Petition Against Insight Venture Partners

DaElf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is, of course, your choice, but Change.org is a trusted petitioning website with millions of active members. It would be rather difficult to find a more widely used petitioning website.

Which just means a ton of people are going to have their personal information needlessly made public if the site ever gets compromised.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Which just means a ton of people are going to have their personal information needlessly made public if the site ever gets compromised.

If that's the way you wish to see it, but that's an extremely cynical view, IMO. If you are concerned about that, then you certainly wouldn't be the first to simply use their RS name and incorrect address, if you chose that path.

Now, can we keep it to discussion of the principles of the petition, please?

If that's the way you wish to see it, but that's an extremely cynical view, IMO. If you are concerned about that, then you certainly wouldn't be the first to simply use their RS name and incorrect address, if you chose that path.

Now, can we keep it to discussion of the principles of the petition, please?

It may be cynical but it is also perfectly logical. They are not a payment processor so they do not have to follow the strict security restrictions of PCI and therefore are not liable at all if their database is breached, which in the modern age is not too uncommon to assume it won't happen to changes.org, in fact I would think changes.org is a massive target for groups who want to discover information about the people petitioning against them.

Edit:

[qfc]15-16-361-63671263[/qfc] This thread and the previous in the series by the same poster is a petition that might actually have an effect.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

What concerns me more is that your petition severely understates the increased amount of security risks Jagex has taken on since 2009/2010. If people have to adapt to something, OH LAWDY NO! But if people are putting their personal information at risk, they'll take a big bite into that shit-flavored pie and happily ask for another.

hzvjpwS.gif

Of all the petitions I've ever signed, including government ones, I've never needed more than an email address. Asking for a full address is ridiculous, there are plenty of other well know petition sites that don't ask for such details.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The petition isn't going to change anything at all.

This. A petition against a company does nothing. Boycotting their product, or hurting their bottom line in some significant way, does.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

This. A petition against a company does nothing. Boycotting their product, or hurting their bottom line in some significant way, does.

My membership ends on the 10th and will not be renewed, but that does not mean that one can not do more than simply that.

Enjoy f2p then while I enjoy my game.

1 million+ bot memberships lost didn't make Jagex bat an eye. Nothing less than a violent standoff will change anything.

And if I remember correctly, Insight owns over 51% of the stock. They can close the game today if they wanted to. And they could just as easily get new, naiive players.

My membership ends on the 10th and will not be renewed, but that does not mean that one can not do more than simply that.

Sure, you "can" do more. I just hold that it will be ineffective. No impact=no reason to do it.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

While I admire your sentiment, there are much more practical things you could be doing.

If you are in the United States, you should be contacting the Secretary of State for your individual state (not the US Secretary of State). This is the department that handles gaming / gambling for your state.

In my state, the gambling laws apply to lotteries, chain or pyramid clubs, numbers, pinball, poker or any as yet unnamed scheme where value is risked for profit.

The suits at Insight are playing with weasel words and gambling that you guys are not savvy enough to call them to task. Call their bluff; contact your state Secretary of State and bring RuneScape to their attention.

Just fire off an email and ask your local Secretary of State if the SoF violates local gaming laws. Let your legislators do the heavy lifting.

Quick ref: http://www.gambling-law-us.com/State-Law-Summary/

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Enjoy f2p then while I enjoy my game.

1 million+ bot memberships lost didn't make Jagex bat an eye. Nothing less than a violent standoff will change anything.

And if I remember correctly, Insight owns over 51% of the stock. They can close the game today if they wanted to. And they could just as easily get new, naiive players.

Wow... I have never thought about it that way...

Considering all the subsequent changes, I would have do disagree. It's the art of public relations. They're not exactly going to panic and disclose it publicly via a frontpage update, are they?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.