Are you going to CONTINUE renewing membership?

Dire_Wolf

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to CONTINUE renewing membership?

• Yes
    • No

I cancelled due to security concerns. I will reconsider my position if they ever put in security to safeguard their new rwt methods. Atm rent > game. I require the trust of a company to be responsible with my card details. Im aware and have removed my details however this shouldnt be necessary. I also cannot know their future updates and I need to trust they are going to be responsible. I cannot do that if with their current update they are being irresponsible.

Really is a no brainer for me. Rent-Food-Etc > Game.

I am also not happy with jagex rwting and would have to debate that once they actually secure it. Idk my decision on that. I will have to cross that bridge if I ever come to it. I honestly dont know. Right now im simply concerned with my lack of trust for jagex with my security. I dont want my real life money being drained due to the recovery system being abused - alongside a future update that re-enters my details once again without my knowledge.

Maybe even more important than my financial security - I hate the fact that children can use their parents cards and may develop gambling problems. To me this is extremely immoral practices by jagex. However again this is related to security. They have released no statement however I consider the change in TOS to be as valid as any statement. It would seem they are 'ok' with such immoral practices. With no other statement from jagex to hear their opinion on the matter. This also factored in on my decision to unsub.

I'll renew until I'm bored not because an update lets some rich dick get things quicker.

This. Why would you quit if you're not actually bored?

N7m.png

For now, I won't, as much as I hate the ability to buy XP, it isn't enough to take me off the game, but if we ever have to pay extra to be able to play some features of the game... (Extra cash besides the subscription money) then I'll most likely quit...

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

For now, yes. This update could be the start of something very bad, but for now, I'm not so enraged that I feel the need to cancel. The membership price isn't high enough for me to feel like I'm wasting money even if I don't play. But if we start getting more microtransactions (like actually buying armour/weapons/items/gold) then I probably will stop renewing.

Same for me. I've come to the point that I'm actively considering my future with this game as opposed to renewing it without a thought, but I'm not actually cancelling yet. And I certainly won't buy any spins as a matter of moral principle.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I've quit over less before. Not saying I will atm, but I can guarentee that I'll cancel in the future over this. I've dealt with F2P, just waiting for them to take that away, and then I'm pretty much done with RS. At that point I know they're just going to [bleep] it up more and I gotta get out of this game early, before I start feeling like I REALLY wasted my time and it's not worth playing.

Side note: Diablo 3 might make me quit this shithole. Gf Jagex and your lame ass Rwt ideas.

553VriC.png?1

With this update, I see a pattern emerging very clearly that leads to some place I will not go (micro transactions can suck it). I have one final goal left holding me to the game, which is all 80+, and involves a lot of things I don't really want to do (hence why I didn't achieve it months ago like I could have), so that might never happen. I think after just over 8 years of playing this game, I might be ready to move on (not from here of course). The rest of my life seems to be lining up for new things for me, and I think that will be the end of my career in their game whether I like it or not. Their just making it easier for me.

The only thing that is even holding me to the game is the people I chat with and that I cannot find a decent MMORPG I can get into. Unfortunately, the former is dwindling as my list is getting more inactive with all the quitting from rage or boredom and I am just on to get into some small talk and usually am on an hour at most each session. As for the update itself, I usually don't look highly on people or groups who don't live up to their ideals as highly as they claim, even worse when they adjust those same ideals and visions slightly so they feel what they are doing is still good.

I know it's a company and the economy isn't exactly sparkling, but I am questioning if I should buy another membership card. Might just focus 100% on trying to get employed and invest in console gaming for awhile.

The only thing that is even holding me to the game is the people I chat with and that I cannot find a decent MMORPG I can get into. Unfortunately, the former is dwindling as my list is getting more inactive with all the quitting from rage or boredom and I am just on to get into some small talk and usually am on an hour at most each session. As for the update itself, I usually don't look highly on people or groups who don't live up to their ideals as highly as they claim, even worse when they adjust those same ideals and visions slightly so they feel what they are doing is still good.

I know it's a company and the economy isn't exactly sparkling, but I am questioning if I should buy another membership card. Might just focus 100% on trying to get employed and invest in console gaming for awhile.

Sounds exactly like me lol. Look into getting Diablo 3. US cost is ~$60. Overseas it's more afaik, like Aus costing something like $95 Usd. It looks really nice and I haven't heard much about the game even though I know a lot of beta players. It's kept it really unspoiled for me :).

But yeah, nice post and definitely agree on all of it. Gl to whatever you should choose, you'll be happy with the outcome I think. Unless you decide to stay and Jagex does indeed [bleep] the game up more..In which case you won't need to decide.

I'll renew until I'm bored not because an update lets some rich dick get things quicker.

This. Why would you quit if you're not actually bored?

I'm not bored so-to-speak, but I play Rs a LOT. The few areas I concentrate on playing are completely [bleep]ed up, esp. after this update. Also, I don't feel like contributing to a douchebag company anymore. Thanks for looking at all sides before commenting, guys.

553VriC.png?1

If they went full blown cash shop with stuff like +150% xp potions, overpowered weapons and armour, tickets to 'premium areas' and such, then yeah I'd quit. But not over something this small.

2480+ total