Logdotzip

Squeal of Fortune + Buyable Spins

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Next people will be comparing spin-buyers to nazis, and we all know where that goes.

Buying spins will only cause jagex to add more transactions to the game that will be destructive to the game. There is also that slippery slope Jagex can easily go down. Do you really want a runescape where it is perfectly okay to buy a 99 and full torva?

Buying spins literally supports the destruction of runescape.

This is getting more and more ridiculous, you know that right.

I'm not going to defend the introduction of microtransactions into this game, but even if you compare it to MT games like Maplestory, you can't "buy a 99" and the best armor in the game with Nx cash.

hzvjpwS.gif

I might be totally wrong with this assumption, but it seems like the people who buy spins are largely the same as the people who felt the need to get ahead by botting.

What a load of rubbish and waste of space and time squeal of fortune is, and do people really hand over good money

for more spins ?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

If person A want's xx RC for any reason, and can get that faster by paying for it, don't hate them for doing it. I find it hilarious that some people will kiss Jagex's feet when it comes to their efforts to stop botting, however blame the individuals who choose to use one of Jagex's services.

PS: If I need to spend 700 hours runecrafting, or I can pay $100 (which I earn in 3 hours), I must be an idiot to spend "good money" (as opposed to wasting good time...)...

w4M8t.png

If person A want's xx RC for any reason, and can get that faster by paying for it, don't hate them for doing it. I find it hilarious that some people will kiss Jagex's feet when it comes to their efforts to stop botting, however blame the individuals who choose to use one of Jagex's services.

PS: If I need to spend 700 hours runecrafting, or I can pay $100 (which I earn in 3 hours), I must be an idiot to spend "good money" (as opposed to wasting good time...)...

Except that the general average is around ~250k xp for $20, so 99 in any skill would cost over a thousand dollars.

td2sig.jpg

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Next people will be comparing spin-buyers to nazis, and we all know where that goes.

Buying spins will only cause jagex to add more transactions to the game that will be destructive to the game. There is also that slippery slope Jagex can easily go down. Do you really want a runescape where it is perfectly okay to buy a 99 and full torva?

Buying spins literally supports the destruction of runescape.

Microtransactions do not necessarily mean the destruction of RuneScape.

Anyway, buying spins, although something I personally consider to be a most unwise (or just plain stupid) way of spending money, doesn't make the buyer a bad person. To each their own, and if people want to be wasting their money on spins it is their right to do so without others having to pass judgement on them for it.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Posting on game fansites that you dont even play makes you a bad person...don't do it. Its like complaining about how walmart's customer service sucks when you haven't been there in a year.

Except that the general average is around ~250k xp for $20, so 99 in any skill would cost over a thousand dollars.

Yes, but level 73 is at 1m xp, which unlocks most quest content (most)...If you are going for "99" in a skill, then it's pretty dumb to pay for it, as 1. It's expensive and 2. It kind of removes the point of getting 99. However, if I need a quest requirement, and I hate that skill, I can suffer through leveling it (which is miserable), or I can pay for it, which is likely a better value for my time.

The argument that paying for something removes the level playing field is bs, because the playing field is already not level. RS isn't dictated by skill, it's dictated by time spent on it. If someone has less time to spend on it because of other priorities, they should be able to pay for the content. I think it's a smart business model on Jagex's part. How does saturating the amount of high levels ruin the game? More people will have access to more game content, but Jagex will have more money to afford more servers. If they don't respond appropriately to the influx of higher levels, than that is their problem.

And to those who say it belittles their achievement, grow up, it's a video game. You want to be acknowledged for an achievement, go out and do something productive for society.

w4M8t.png

So considering the fact that minimum wage (at least here) is over $10 / hour, and RC for instance is around 60k exp an hour, for the amount of hours training yourself, you could have been working instead for double the money it costs for that exp. Is it still stupid to spend 20 bucks, AND earn an additional 20 bucks in the same time it would have taken to get that exp legit, but with no money gained whatsoever?

Don't get me wrong, I HATE this update, drove me to pretty much quit altogether, but you really can't blame people for doing it, especially when it's a HELL of alot more time efficient to do this as well.

This is also coming from someone who has maxed an account 100% legit, and almost maxed a 2nd 100% legit.

I really want to know how the hell you're supposed to get 60k/h at RC, I struggle to get 25k/h at ZMI. I'm not demanding a detailed guide, but could you guys enlighten me a bit? :P First time I heard about 60k/h was ZMI at 99, now I hear claiming everyone can get 60k/h. :s

Also, I find it so dissapointing that after the two first days of mod posts saying "we'll pass it on and give you answers later on" we haven't got a single Jmod post about this update... Smells a bit like the MapleStory debacle...

I really want to know how the hell you're supposed to get 60k/h at RC, I struggle to get 25k/h at ZMI. I'm not demanding a detailed guide, but could you guys enlighten me a bit? :P First time I heard about 60k/h was ZMI at 99, now I hear claiming everyone can get 60k/h. :s

Also, I find it so dissapointing that after the two first days of mod posts saying "we'll pass it on and give you answers later on" we haven't got a single Jmod post about this update... Smells a bit like the MapleStory debacle...

Considering Insight was and is the driving force behind both, are you really surprised?

