quite a bit higher than ape atoll or wherever you are currently.

To answer your question: No.

Make it as short as possible, using Barbarian horn, Sköll boots (whena available)and the aura (forgot the name) and do it in short runs. Using pies is good (I did it as well), but I found it annoying if you are only level 85, as you already described. I did it from 2 levels prior for advanced gnome.

Also, don't forget the circus, and if you really really hate it, use xp lamps on it.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I've recently got 85 Agility, from 81 (so I could do the Elite Task by pieing to 90).

I used my Skoll boots until they ran out & made sure I took a bite of summer pie to boost stats. I then logged off after each completed lap of the advanced Gnome Course (a completed lap should take 45 seconds with no fail or 55 seconds if you do fail the wall run). Logging off & on resets the timer & therefore allows you to do the laps only ever using 1 bite of pie. The only problem comes when you get called by the Talent Scout or a random, in which case you have to start again.

I also purchased the Greater Surefooted Aura which lasts for 40 minutes & stops you failing obstacles - I then went all out for the 40 minute duration of Aura & back to slaying for the 2 hour recharge. This stopped me getting too bored.

I managed to get my Agile Legs & Top by completing 250 laps whilst still only being 85 Agility using this method.

Other than that, it is really dull !!!!!

the_lad_1.png

Do you have to log out completely, or just off to the lobby to make things work out?

Also, does logging out reset the aura? I'm thinking of getting it, and doing what you did in order to get the taks done, but if it resets upon logging out, I might save my points for something more useful.

I still have like 80% of Sköll boots left.... should make them usefull someday in the near future....

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Do you have to log out completely, or just off to the lobby to make things work out?

Also, does logging out reset the aura? I'm thinking of getting it, and doing what you did in order to get the taks done, but if it resets upon logging out, I might save my points for something more useful.

I still have like 80% of Sköll boots left.... should make them usefull someday in the near future....

Just log out to the Lobby.

The Aura doesn't reset as it continues to run when you are logged off. I literally clicked log-in as soon as it appeared, shouldn't take anymore that 5 seconds.

Your Skoll boots will lose all their charge sometime in May I think - so best to use them before then.

the_lad_1.png

Thanks all for the replies. I guess I'll just do a lil' variety. I like doing the agility pyramid as a monotony breaker, and I'll maybe buy some summer pies and do the gnome course with thelog-in/log-out trick (although pies aren't *that* cheap! I had to put in an offer of $1k each and even at that had to wait overnight to buy a full inv. of them!)

I have been using my Sköll boots...I'm down to 55% so I'll def be done by May 1.

I find it possible to watch netflix/etc. while doing agility, if it's something I've seen before or not needing full attention. Definitely try to find a way to click the course without needing to rotate camera (Far less tedious, for me at least) and get some kind of music/skype/whatever on. Also I've found agility bearable when tired late at night (12-2am or so) and early in the morning (5-7am or so). Not really sure why that is, but I get bored of it less often when i'm half asleep.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Abyssal lurker scrolls are +4 agility as well and much cheaper than pies. I personally watched dragon ball z training from 70-83 and went through every episode. Made it fly by.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword