Cluescroll cap Increase Discussion (Poll included)

Dire_Wolf

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should the cluescroll cap be increased or be unlimited?

• Yes
    • No

I wish you could have more than one Cluescroll. Treasure trails are fun.

So i wanted to make this topic to see the pros and cons of increased cluescroll cap.

I will start with a argument:

If we have increased caps, more people will do Treasure trails. It will become a better way for people to earn cash.

Treasure trails items prices may change because of this, but hasn't Squeal of Fortune done the same thing with many items?

Isn't it better to make Treasure Trails more enjoyable? And why should the cap be there?

POLL NOTE:

When voting in poll please do not let Runescape market changes affect your decision. Squeal of Fortune and BXP affects Runescape affect market.

Instead ask yourself: Would i do more Treasure Trails?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe they could change it so you can have more than one clue scroll, but not more than 1 of the same level; for example, you can't have 2 hard clues at the same time but can have a Hard and an Elite clue at the same time!

Only time will tell until the next TT update!

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Well maybe they could change it so you can have more than one clue scroll, but not more than 1 of the same level; for example, you can't have 2 hard clues at the same time but can have a Hard and an Elite clue at the same time!

Only time will tell until the next TT update!

That would pretty much be like now. Just with a slight difference.

Eh, I don't think many people would start clue-scrolling again if we could bank multiples. The money from them is not that good (read: terrible) and there is basically no xp = not efficient.

That and I don't like stuffing my bank with all of the items required to do TT.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Eh, I don't think many people would start clue-scrolling again if we could bank multiples. The money from them is not that good (read: terrible) and there is basically no xp = not efficient.

Long term you may earn alot, but one of the things with Cluescrolls is that it takes time to get them.

If you collect 100 Cluescrolls during combat, are you telling me doing them isn't worth it?

Long term you may earn alot, but one of the things with Cluescrolls is that it takes time to get them.

If you collect 100 Cluescrolls during combat, are you telling me doing them isn't worth it?

You have a very valid point. It a shame clue scrolls are such dead content when they have the potential to be like the economy-double to effigies.

In the same way that standard combat allows you to collect effigies that you can use for xp rewards, clues have the potential to grant you financial rewards.

Why not? It's a good idea, to say the least, although there are a few other little things to address as well, for example the payout vs time investment.

You have a very valid point. It a shame clue scrolls are such dead content when they have the potential to be like the economy-double to effigies.

In the same way that standard combat allows you to collect effigies that you can use for xp rewards, clues have the potential to grant you financial rewards.

Why not? It's a good idea, to say the least, although there are a few other little things to address as well, for example the payout vs time investment.

Another argument against comments like "It will make everything crash!":

Well if loads people start doing Treasure Trails because they have collected 20, 50 or even 100 scrolls - wouldn't that mean they enjoy such way of Treasure Trailing?

And also Treasure Trail is about luck.

I'd personally love such an update. One strange scenario would be having many clue scrolls all at the same clue, so that speaking to Uri would give many clue scroll caskets.

I've done multiple clue scrolls in conjunction with one another; my maximum being 3 hard clues at the same time. It's a pain, but without the need to drop and relay, I think it would perhaps be faster than doing two individually, as you're likely to find times when the two scrolls are at similar locations.

sanasiggy.png

Capes: Dungeoneering, Dungeoneering (t), Defence (t), Attack (t),

Constitution (t), Quest, Soulwars (both), Fire, Tokhaar Kal

Massive thanks to [)en[)en for my signature picture.

I think clue scrolls have changed, the rewards are getting worse I am sure lol.

I only play RS to do clue scrolls, I used to be able to do 5+ a day, now I cannot do more than 2 and thats grionding for 9 hours sometimes for 1 scroll, in the last 15 days i have done 30 scrolls and the best item was rune legs<h>

I have my bank set out with every clue scroll item needed for all of the emote items needed and the rest of the gear including teleports and fairyring codes, I only do level 43 clues<hard> and get them from Elves in leteya<sp>

Banking clue scrolls is not really a good idea unless you are on a serious grinding mission as you can expect a scroll roughly every 200-300 mobs

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

I voted no.

I'm not completely against it but it definitely isn't necessary. If I see all these clues in my bank I would probably feel that I should never do any of them. Also, doing 2 at once is a nice accomplishment, try it some time =p

Sugar_Nana.png

The key word here is "may". Yes you may get lucky, and then again, you probably won't. It would be better money (and xp!) long term to go camp a boss for nex items, sigils, etc. Not that the lower TT rewards can be ignored, but aren't the really expensive rewards 1/10,000?

Yes, I'm saying that doing 100 clue scrolls would be a waste of time for me and many others. Fun, yes, but you'd have to be very lucky for it to actually be worth the time spent.

2435/2475

The key word here is "may". Yes you may get lucky, and then again, you probably won't. It would be better money (and xp!) long term to go camp a boss for nex items, sigils, etc. Not that the lower TT rewards can be ignored, but aren't the really expensive rewards 1/10,000?