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Everyone here except very few hates sof. But some of you seem hesitant to point the fingers at the spin buyers.

Imo they are definitely part of the problem. Spin buyers are not that different from bot,gold, and xp farming buyers at all, except one has somehow been sanctioned by Jagex. They are part of the problem by creating this demand for conversion of real money to in game items/xp. Honestly, it would Not surprise me at all that the biggest spin buyers are also the biggest gold buyers.

It is this demand that shatters the spirit of rs, one put so succintly by the rule that has so recently been changed. It is that rule that made me respect and play this game for so long. You have all figured out by now that I'm a staunch egalitarianism believer irl too (go buffett rule and occupy movement). You can't expect me to just sit here and accept these spins buyers as just another player...they are sanctioned cheaters, and their dollars support (via many channels but finally to the evil investment bankers of wall street...as pointed out by ts stormage) just more greed, unfairness, poverty, and sadness in our world.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

However, if I need a quest requirement, and I hate that skill, I can suffer through leveling it (which is miserable),

???!!!!

If playing the game is such a torturous experience, why bother? Go out and do something useful (and more rewarding!) for society!

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Hopefully he means that the quest itself (or showing off with that Quest Cape) is more enjoyable than grinding that skill.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

No. You.

Wait.

Did you really.

And they call me a troll.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

it would Not surprise me at all that the biggest spin buyers are also the biggest gold buyers.

Got that backwards sorta, IMO biggest Spin buyers are the biggest gold sellers.

Like has been shown the people who have already spent $2,000+ in spins all are stakers

Good fight, dislike but good job from a investment perspective.

Look forward everyone, that is to buying gp ect in the future in my opinion.

Lots of other games offer it, jagex is just shifting with the times.

My optimistic nature wants to tell me that Jagex understands that legitimizing buying GP would be the straw that broke the camel's back. Also a few people mentioned that it would place a value on GP and label RuneScape as gambling and subject to appropriate laws in appropriate countries.

I think if Jagex does expand the cash shop (and RuneScape does have a cash shop now, that only sells spins), it will follow the logic of Squeal of Fortune: Untradeable, unalchable, special versions. Like you'll be able to buy a "Requisitioned [item]" (requisitioned is just the title I gave to it).

Yeah, but Full Torva is still Full Torva. Or w/e you get. Point is, the primary function will still be the same.

Siggied.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

However, if I need a quest requirement, and I hate that skill, I can suffer through leveling it (which is miserable),

???!!!!

If playing the game is such a torturous experience, why bother? Go out and do something useful (and more rewarding!) for society!

this comment bothered me so i'm going reply to it. i don't think it was a nice thing to say. you lashed out at that person simply because they shared a view which threatened your view of rs. i think the only reason why you would feel so affronted by a comment such as the one N64 made is if you are very sensitive to the idea of someone suffering through something which you enjoy, if avoiding that reality about rs is important to your own enjoyment of it.

of course there is no reason why someone who identifies as suffering through aspects of rs should stop playing and do something more useful with their time any more than someone who enjoys those same aspects should.

you lashed out at that person simply because they shared a view which threatened your view of rs.

Welcome to Tip.it Forum

it would Not surprise me at all that the biggest spin buyers are also the biggest gold buyers.

Like has been shown the people who have already spent $2,000+ in spins all are stakers

Exactly--

Pro's guide to maxing an account:

Step 1: Win billions staking

Step2: Sell billions on ebay, make bank IRL

Step 3: Use the money you made selling GP to pay for spins

Step 4: Repeat and profit!

td2sig.jpg

???!!!!

this comment bothered me so i'm going reply to it. i don't think it was a nice thing to say. you lashed out at that person simply because they shared a view which threatened your view of rs. i think the only reason why you would feel so affronted by a comment such as the one N64 made is if you are very sensitive to the idea of someone suffering through something which you enjoy, if avoiding that reality about rs is important to your own enjoyment of it.

of course there is no reason why someone who identifies as suffering through aspects of rs should stop playing and do something more useful with their time any more than someone who enjoys those same aspects should.

The point I'm making was basically covered by your second point. If people who play this game feel like they are suffering through it, or it's a chore, or it's the bane of their existence, then the question is why they'd want to play this game at all.

What others think of this game doesn't affect me - if I cared at all, I would have quit over a decade ago.

And lastly, N64 has always been the one to talk about improving society and all that stuff if you've read his previous posts on this thread. I'm cool with that - you have your own ways to spend your time, and I have mine.

you lashed out at that person simply because they shared a view which threatened your view of rs.

Welcome to Tip.it Forum

:rolleyes:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

N64 has always been the one to talk about improving society and all that stuff if you've read his previous posts on this thread

aw i didn't. i should have before jumping in and replying to your comment. that's interesting information.

If people who play this game feel like they are suffering through it, or it's a chore, or it's the bane of their existence, then the question is why they'd want to play this game at all.

well i don't really think he was implying it was major suffering or anything like that - seemed to be expressing the typical aversion to grinding that many people have. the reason why rs players who don't like the grinding put up with it is, i think, for the rewards one gets from doing it, or perceived rewards. plenty of people work jobs they don't like in order to do the things that having more money allows them to do.

Wow, do you have any proof of someone who had spent over 2000 dollars in just spins?