Yes, I'm saying that doing 100 clue scrolls would be a waste of time for me and many others. Fun, yes, but you'd have to be very lucky for it to actually be worth the time spent.

Are you saying that because Clue scrolls aren't profitable you shouldn't be able to have more than 1?

Are you saying that because Clue scrolls aren't profitable you shouldn't be able to have more than 1?

Not seeing how you got that from any of my posts. :unsure:

I was addressing your claim that more people would do TT if the cap was increased. You added in the poll after my first post so I'll go vote in it now. I always thought that the cap was dumb, but I imagine there is a technical limitation behind it.

I'm assuming that people who would do more clue scrolls if multiples can be banked would do them because it's a pain to stop mid fight to go and do the clue?

2435/2475

Not seeing how you got that from any of my posts. :unsure:

I was addressing your claim that more people would do TT if the cap was increased. You added in the poll after my first post so I'll go vote in it now. I always thought that the cap was dumb, but I imagine there is a technical limitation behind it.

I'm assuming that people who would do more clue scrolls if multiples can be banked would do them because it's a pain to stop mid fight to go and do the clue?

I believe more people would TT because clues can be quite profitable. For example the one being most profitable being Elite.

Take Slayers for example, they would collect their clues.

And when time is right based on how many clues they have they will start doing them, because clues are fun. It's fun to see what you get at end of all the work. And TT is not like PvM, you can do it at your own pace.

The reason why TT is "not worth" it in a way is because of the time it takes to get them or because in order to get another you must finish the first. And not everyone wants to interupt their slayer task or Boss hunting for that.

Also TT is in a way like PvM, you need to update it. Add in new rewards and challenges.

Clue scrolls are partly the reason why I don't train combat much anymore since they were introduced. An increase would be nice so I can do several when I'm done with my fighting instead of having to stop just to finish that one.

Clue scrolls are partly the reason why I don't train combat much anymore since they were introduced. An increase would be nice so I can do several when I'm done with my fighting instead of having to stop just to finish that one.

I hope that when they do increase the cap that it's 50 or more.

It would be great if the clues could stack, but knowing how clues are different it may not be possible for Jagex team to pull that off?

I hope that when they do increase the cap that it's 50 or more.

It would be great if the clues could stack, but knowing how clues are different it may not be possible for Jagex team to pull that off?

It can be done very easily just making it so you're only allowed to do one clue at a time.

It can be done very easily just making it so you're only allowed to do one clue at a time.

I thought of "What if a player does two clues at same time? Then they may profit loads!" and thought "Perhaps they shouldn't be allowed to do more than 1 at a time?". But then again from another perspective if someone is good at something for example TTs, why should they be stopped? There are merchants and PvMers in Runescape - noone is stopping them from making cash. And also KEYERS!

I voted yes, mainly due to the fact I regularly have to leave 2 scrolls on ground from a Slayer task (Metal Drags & Ice Strykes seem to be the biggest offenders in multiple scroll dropping).

I enjoy doing the scrolls as a quick distraction from the 'game' - Agree that most of the time the rewards do not justify the time, however there is always the chance of getting something good. I've had 3rd Age Mage Legs before (spookily enough it was on Good Friday 5 years ago!!).

What I would prefer though is an increase in the split between Elite & Hard Clue drops - Elites are still far too rare imo.

the_lad_1.png

Problem with many of the lower end clue scrolls right now isn't just the rewards, its the annoying Emote clues that sometime require rarely used equipment or clothes from a random shop

And if they could remove sweets, biscuits and tele scrolls from being part of the 'will always drop 1 exclusive TT item' (just put it as an extra reward), that would help TTs a lot

Problem with many of the lower end clue scrolls right now isn't just the rewards, its the annoying Emote clues that sometime require rarely used equipment or clothes from a random shop

And if they could remove sweets, biscuits and tele scrolls from being part of the 'will always drop 1 exclusive TT item' (just put it as an extra reward), that would help TTs a lot

How is that a problem? Treasure Trails is a way to make money and a big part of Runescape.

It's just like Bosses, Slayer or Skilling.

It requires stuff. As for tele scrolls it's better than nothing.

How is that a problem? Treasure Trails is a way to make money and a big part of Runescape.

It's just like Bosses, Slayer or Skilling.

It requires stuff. As for tele scrolls it's better than nothing.

The problem lies with the 2nd thing I mentioned, the 1x 'always have' TT item

Sweets, biscuits and scrolls aren't really as good as say, Ranger Boots, Wizard Boots or a nice shiny piece of trimmed/gold/god armour. I have done quite a few only to get sweets, biscuits or scrolls that sell for less than most TT items

TTs already require you to be lucky and kill the correct mobs. Emote clues are just annoying because you may need to deviate and go to said store/ge or make the item, then go back to the TT which will take up a lot of time

Problem repeats when you get the same exact clue that does it again, and oops, you already sold the item cos its taking space. Already quite a lot of my bank spaced is filled with Level 3 emote TT items so I don't have to fumble around on the GE for 1

Allowing players to pick up multiple clues will help, but creates problems technically esp when it comes to Elite orb/scan clues.